Requirement for solid wireless network around my home

The signal amp works on both the transmit and receive signals : http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Wireless_FAQ#Will_an_amplifier_improve_the_speed_on_my_link.3F
But the FAQ raises an interesting point - all other competing signals also get amplified.
Right so it makes it harder to distinguish the client signal you want to receive. More power is ok in areas without competing nets. Subtle.

Trying to shout louder than others in a noisy environment ends up degrading the experience for everyone.

Ok guys !
I am ready to go ahead with groove!

Now please advice me -
1.Which Groove?Diff. Between 52hpn and A52hpn?
2.I am obliged to place that router in extreme end of living room

i.e . One corner of entire house!

Please help!

A52hpn has the access point license hence of use to u... well make it as central as possible... just think of the signal in a circle around the antenna

One end of the house will mean u will be losing almost half the signal strength going outwards of your house
Ok.
I spoke to that ISP and he is ready to extend cable.
1.I have a verandah in centre open to terrace!
2.If I keep that groove at 1st floor of that verandah,will it provide signal to all farthest corners of building!
3.Mine is a rectangular building.with lots of walls min. 23 cm thick walls.
4.I have a Asus N12-RT coupled with current connection.how would I use it with the groove?

Mod edit : Please avoid SMS lingo

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.
I spoke to that ISP and he is ready to extend cable.
1.I have a verandah in centre open to terrace!
2.If I keep that groove at 1st floor of that verandah,will it provide signal to all farthest corners of building!
3.Mine is a rectangular building.with lots of walls min. 23 cm thick walls.
4.I have a Asus N12-RT coupled with current connection.how would I use it with the groove?

Mod edit : Please avoid SMS lingo

Use the groove in AP mode. You will need to allocate an IP address only.

Got this mail from multilink-
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410276599.549440.jpg

Currently I have Asus N12- D1 and it's very poor range just spreads coverage to upper and lower living.

What do you think guys?
Shall I pull trigger?
Prices increased significantly!

Last edited:
If u righrly place the ap in the centre of ur house, certically and horizontally in a relatively open area , then the signal should best dissipate to both floors above and below. The other optuon could be using wired ap more and placing one on top floor and one on bottom in a diagonally aligned position. Use two aps, any and test with tgese posutioning ideas before u finally deploy

Official support !
forums.mikrotik.com->
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88972

Sorry guys I am extensively longing the thread but I need to be very sure before purchase as this cost is too steep and I am not sure if it will work!
Put up a floor plan indicating where you can place the router and indicate distances on it.

Do you actually have any router presently ? which one and ho far does it get. This can be used to get an idea of what existing coverage is like.

without a plan nobody knows what your house looks like.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414001599.735166.jpg

The plan is same for both floors.

The red dot you see is the position I am planning to install.
Currently my Asus is placed on top floor living room gallery near puja ghar.(Please refer the plan)

Now speaking about the range of my current setup,I receive signals of 1 unit in last most room of top floor and living of bottom floor.

Back