Tailor Made Suits in Delhi. Which are the good ones?

rite

Skilled
Apr 27, 2007
Hi

I would like to know which good tailors can make good quality men suits within a budget of Rs.20-30k. I don't need a tie/shirt included, just the trouser and suit jacket, including cloth, stitching etc.

Which are the best ones in Delhi for this budget?

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Apr 29, 2006
Err isn't that too low a budget for someone who wears 15-20k jeans and 5k T-shirts to college :p .

rite

Skilled
Apr 27, 2007
I don't wear 15-20k jeans.

I spend avg 5k on a pair of jeans, sometimes 3-4k, sometimes 7-8k. But avg 5k or so, not more that that.

On Tshirts I spend avg 2k and on shirts around 2-4k, avg 3kish or so.

The brands I buy if I shop in India are Tommy, Calvin, FCUK, Esprit etc.

If I buy from abroad I buy Diesel, Ed Hardy, TR, and may also buy 7FAM, Ralph Lauren etc. But I don't buy these brands from India. I either get them through a friend from USA or get them through shopyourworld etc. Many times I buy brands like Tommy or FCUK from USA too, because they are even cheaper.

The max I can afford for a suit at the moment is like 25-30k.

I have heard that Vaish at Rivoli (in CP) is good and deals in suits in the 20-50k budget. Any other suggestions?

whatsinaname

Skilled
Apr 18, 2007
rite said:
Hi

I would like to know which good tailors can make good quality men suits within a budget of Rs.20-30k. I don't need a tie/shirt included, just the trouser and suit jacket, including cloth, stitching etc.

Which are the best ones in Delhi for this budget?

Raymonds have a line where buying the raw material includes the stitching costs. The suit is machine made but exactly to the measurements that they take off you when you are ordering the suit. That could be a good option in the 20k - 30k range.

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
Dewan Sahib, South Extension. Else the Raymonds showroom in Green Park market has a damn good tailor. Choose the suiting/lining from there and get it stitched.

rite

Skilled
Apr 27, 2007
The ones I am currently considering are those from Tommy or Calvin. And sometime later ones from J Crew or Jos A perhaps.

Will regular Indian tailors will be able to cater to these international brands which retail their suits for 30-60k in India?

Will they be able to deliver better for half the price?

whatsinaname

Skilled
Apr 18, 2007
rite said:
The ones I am currently considering are those from Tommy or Calvin. And sometime later ones from J Crew or Jos A perhaps.

Will regular Indian tailors will be able to cater to these international brands which retail their suits for 30-60k in India?

Will they be able to deliver better for half the price?
Don't just go by the brand name. Calvin/Tommy/Jos A Bank make average to crappy suits in the $500 range.

The good CK ones (called Calvin Klein Collections) retail for $1500+.

The quality of the material you get for $500 in India will be much much better than the $500 TH/CK suits. The suit style/fit will of course depend on how good a tailor you can find. They usually have samples. So visit a few tailors and decide which looks good.

J Crew make very stylish looking suits, but again, not worth the $500. (Especially in India).

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
Rite, unless you have a lean and fit structure the brands you are singing, will be really difficult to accommodate -- physically. They will promise to customize it but:

1. Shoulder will be too tight, or too long.

2. Length will be awkward and look funny from afar.

3. Back tail will not rest fine.

4. Overall fit will be shrunk fit, or oblong over lay.

With a customized tailor shop, they will make the fabric adhere to your fitment, and the 'suit' will compliment you, instead of looking like a brand tag.

You can choose.

dhruvrock2000

ex-Mod
May 4, 2009
New Delhi
That market next to / behind Rivoli in CP. Very well known for tailor made suits. They should have samples so you can see for yourself. Spent about 28k myself on one from there, quite satisfied with the fit. Looks great :D

rite

Skilled
Apr 27, 2007
I called Vaish (Rivoli) and they said that their range starts at 12k for suits and 20k for tuxedos. I may go there around 25 May and hopefully a 25-30k tuxedo will fit it for me :p

rite

Skilled
Apr 27, 2007
The avg price of a suit there is 25k. And there mid range stuff starts around 20k. Entry level is 12k+. High end stuff is like 40k.

So 30k seems like a really good budget for mid level stuff :)

vb86

Adept
May 20, 2008
remember, there are t vaish(s) in cp in the rivoli area. you need to go to "vaish at rivoli".. not the other vaish (which is also at rivoli but not called "vaish at rivoli")..

.. if it made any sense!

rite

Skilled
Apr 27, 2007
What do you mean by t vaish?

Do you mean two Vaish's?

I am talking of the one in Regal Building.