Red Faction: Guerrilla vs. Just Cause 2

hellfire

Adept
Mar 17, 2005
So which one do you like better? I found both of them beautiful ... but boring. Just Cause 2's grappling would put Batman to shame! But I liked the looks of Red Faction better...reminded me so much of Total Recall :).

-Anish-

Skilled
Aug 2, 2006
I prefer just cause 2 because of the stunts :D and the ultra free-roam capabilities!

Another thing i liked about JC2 is the view from top when in a choppah! Simply beautiful!

Aman27deep

Skilled
Apr 7, 2008
Calcutta
www.fluxgaming.in
well, its exactly as u said, beautiful but boring, the case is same with even Saint Rows 2, its pretty and boring too. the thing is this tends to happen with free-roam games a lot.

The only exclusion i can say is "Mafia" and "GTA" series, GTA is so awesomely-superb because of its voice-acting and beautiful and funny story/lines/scripts (Like in lost and damned a guy says "I've been riding this bike before your mom rode your dad", now THATS funny). And as for mafia, i loved it a lot, but there wasnt amazingly free roam capabilities though.... waiting for mafia 2 eagerly

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005
Both Red Faction: Guerrilla and Just Cause 2 are insanely fun to play despite being heavily repetitive. In fact the only Free roaming games I played and found relatively boring are GTA 3/4 and True Crime

mayanksahni

Adept
May 13, 2009
Delhi
www.mayanksahni.com
|Anish| said:
talking about freeroam, I also liked the not so famous game "The Wheelman" :p

I ended this 4 times. So relishing. :eek:hyeah:
Regarding red faction - I was amazed to see such a world and was stunned by its gameplay too.
Haven't tried just cause 2 since final exams are approaching. :p

hellfire

Adept
Mar 17, 2005
Lord Nemesis said:
Both Red Faction: Guerrilla and Just Cause 2 are insanely fun to play despite being heavily repetitive. In fact the only Free roaming games I played and found relatively boring are GTA 3/4 and True Crime

Wow...you're at the other end of the spectrum. I just get fed up blowing up stuff... it was cool for the first day...okay to kill time by the second day...and back on shelf by the end of the week. Its a huge world out there, but its pointless existence (too true to life, eh? :eek:hyeah:)

Now GTA on the other hand...play once to complete the storyline, play again to find the hidden stuff, unlockables, stunts, races etc., play again just to bash people or just walk around stand next to them and hear their chatter (especially GTA IV)...electronic satisfaction (!) for at least a month :p

As for True Crime..well I hated it too...for the weird camera and controls.

And played Scarface just for Pacino :)

spindoctor

Skilled
Feb 19, 2006
hellfire said:
Now GTA on the other hand...play once to complete the storyline, play again to find the hidden stuff, unlockables, stunts, races etc., play again just to bash people or just walk around stand next to them and hear their chatter (especially GTA IV)...electronic satisfaction (!) for at least a month :p

just cause 2 has more collectibles, races etc. than gta ever will.