Car & Bike team-bhp registration answers and account activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

teche

Adept
Sep 22, 2008
Haha.....! Really one has to suck up to the Admin there to gain entry & later keep *ucking to remain there!

Its a forum bogged down by idiosyncrasies of the Admin/Mods, not a happy place to be in. General atmosphere is darn sad & one has to subscribe to the whims & fancies of the Admin/mods.

greenhorn

Patron
Dec 29, 2005
I'm not sure why knoughtyd's application got turned down. Maybe I'll ask once I get an oppurtunity.

in the meantime, the only suggestion I can make is to make it a bit longer, maybe throw in a few more reasons.

To the rest, If you post like this, and wish to continue posting like this, you probably wont get in :p

knoughtyd

Skilled
Dec 16, 2005
greenhorn said:
I'm not sure why knoughtyd's application got turned down. Maybe I'll ask once I get an oppurtunity.

I did use their Contact Us form to ask on what basis is moderation done:S and asked whether my id is put on an automated reject bot:mad:

greenhorn said:
in the meantime, the only suggestion I can make is to make it a bit longer, maybe throw in a few more reasons.

cant make it longer since they have a 60 word Limit also in place,i guess was rejected during the previous attempts because I crossed the 60 word limit mark:p but this time its hasn't crossed that Limit:no:

jennifer123

Disciple
Mar 5, 2009
Team-bhp?

One of the worst site I have ever visited in my lifetime. I have been Banned by these guys, because I said the quality of Audio in DVD-A or Blue-Ray(24/192) is superior than the Audio in the Original music CDs(16/44.1)?

These people believe that TRUEHD or DTS-MA at 24/96 are inferior than their uncompressed PCM format in their original Music CDs(!). The Moderators don't know anything other than Safaris, JBLs, irides and MP3s.

Stay Away from them unless you are rich enough to test/upgrade every products they recommend!

sohail99

Adept
May 9, 2008
^ Whoa! seriously?:huh:

I saw a few threads about your carputer there!
did they mention the above as the reason of ban?:S

jennifer123

Disciple
Mar 5, 2009
The reason they mentioned was I am not respecting their brilliant Moderators(?)

Do you respect the Guys who advice you Sell/throw away a well-maintained TCIC Safari instead of a 2000 Rs Fuel pump tuning?

Do you respect the Guys who advice you to use snake oils and useless additives instead of a 160 Rs off-car injector cleaning?

Do you respect the Guys who advice you to drag and drop videos to rear monitors while driving the car instead of Nvidea's Fullscreen overlay?

Do you respect the Guys who advice you to buy SPDIF Digital Amplifiers to listen TrueHD instead of a HDAV Daughter board with current Analog Amplifiers?

Do you respect the Guys who advice you throw away the Catalytic Converter from the Car instead of a 500 Rs cleaning?

Do you respect the Guys who advice you to install a Car CD/MP3 Player for a SQL setup instead of a $5000 Car PC?

Do you respect the Guys who advice you to buy the company recording original Music CDs to Show-off a Car PC instead of DVD-Audio or Blu-Ray?

If yes, I am wrong.

dantool

Adept
Aug 1, 2009
^^one more addition to the list
Do you respect guys who would recommend you to buy a fiat car?:p

sohail99

Adept
May 9, 2008
Hmmm...

I really didn't understand using CD/mp3 player instead of a carputer system!:S

Regarding the music CD, did you mention to dload high quality music by any chance? ( they might've thought that you were hinting towards piracy/p2p)

As for me, I never take advice I don't want to!(silently)
mods may suggest/advice you different things(you might not like some of them)

but its upto you, which advice/suggestion to follow! :p

jennifer123

Disciple
Mar 5, 2009
No, I never asked any of their advice. I just started a thread there to show off my Car PC project from my blog: Building a $5000 Car PC in TATA Safari | TATA Safari Club.com

They volunteerly advised me against my ideas. I couldn't find a single person to encourage me like at TE. Everyone at team-bhp think what He is driving is the best car and what he listen is the Best music. As I have been Banned there, I answered all their brilliant questions/ideas in my blog. If you have time go thru my complete thread at team-bhp and you will know their knowledge about Audio.

greenhorn

Patron
Dec 29, 2005
are you banned there ? your profile there doesnt say so.

maybe it was a temp ban and it has expired since

sohail99

Adept
May 9, 2008
Your profile looks ok there! (no mention of ban anywhere)

btw just saw the setup on your homepage! Its totally amazing!!:hap2:

maybe the TBHP mods didn't approve/advice against it because the main screen comes in the way of the front FOV. It might hinder full view of the road! especially towards the left side.

EDIT - Oops! just saw that you had gotten into a heated convo with a member there!
but imo the discussion was still technical and not plain flame-baiting!!
It shouldn't have been locked!
:S

but, nevertheless I'd say the project was awesomely executed! and blue-ray too!! whoa :O

jennifer123

Disciple
Mar 5, 2009
maybe it was a temp ban and it has expired since

Yes, it was a temporary Ban and now I can login there. but I am no more interested to participate in that site.

It might hinder full view of the road! especially towards the left side.

It may not be true for a safari as I am driving upto 150kmph with it for 6 months without any problem.

It shouldn't have been locked!

Its because they are not ready to accept the Real.

teche

Adept
Sep 22, 2008
jennifer123 said:
The reason they mentioned was I am not respecting their brilliant Moderators(?)

What the hell!:mad: A lagal notice would set their senses right!

I have seen numerous instances in T-bhp where mods. have taken a wrong stand & banned innocent members who refused to toe their line.

To all who are applying there, I'd suggest dump the site!

sohail99

Adept
May 9, 2008
Whoa! 150!!!:eek:

It looked like the screen might get in the way, its great that it doesn't! :)
I must admit, that conversation was way more technical for me too! :eek: lol

Dont let one bad experience make u not wanna participate!
give it a 2nd chance! and we definitely need ultra technical experts like you there!! :D

jennifer123

Disciple
Mar 5, 2009
It looked like the screen might get in the way, its great that it doesn't

It looks like in the picture, but I have lowered the screen using Low profile VGA Cable & Right angle USB adapter and now its touching the center console. But I dont recommend a big 10.4 screen even for a Safari.

greenhorn

Patron
Dec 29, 2005
jennifer123, I think i remember the debate you got banned over. It could have easily been avoided if you had chosen your words carefully. You were right, but your attitude wasn't.

Sometimes a little wit/tact/sarcasm is all you need to make your point in a flamewar and not get banned. Or at least to get the other person to attack first. I think you fell for that trick.

jennifer123

Disciple
Mar 5, 2009
Yes, I am wrong. But I dont know what you will do if someone advice you to DRAG and DROP the videos every time to rear passengers instead of driving the car. Leave that story Guys...

I am here to convey you all, not to feel so sad if your registrations are rejected. If anybody want a login ID there, I have a useless one - PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.