TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

^Belethor General Goods in Whiterun buys dragon bones and dragon scales. Alothough you should save a few pieces if you want to make dragon armour later in the game.

nanoneo said:
^Belethor General Goods in Whiterun buys dragon bones and dragon scales. Alothough you should save a few pieces if you want to make dragon armour later in the game.

Thanks mucho for the info! Will keep that in mind. :)

Btw is the Skyforge the best smithy in Skyrim? Everyone else in Companionship keeps sh1tting about it all the time. But the greatsword they gave me was no better than the one I was using at that time. :p

Have you tried smithing to improve your weapon at the skyforge?

Gave Lydia (my love!) skyforge greatsword (fine)! That's one burden she was glad to carry!

I think I did one. Errr don't remember exactly. Was lurking around some other forges as well. :ashamed:

Btw I think the skyforge greatsword was what was given to me which was supposedly better than the weapon I was carrying. It wasn't any better but had equal specs.

Btw I lost Lydia when one of the companions became my partner during a mandatory trip to get back some fragment. I suppose she's still at Whiterun. I was scared to offload my goodies to her thinking that I may not get them back. This happened with LOTR: War in the North when we give the other 2 characters the stuff, it is as good as gone. :|

Lydia tags along where ever i go! Always lugging my dragon scales/bones, etc...

Gotten so used to her that re-played an entire quest cause i accidentally killed her using a shout! Other merc for hire at drunken huntsman just doesn't "cut it"! She just wasn't Lydia! :)

there is an excellent post over at rock paper shotgun about Lydia! Worth the read!

nanoneo said:
Belethor has only 750 gold, and you need to level up Speech up to about 50 if you want to invest in any stores. :( Is there a richer merchant around?

kvikram said:
Belethor has only 750 gold, and you need to level up Speech up to about 50 if you want to invest in any stores. :( Is there a richer merchant around?

If you fast travel between Whiterun & another place & back.... Belethor has his kitty refilled!

Gannu said:
I think I did one. Errr don't remember exactly. Was lurking around some other forges as well. :ashamed:

Btw I think the skyforge greatsword was what was given to me which was supposedly better than the weapon I was carrying. It wasn't any better but had equal specs.

Btw I lost Lydia when one of the companions became my partner during a mandatory trip to get back some fragment. I suppose she's still at Whiterun. I was scared to offload my goodies to her thinking that I may not get them back. This happened with LOTR: War in the North when we give the other 2 characters the stuff, it is as good as gone. :|

You can recruit her again. She will be at Dragon's reach or Breezehome if you own a house in Whiterun.

My play style is usually to have a restoration spell in one hand and a one handed weapon in the other, and keep healing. The "Close Wounds" spell heals a lot of HP instantly. With the restoration perk to also restore stamina, this works really well. :) I also switch to dual casting the firebolt spell when I'm up against enemies who are dangerous at melee range, like bears and dragons.

P.S. Is everybody here playing the ahem version? :p

Got my copy finally! Spent 8 hours this weekend and this game is fcking amazing! Yup, the leveling is much easier compared to Morrowind 3 or Oblivion.

Anyone playing this, dont forget to get the HD textures mod/ the fauna mod as well as the distance mod as those really make a difference to the graphics! :)

kvikram said:
P.S. Is everybody here playing the ahem version? :p

Yes, but I speak for myself, and my Flipkart copy is on the way :D Cost me a bomb, never though I would spend so much on a game. But if one game deserved my moolah, it would be Skyrim.

1) Dont sell the dragon stuff ... store them at house or at some cleared fort. U will need them later after 100 smithing.
2) 100 Smithing done. Now for 100 alchemy and enchanting.
3) Light Armor and sword/healing combo for me too. Love just out healing the dmg. More a hit and run style now.
4) Level 40 and just raping mammoths and giants. They are just too easy to kill with the hit and run style.
5) Rocking a 112 dmg ebony sword and 612 armor.
6) Leveling is so tough once u have mastered the skills u use the most.
7) Use the skill tutors early game. But not for anything usual. Learn sneak and pickpocket from them. Rest u can level up pretty fast. If u are into two handed, learn one handed from them .. etc. Which ever u are not gonna use, get skill tutors to teach them.

For Gannu:
Thought werewolf was badass. Steal the unusual gem near the champions leader and find more .... ;) (p.s. fangs)

Bluffmaster said:
You can recruit her again. She will be at Dragon's reach or Breezehome if you own a house in Whiterun.

Went to Dragon's Reach but couldn't find her there. Owning a home in Whiterun's crazy expensive - almost 5000 coin. :(

As for a home, I have found some temporary shelter and means of storage for now. Got rid of some vampire/mage who had his cottage with a nice little cabbage farm right beneath a mountain. Nice scenic view as well. The best part is I can quickly travel from that location to any known location so I can transport goods in a jiffy. :D

Forgot to ask this yesterday but did anyone battle an automaton and a frost mage inside a cave? That was a major PITA and had to redo it more than a couple of times to get it right. Quickly went inside a tent and got rid of the mage. For the automaton, I kept going in circles and used the greatsword. The reward was a measly automaton core worth some 200 coin!

Battled another dragon yesterday and completed some side quests. I am trying to level up as fast as I can before I head for the main missions. Presently stand at 15+. The two-handed skill and heavy armor skill is improving pretty quickly. Each time some badass gives a good blow to my character, the heavy armor levels up. :lol:

krugur said:
For Gannu:

Thought werewolf was badass. Steal the unusual gem near the champions leader and find more .... ;) (p.s. fangs)

Hey thanks.

By the leader you mean that old guy? How do you lure him out of his room? :ashamed:

Folks who are playing the game using the X360 controller - how do you parry? Couldn't figure this move yet.

Folks who are playing the game using the X360 controller - how do you parry? Couldn't figure this move yet.

You can parry with a shield using the left trigger.

@Gannu : Have you installed any mods as yet? Because some of the mods available for skyrim are just brilliant.

^I play on the the X360 controller and left trigger parry's for me.

Also, since you asked on the last page, the Skyforge is the same as any other forge for the player. However if your smithing is good, the Skyforge steel weapons are the strongest in the early game. At level 30, I still have one of those Skyforge steel swords lying arouind. It does marginally less damage that my ebony sword and better damage than my legendary orcish/eleven/dwarwen swords.

Also, you get to make some special weapons and amour there once you complete the companion questline. If you do this early in the game you get some kickass Nord Hero items. Well actually they are similar to Skyforge Steel in terms of damage but they look a lot cooler.

Also, it's much easier to take the unusual gem from the Companion hall if you finish that questline.

^^ It should be the same button that activates your offhand skill. Here :

LT/RT - Left and Right hands, respectively

LB - Sprint

RB - Shout/Racial Powers

L-Stick - Sneak

R-Stick - 1st/3rd person switch

A - Use (hold for pick up)

X - Draw/sheathe

B - Open 4-way inventory menu

Y - Jump

Easiest way to remove bounty off the head ?

Also how do i fight those tall daemons, they come in 2-3

Bluffmaster said:
You can parry with a shield using the left trigger.

@Gannu : Have you installed any mods as yet? Because some of the mods available for skyrim are just brilliant.

Ah so no wonder! If only a shield is present, the character can parry. Otherwise it won't?! Thanks jecelecter, I am familiar with the remaining controls minus the parrying. Got so used to it in The Witcher 2.

Haven't tried the mods. Will do that when I find some time. All I think of since yesterday is to hurry home and fire up the game ASAP! Had to watch Dexter's finale and wasted sometime until 9 yesterday. :p
nanoneo said:
Also, you get to make some special weapons and amour there once you complete the companion questline. If you do this early in the game you get some kickass Nord Hero items.

Thanks man! Then I better be completing their quests soon. Completed 2 of them IIRC. Aela gave me one which I need to complete now.

dinjo said:
Easiest way to remove bounty off the head ?

Also how do i fight those tall daemons, they come in 2-3

Pay the bounty to the guard? Stole a horse from Whiterun yesterday and was caught the moment I stepped back. Paid 50 coin and waived the bounty off.

Tall daemons as in giants? Shoot arrows from a rock or level up and fight them one by one or transform into a werewolf and fight them.

@Gannu - Haven't you played TES IV ?

BTW Aela is no good even I lost her and never found her, get the huntress from Champion, she is very good ;)

Btw I happen to complete the game:
killed aldium :p

The last stage was beautiful. Uninstalled the game, I waste too much time on it :p

Once you have dragonrend, killing a dragon becomes child's play

Back