Car & Bike team-bhp registration answers and account activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantool

Adept
Aug 1, 2009
jennifer123 said:
They volunteerly advised me against my ideas. I couldn't find a single person to encourage me like at TE. Everyone at team-bhp think what He is driving is the best car and what he listen is the Best music.
you're absolutely right.each query there will leave you more confused.
instead of innovation they will encourage those guys who'll spend
lakhs based on their recommendation and their thread will be
glorified by all,be it mods,their suckups and sundries.

teche

Adept
Sep 22, 2008
True, Skoda was their favourite untill Mods. got bashed, now Toyota is their bum chum!
Whichever manufacturer treats them well earns respect, others ire!

Yogesh Sarkar

Disciple
Jun 2, 2008
www.yogeshsarkar.com
teche said:
What the hell!:mad: A lagal notice would set their senses right!

I have seen numerous instances in T-bhp where mods. have taken a wrong stand & banned innocent members who refused to toe their line.

To all who are applying there, I'd suggest dump the site!
At the end of the day it is their site and they can choose who they want and who they do not want, there is nothing legally you can do!

teche said:
Whichever manufacturer treats them well earns respect, others ire!
Wait a minute, you respect manufactures which treat you badly? Come on, it is natural order of things, who ever gives respect, gets it back in return.

Now I am not trying to defend them or anything, however at the end of the day, each community decides how it wants to run/moderate itself. If you do not agree with their policies, then simply visit another one. There is no use bashing them at another forum.

teche

Adept
Sep 22, 2008
@Yogesh, legal notice thing was a suggestion to the ones who get banned unnecessarily or are treated badly. Afterall everybody is accountable these days. Forums are also under legal ambit, their are cyber laws in place.

You got the treating well point wrong, it meant that even if a product & services are good, but forum admins/mods ego is not nutured, product gets lambasted.

A forum/community owes it to its members & can't take anybody for a ride. Their are laws which protect a members right, just in case.

Yogesh Sarkar

Disciple
Jun 2, 2008
www.yogeshsarkar.com
teche said:
@Yogesh, legal notice thing was a suggestion to the ones who get banned unnecessarily or are treated badly. Afterall everybody is accountable these days. Forums are also under legal ambit, their are cyber laws in place.
So you are saying that forums/websites/businesses by law are required to give access to each and everyone and can be forced to deal with those, who they do not wish to deal with? Try getting a legal opinion on this and you will know on which side the laws stand!

At the end of the day, forum membership like a club membership is a privilege, which is extended to people as per the rules/policies established by the forum/club and can be denied/taken back. Like you can not file a case against Delhi Gymkhana for not accepting you as a member, you can not file a case against a forum for denying you membership.

teche

Adept
Sep 22, 2008
Yogesh Sarkar said:
So you are saying that forums/websites/businesses by law are required to give access to each and everyone and can be forced to deal with those, who they do not wish to deal with? Try getting a legal opinion on this and you will know on which side the laws stand!

At the end of the day, forum membership like a club membership is a privilege, which is extended to people as per the rules/policies established by the forum/club and can be denied/taken back. Like you can not file a case against Delhi Gymkhana for not accepting you as a member, you can not file a case against a forum for denying you membership.
You are not getting the point, forums are free to offer membership to who so ever they deem fit! Im ruing the fact that once a member, your rights can't be abused. No un-toward banning, warning, etc.
Remember one doesn't always have to lick a mods *ss to remain a member. You are free to express your views & till you are within rules, no mod can ban you & if he does, you can seek the intervention of a Court. That is if one feels like.

Eg. in your language, if you are a member of Gymkhana, it cannot withdraw your membership on its own will. They have to give/cite a valid reason & if you feel cheated/duped, you are free to seek a Courts intervention. Courts are there to help consumers get Justice & who so ever feels wronged can knock at the doors. Think about it, its your fundamental right!

Yogesh Sarkar

Disciple
Jun 2, 2008
www.yogeshsarkar.com
Each community like each individual has different tolerance level and ethics; something which might be alright for you and me, might not be for someone else and they are well within their rights to do as their ethics/rules dictate.

I am sure if you break Gymkhana's rules, you will be expelled and for that you can try and take them to court and try and waste your time and money and theirs' as well, however at the end of the day, a case like that wouldn't hold even in the initial hearings!
Having being involved with managing and running online forums for well over 5 years, I can say with utmost confidence that no forum moderator/administrator in their right mind would ban a member for no reason, unless they are out to destroy their own forum!

In which case my full sympathies with the whole community, though having been member there (not active these days) and having chatted with GTO on a few occasions, I do not believe that to be the case.

teche

Adept
Sep 22, 2008
Yogesh Sarkar said:
Each community like each individual has different tolerance level and ethics; something which might be alright for you and me, might not be for someone else and they are well within their rights to do as their ethics/rules dictate.

I am sure if you break Gymkhana's rules, you will be expelled and for that you can try and take them to court and try and waste your time and money and theirs' as well, however at the end of the day, a case like that wouldn't hold even in the initial hearings!
Having being involved with managing and running online forums for well over 5 years, I can say with utmost confidence that no forum moderator/administrator in their right mind would ban a member for no reason, unless they are out to destroy their own forum!

In which case my full sympathies with the whole community, though having been member there (not active these days) and having chatted with GTO on a few occasions, I do not believe that to be the case.
Every individual/member has his own tolerances/ethics & if one feels abused/trespassed/violated, one is free to seek justice.
Its not about what me or you feel, things are run with a code, break that & become liable for charges.
Please don't take things out of context, I said Gymkhana would have to lay a valid reason for expulsion & might have to prove that right if one feels wronged, in the Court of Law.
Seeking Justice is not a waste of time/energy for many. Its up keeping ones pride & protecting ones right!
Let me tell you then, no member would take a forum to Court unless he feels cheated/wronged. Running a forum is not all butter & cheese, you are providing services to your consumers & can be held liable for deligent/negligent, etc. deeds.

Your or mine beliefs/whims & fancies cannot be taken as thumb rule. One man may be good to you but bad to someone else!

A good forum should be run on unbiased/equal/non-partisan/just/non-partial, etc. terms. One can't force ones thoughts on someone else!

TE is a one big Eg. of running an exemplary forum, its one of the best regulated/moderated forums that one could come across.

jennifer123

Disciple
Mar 5, 2009
The problem with Team-bhp is, the Moderators and Senior Members of that site are actually representatives/distributors of JBL, OWS, MOBIL 1, IRIDE, ILLUSION etc.

If we asked them a product recommendation, its our mistake, not their wrong. If you complaint them the poor quality of JBL or OWS products they may kick you - as they are paid for that!

The knowledge of the team-bhp Moderators are almost useless as they are all very old and not ready to understand or learn what is algorithm, what is overlay, what is transient, what is latency, what is aliasing and what is distortion. The world they are living is filled with full of stickers, Oils, additives, speakers, Sound pressure and tacho - because that's a car forum and not technology forum. I couldn't find a single youth at team-bhp who can find the difference between DVD-Audio and CD-Audio. Some people cant even differentiate MP3 and FLAC. If you try to explain them about 24/192 or Blu-Ray, they treat you like a Mad.

But they will guide you to sell your car, to upgrade your current amplifiers and speakers, to throw away your catalytic converter, to add 2T / snake oils in engine and useless additives with fuel.

This old generation people never accept the technologies like manual decarbonization, off-car injector cleaning, ultrasonic cleaning, Video overlay, MLP compression, Acoustic correction, Phase correction, Time alignment, Active cross over, Dual Display etc. But they voluntarily advice you to upgrade your speakers, buy another CD Player, to drag and drop the video each time to rear monitors, to add additives to the engine, to replace your sound card for 24/192, to upgrade your amplifiers for TrueHD.

If you ask them "WHY", they will Ban you - otherwise you may spoil their business or who will then buy OWS 210, JBL GT5, AVX 44, IRIDE CarPC and Alpine 701? They may shout against Sony and Skoda, but they will still recommend you a TATA and JBL.

As per my personal opinion, they have no rights to expect any respect. Do you respect a Guy who advice you sell your car instead of a small mechanical work worth 2000 Rs.? Do you respect a Guy who advice to buy a 35,000 Amplifier instead of a freeware software player?

It will be a wonderful site, if team-bhp BANS all the distributors and Representatives instead of members. Till then we continue Blogging!

dantool

Adept
Aug 1, 2009
additionally the selection process is all arbitrary.you'll find people

posting there with grammar weaker than a 5th grader and

yet they reject applications based on that.

i bet if we all post why team BHP? answer here,we'll find

a large %age being rejected without any reasons like they did

with knoughtyd.

i don't think they read each and every application.

greenhorn

Patron
Dec 29, 2005
jennifer123 said:
The problem with Team-bhp is, the Moderators and Senior Members of that site are actually representatives/distributors of JBL, OWS, MOBIL 1, IRIDE, ILLUSION etc.

Some of the senior members, even the distinguished ones, yes, but the mods? I dont think so.

I couldn't find a single youth at team-bhp who can find the difference between DVD-Audio and CD-Audio. Some people cant even differentiate MP3 and FLAC. If you try to explain them about 24/192 or Blu-Ray, they treat you like a Mad.

Um, I'm there, and so a lot of others like me. While there are a lot of folks with misguided and/or commercial interests on the forum, and yes, we are frustrated by them, some of us even more than you are, please dont tar everyone with the same brush

sohail99

Adept
May 9, 2008
lol! I'm there too! :D

And I perfectly understand the difference b/w CD nd DVD audio

And FLAC is way-way-way more clearer than a 128/192kbps mp3

(but you need proper audio gear to differentiate between the quality! like PL-30 or Some high end cans! :p )

sohail99

Adept
May 9, 2008
Why!??

I just read it and its perfect IMO!!

All points are well covered :clap:

he he! cant express much with T-BHP's 2-smiley only policy!:p

Nikhil

Skilled
Mar 29, 2005
www.techenclave.com
Oh hey Vishal,

You were the same guy on that forum ehh?

Your thread got deleted? why? PM them for a reason. Fight. What do they mean by quality issues? Is that because your opinion didnt match with theirs?

PS: I'm Nikhilb2008 on TBHP.

nfsnfs

Adept
Aug 13, 2007
Nikhil said:
Oh hey Vishal,

You were the same guy on that forum ehh?

Your thread got deleted? why? PM them for a reason. Fight. What do they mean by quality issues? Is that because your opinion didnt match with theirs?

PS: I'm Nikhilb2008 on TBHP.

Fight ? , mods have the final say there, no matter what .:mad: .

one more thread got deleted it seems ..poor guy .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...y-playstation-ps3-demo-piece-new-console.html

SONY World Chennai exchanges Sony PlayStation PS3 demo piece for new console.

My heartfelt Thanks to all the members on the forum who advised us on what to do when we found game data stored on our 'new' Sony PlayStation PS3. On showing the stuff stored on the PS3 the sales person immediately accepted that it was probably a 'demo piece' and had it exchanged for a new one which we checked thoroughly before taking it home. A fresh Invoice and a new warranty card were also given. They did not ask for the HDMI cable which they had given as a freebie during the original purchase.

Let me repeat that without the support of the members on the forum, we might have settled for the 'demo piece'

The thread where I had posted all the details with pictures and the various supportive responses from the members has unfortunately been deleted. Hence I am posting it afresh to express my Thanks. Hope it is seen by all those who supported us.

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Nov 10, 2007
Pune, India
heh, i think i hurt some of the new/used altis owners' feelings and maybe my comments like "palio rolls like a boat" and "altis can be driven by a granny" and "engine sounds like a maruti 800" etc sealed it's fate :D mod's msg was something like: "sorry thread deleted because its not up to quality - please see other tbhp reviews for reference".

i dont care too much and im not too bothered about it, i might post a similar thread when/if i get to TD the civic hopefully this weekend - but they'll just have to delete that too then - if not infract/ban!

@nikhil: btw the altis had bridgestone tyres and i believe civic has michelin? which stock tyre do you feel is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.