Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

YoGi-Sama

Skilled
Jul 14, 2007
City of Blinding Lights
ocularimpressions.com
(500) Days of Summer - 8.5/10

Can't believe I put this movie off for so long, especially going by the fact that two of my favorite actors are in it... Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel. But finally watched it and as I suspected in first 2 mins... I LOVED IT.

Beautiful movie.... the experience is so realistic yet so surreal, brilliantly aided by some of the real gem of songs. In fact, Sweet Disposition is such a nice track, but it didn't sound so better before watching this movie. Now I see Zooey in front of my eyes as I am listening to it. Trippy. :)

XTechManiac

Adept
May 1, 2010
Kolkata
Toy Story 1 -- 10/10

Toy Story 2 -- 10/10

Toy Story 3 -- 10/10

Yes, indeed it is one of the perfect and spectacular trilogy that I've ever watched. I've became a big fan of the animated movies of the Pixar Studios. They always try to increase the fun limit in their movies, creating movies that are more than just worth a watch, even when they were made a decade ago. Toy Story 1 is perfect from top to bottom, and the movie provides an excellent adventure story about friendship and loyalty that kept me engrossed until the nail-biting climax.

It is followed by a terrific sequel i.e. Toy Story 2 which continues the traditional lives of the characters in the original movie released in 1995. It started absolutely marvelous, one of the greatest and humorous opening sequences ever. The plot is really smart, the animation is brilliant and the humor and the fun-factor was carried till the last minute of the movie.

Toy Story 3 does exactly what the first two did, covered all aspects of film-making and entertainment. The humor, the fun is back but this time it has more suspense, more drama, and many more surprises. The movie is simply perfect. To be honest, it is literally impossible to find any flaw in the trilogy. Guess what, from now on I always suspected that my little bro's toys comes to life when I am not around! :p

Apr 28, 2009
Brampton
I also wanted to watch Toy story 3, but I haven't seen the previous two films..

Will I still be able to enjoy the previous two films even though I didnt watch them as a kid?

XTechManiac

Adept
May 1, 2010
Kolkata
Mephistopheles said:
I also wanted to watch Toy story 3, but I haven't seen the previous two films..

Will I still be able to enjoy the previous two films even though I didnt watch them as a kid?

Yea, you'll still enjoy it. Toy Story is the perfect trilogy. As I said the movies are more than just worth a watch, even if they were made a decade ago.

Sei

Skilled
Aug 14, 2006
Pune
Expendables - 9/10

Knight and Day - 6.5/10

OT: Toy Story never really fascinated me. One of the very few animated movies which failed to, though.

XTechManiac

Adept
May 1, 2010
Kolkata
Sei said:
OT: Toy Story never really fascinated me. One of the very few animated movies which failed to, though.

To be honest, like and dislike for a movie varies from person to person. For example, you rated Expendables 9/10, which has been rated less than 5 by most of our other members.

According to me, Toy Story was a perfect trilogy which has all the aspects of film-making and entertainment including humor, fun-factor, suspense, drama and surprises. :) Just personal opinion.

ubergeek

Skilled
Jul 10, 2007
expendable Blahh

i didnt like the movie that much it is bunch of big ass burly men saying the f word and xplosions and xoplosions bugger load of explosions

raptor3624

Adept
Sep 23, 2007
Grown Ups - 7.5/10

Good fun movie.mixed bag of laughter from dialogues, general acting, visuals and cast.Less comedy from Chris Rock.

Ong Bak 3 - 4/10

Sucks bigtime.Not as good as first and second part.first half is a waste.hardly any action.Second part contains some action but it's more of a dance.Big disappointment from Tony Jaa.

Ong Bak 2 - 8/10

Damn good movie for you martial arts freaks.Great action sequences.For a martial arts enthusiast like me, this was great fun.Great techniques of elbows and knees.

Dark Star

ex-Mod
May 7, 2006
The Prestige : 10/10

Awesomeness. What is with Nolans movie? It always leave you with a question and my head is spinning all around just like I had with Inception. Sheer perfection and pure awesomeness.

RD274

I.can.edit.this?omg
Skilled
Sep 9, 2009
Ahmedabad
Despicable Me 3D - 8.5/10
It ain't as good as Up or Wall-E but still a humorous and cute movie that you could take ur kids or gf too. Also, its possibly the best 3D I've ever seen .....

The Expendables - 7/10
Its just for the alpha males, theres no thick movie plot, story, character development or kahine-mein-twist. Theres blood, action, guns and explosions; satisfactory :lol: .....

sabby

ex-Mod
Jun 13, 2009
Bangalore
XTechManiac said:
To be honest, like and dislike for a movie varies from person to person. For example, you rated Expendables 9/10, which has been rated less than 5 by most of our other members.
According to me, Toy Story was a perfect trilogy which has all the aspects of film-making and entertainment including humor, fun-factor, suspense, drama and surprises. :) Just personal opinion.

There was a little extra for Toy Story and I suggest you to watch it. It was fun. :)
Dark Star said:
The Prestige : 10/10

Awesomeness. What is with Nolans movie? It always leave you with a question and my head is spinning all around just like I had with Inception. Sheer perfection and pure awesomeness.
Others may argue and I haven't seen The Inception yet, but in my opinion, The Prestige is the best film made by nolan. It had the best story too.

@TOPIC

Dinner for Schmucks -> 8/10
Really enjoyed it. :)

Dark Star

ex-Mod
May 7, 2006
300 :D Bloddy, full of gore and quite entertaining :D 7.5/10.

Cutting some points since the ending wasn't that good. I wanted that persian gay king to be kicked all around :mad: