Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

^^

The books are really nice. Read The Hobbit first, then pick up the rest three. Probably the movie would be more enjoyable once you have read them. Enjoy.

I find the LOTR to be racist and overrated a bit, although I like the trilogy but it was boring sometimes, and lame-ish in some parts

The fellowship of the ring - 7/10

The Two towers - 8/10

The return of the king - 8.5/10

Mephistopheles said:
All the good guys are white (none whether in Gondor or Rohan is black/brown/asian ), and other are evil (asians, brown and black men)..the east vs. west thing (repeatedly) to name a few :|
Too good :lol:.
If you look into everything that much, it is probably you who is actually racist. Something to think about...

saumilsingh said:
If you look into everything that much, it is probably you who is actually racist. Something to think about...
ROFL! Here on, every movie needs to have a person from every race, caste and religion possible on the good side, otherwise you'd be discriminating!

Told myself not to write about it being "racist", anyways that's your perception, and it being a bit racist is mine
I dunno if you all found that the east and west thing added value but to me it was plain bullshit

cyberjunkie said:
ROFL! Here on, every movie needs to have a person from every race, caste and religion possible on the good side, otherwise you'd be discriminating!
Wow, someone really can perceive things differently then what a person originally meant to, but anyways caste lol

saumilsingh said:
I want black Legolas.

:) That would be so wicked.

Mephistopheles said:
Told myself not to write about it being "racist", anyways that's your perception, and it being a bit racist is mine

I dunno if you all found that the east and west thing added value but to me it was plain bullshit
Wow, someone really can perceive things differently then what a person originally meant to, but anyways caste lol

Yes, true it is just personal perception. Though if you read the books, you might better understand that this universe is created quite in detail by the author. Ok, the skin colors might not be mentioned, but maps (some publications have fold outs) and geographical regions are clearly reasoned out for. There are umpteen movies out there where "dark, darkness" are connotations of evil. Star Wars...?? Darth (Dark) Vader..? Now is that racist too..?

:)

Keane 16 said:
Kick Ass - 7/10 - Disappointing.

True that. Definitely its worth a dekho but not that superb that it deserve #181 rank by IMDB. :ashamed:

cyberjunkie said:

LOL! :lol:

racist? hahaha.. the bad people were mostly trolls and ogres.Dont expect Tolkein to include black characters on the good side when he wrote the book just thinking that he shouldn't piss off people decades later!!!

saumilsingh said:

cyberjunkie said:

asingh said:
:) That would be so wicked.

Yes, true it is just personal perception. Though if you read the books, you might better understand that this universe is created quite in detail by the author. Ok, the skin colors might not be mentioned, but maps (some publications have fold outs) and geographical regions are clearly reasoned out for. There are umpteen movies out there where "dark, darkness" are connotations of evil. Star Wars...?? Darth (Dark) Vader..? Now is that racist too..?

:)
raptor3624 said:
racist? hahaha.. the bad people were mostly trolls and ogres.Dont expect Tolkein to include black characters on the good side when he wrote the book just thinking that he shouldn't piss off people decades later!!!
First of all, I haven't read the book

There were also humans on Mordor's side, they were from a different continent and were black/brown who rode oliphants

When you make a movie which includes the whole world, throwing some black/brown people among the good guys doesn't hurt, Eh? Or could have made Rohan a country for people from other ethnic groups (or don't put people other than white's at all), if the map was made in so detail etc. then why was it made so that Mordor and all evil shit lies in the east?

Im not saying that every movie should contain "all different kinds of people of all races" (lol), an American movies will contain Americans, but this movie deals with the whole world altogether, I don't even care if they don't put in some black/brown/asian people in such a movie, but putting them all on the evil side and all white elitist on the good side is a bit racist for me

^^
The whole world of LOTR had nothing to do with our present/past/future world. Its a completely different universe. Its Middle-earth. The "east' or "west" of this world is different. Speaking of fair, Saruman is shown to be fair...being evil. Gimli son of Gloin was dark being part of the ring fellowship. Smeagol is shown as fair before he turns evil -- and commits his big crime.

Mephistopheles said:
First of all, I haven't read the book
There were also humans on Mordor's side, they were from a different continent and were black/brown who rode oliphants
When you make a movie which includes the whole world, throwing some black/brown people among the good guys doesn't hurt, Eh? Or could have made Rohan a country for people from other ethnic groups (or don't put people other than white's at all), if the map was made in so detail etc. then why was it made so that Mordor and all evil shit lies in the east?
Im not saying that every movie should contain "all different kinds of people of all races" (lol), an American movies will contain Americans, but this movie deals with the whole world altogether, I don't even care if they don't put in some black/brown/asian people in such a movie, but putting them all on the evil side and all white elitist on the good side is a bit racist for me
Dude, Middle Earth is NOT on Planet Earth. There is no Asia or Africa, so there are no asians or africans in it. Infact, the whole continent that the LOTR stories takes place in is in the East of their World. So, all of them are from east. Elves rose in this eastern continent and kept moving to the west (Aman) over the ages. The people of Rohan also have their origins in the east. Their lifestyle is described more like Mongolian horsemen. Now, the difference in looks exists between the good guys also. That is because they actually do belong to different races. About there not being any dark looking men in the good guys. Well, there is actually a small instance that is not included in the movies. When the armies of Rohan are marching towards Gondor to help save it, as they near Gondor, they encounter a huge party of Orcs on the road. At this point they are helped by a tribal group of people whose looks are described somewhat like African tribesmen. These people lead the army of Rohan through a hilly mountainous passage and help them bypass the orc company. This not only saves them time and bring them closer to gondor, but also helps them avoid casualties by having to fight the orcs.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

viralbug said:
No kidding. I was literally frustrated by the time those two imbeciles reached the mountain. It took them so much time to reach there, I thought they never would! :|
You should'nt read the book then. It actually takes them days to reach the mountain after they enter Mordor. :)
asingh said:
^^
The books are really nice. Read The Hobbit first, then pick up the rest three. Probably the movie would be more enjoyable once you have read them. Enjoy.
I read the books after I saw the movies and I could never enjoy the movies after that. :) Just thought that a bit too much was changed. Some totally unnecessary stuff was added like Aragorn falling over the cliff in 2nd movie and Faramir kidnapping Frodo and Sam in 3rd one. Some really interesting stuff was removed like Tom Bombadil and the Barrow Downs and the story behind Merry's sword.

raptor3624 said:
Fame is good.Have heard very good things about Urvashi theater too.
I wouldnt recommend Urvashi. The seats are horribly congested. Its like sitting in the backseat of a car. Virtually no leg room. I for one am never going back there. BTW, the new Inox at Mantri Mall is amazing. Bit expensive, but seats, audio everything is superb.

@Pretttt:

I read these books when I was in 5th...! And every 4-5 years I used to read 'em again. So really enjoyed the movies. Yes, as you said, parts were added and cut. But overall I think it was a really good depiction. The Ring - Wraiths were awesome.

Back