Shipping from US to India/UAE

You mean my NJ address by default would be : (of course with my PPO number in the respective fields)

<Name>
ICC Worldwide # <PPO ID>
627-F Summit Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07306
Tel: 201-8848147

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info about using proxy

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
We are currently providing only to Professional customers and you need to get minimum 20-25 shipment per month to qualify so please let us know.

Thanks

Sanjay

This is the reply I got. What do I do now?

- - - Updated - - -

I am considering HopShopGo now since they come out cheaper and seem to be equally good.

Not the same old queries which have been asked and answered time and again. I was wondering something else.

I was checking out HopShopGo and saw that they ship to UAE, a tax free country I have access to every 4 months. I just did a little math and saw that importing from US if done with larger quantities is actually cheaper if shipped to Abu Dhabi when compared to getting it here in the face of the recent increase in duty for mobile phones. Below is the estimate that I made through HSG.

Is there any particular point I am missing here?

If it is possible then if 4 people were to order iPhone 5 (s) and get it shipped for the estimated $60 then each one would have to pay a landing cost of just Rs.36000/-. That is substantially cheaper than local prices.

I know the query is a little rare, but have any known cases with problems surfaced when following a similar shipping plan?

- - - Updated - - -

OP updated with the same

Not the same old queries which have been asked and answered time and again. I was wondering something else.

I was checking out HopShopGo and saw that they ship to UAE, a tax free country I have access to every 4 months. I just did a little math and saw that importing from US if done with larger quantities is actually cheaper if shipped to Abu Dhabi when compared to getting it here in the face of the recent increase in duty for mobile phones. Below is the estimate that I made through HSG.

Is there any particular point I am missing here?

If it is possible then if 4 people were to order iPhone 5 (s) and get it shipped for the estimated $60 then each one would have to pay a landing cost of just Rs.36000/-. That is substantially cheaper than local prices.

I know the query is a little rare, but have any known cases with problems surfaced when following a similar shipping plan?

- - - Updated - - -

OP updated with the same

IIRC , a friend did mentioned that he had to pay 5% customs .
The package consisted of a MB and was shipped using SNS (from US) , this was around a year back , have the rules changed ?

^Now thats a bummer. Their rules change arbitrarily so one can never be too sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it is 5% for all goods. :(

Back