Car & Bike team-bhp registration answers and account activation

Status
Not open for further replies.
trust me, the rules can get anal and one sided sometimes. and the rules and mod decisions are not open to discussion :p

hm .. that can be pretty blistering but then either u cloak all these words from the word go or let them be an eyesore.

ah well.. let the mods decide on that. .... as always :)

The Forum is very clear and the best out there which gives totally unbiased information about automobiles. The reviews are excellent and it has tons of long term ownership reviews and everything. And i think its good think to keep it clean by not allowing certain words because arguments tends to get heated quite a lot of time there.

But the point is when top knowledgeable people from automobile industry are arguing about HP's, Engine, Pistons in a forum generating hundreds of post, What a noobie like me can learn through these posts is VAST!!

there are biases, just that they cancel each other out. if you are of honda or a fiat owner there, you'd probably know what talking about :p

red_devil said:
That forum is an absolute B!@tch. Even made a blog post to somehow vent out my anger about the silly su(k up to them form of sign up process. Read it here ;)
Joke of a forum

lol... thank God i got rejected... coz i also wouldnt have been able to bear another torture after activation...

sounds like they want to keep people with uber sms skillz out eh? a bit snobbish, exclusive and just plain leet. TE could learn a thing or two from them. i just gave it a shot, lets see what is the response if any... i was too lazy to write a lengthy essay though i tried to keep the quality high even though quantity was low...

funny thing is, browsing some of the posts, its clear the existing members with posting privileges are not as high calibre as you'd expect after seeing the "entrance test" :D

this whole thing is a recent change. if they had an entry criterion like this all along, they'd never have achieved critical mass in the first place :p

they should actually think about ejecting members based on something like infractions collected resulting in permanent bans heh...

greenhorn said:
this whole thing is a recent change. if they had an entry criterion like this all along, they'd never have achieved critical mass in the first place :p

It should be a recent change. In my case (February 2009), it was quite simply filling the form and activation happened in a day or two.

they have permabanned members. And unlike here, they are usually so fed up that they dont come back anyway, unlike monalac and techboi here :bleh:

I can understand them having concerns over the SMS lingo. I mean hu wud wnt 2 rd dis neway
tongu23e.gif

but then some other things like a strict 2 smiley per post limit and restrictions on grammar as though they're running some GRE forum kinda shite
mad44.gif

i no no engleesh gramer but no full detials about cars and bikes -don kno what there porblem? :D :lol:

MohitPreet said:
yeah i did the same this time around

let me see wat happens now :p

any chance you and your sms-lingo brotherhood can follow that practice here on TE too? :eek:hyeah: (runs for cover)

greenhorn said:
they have permabanned members. And unlike here, they are usually so fed up that they dont come back anyway, unlike monalac and techboi here :bleh:

true.... even i wont be going back....

Dump the chase guys, its not all that worth while.
As getting in is problematic, staying in is similar experience too.
Its a paranoid, overmoderated forum with a general ambience of what Staff/mods like or want.
But we in India often run after what is hard to get, once there, there hardly much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back