Samsung Galaxy S II launched on May 25th - Retail Availability in June

Re: Samsung Galaxy S II launching in India tomorrow - May 25th

Am contemplating on purchasing it..however the fact of the matter is that my budget is constrained to 27k( upper limit). So if it drops to 27k.... its a sure kill! Would have to exercise patience till july otherwise!

Till july, Tegra quad core processors will come :bleh:

avi said:

Like this we will keep on waiting and waiting.:)

Then after quad core will come then may b 8 core proccy will b announced.lol

avi said:

Off topic, but do you guys think quad-core processors will matter, at least for the near future? These newest phones (Android) are barely optimized for dual-core. In most all videos I've seen of the SGS II, the interface is still quite laggy in places, and that's certainly not because of a lack of processing power - just look how incredibly smooth WP7 is on its standard (now old) single-core Snapdragons!

I'm getting this phone, primarily, for its unmatched display (I read e-books and surf the internet a LOT). And I don't think there will be a major upgrade in display tech for at least a year.

^^ Nah, investing in a good mobile phone makes more sense to me than getting a tablet. Same (or better) performance, more features, and far more portable because of the smaller screen - which isn't too small. 4.3" is big enough for most tasks, including reading. Considering the fact that I've read dozens of books on my HTC Hero's 3.2" TFT, I'm in for a major upgrade in my reading experience! :eek:hyeah:

Also looking forward to the SAMOLED+'s perfect blacks. Never liked the grey-ish light coming off the LCD when I read with white-lettering-on-black-background on Aldiko.

sathyanaidu said:
great, so bublez, ryan n myself already set for bangalore buy!

i need one too, i ahve my bro pick up from there and then get it to dubai...where are u getting from?

elvesbane said:
Off topic, but do you guys think quad-core processors will matter, at least for the near future? These newest phones (Android) are barely optimized for dual-core. In most all videos I've seen of the SGS II, the interface is still quite laggy in places, and that's certainly not because of a lack of processing power - just look how incredibly smooth WP7 is on its standard (now old) single-core Snapdragons!

I'm getting this phone, primarily, for its unmatched display (I read e-books and surf the internet a LOT). And I don't think there will be a major upgrade in display tech for at least a year.
great point!! no current version of android is suited to utilize multiple cores. God knows when developers will think about making apps that will utilize all the cores...really skeptical about the ability to use quad cores :):)

if it is not utilized then why buy now :p

@elvesbane - fine ! I used to read on my 2.5' Nokia 3230 :p

^ Good find but I dont think Infibeam is something you can relay. why cant we ask for a bulk order from lets buy itself ? may be quoting TE name to it will be more helpfull to get best price IMHO

Hahaha... soon mobile phones are going to replace consoles ;)

I am amazed by the clarity on the LCD TV.. wow!!

Guys it's an awesome phone! I played all evening with hellgate's newly acquired unit. And today I can say openly that I have fallen in love with this beauty. People attending tomorrow's Mumbai-Pune meet are in for a treat.

Now even I want one piece. So anyone organizing a super deal in and around Delhi count me in for one piece. Meanwhile I'll try to find out the best deal.

Back