The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx czar ... i will talk to my cuz abt it . but i highly doubt that any old version iPhone they have.

so u meant to say even if you downgrade it to 1.1.1 and then apply 1.1.1 unlock method. still it wont unlock the phone?

^^It will, but you have to go right down to 1.0.2 and unlock, then re-upgrade all the way back to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 as you choose. However, the solution's still buggy and lots of people are reporting springboard issues, the unability to dial numbers and whatnot. However, I'm sure it'll all be rectified soon.

in short i should just order the iPhone :bleh: . New Method will definitely come.
czar i read abt the bootloader 4.6 and they haven't found any way to downgrade it yet.

u can have a fully functional 1.1.2 OTB...........but u will need turbosim.....;).............i.e. cut sim cards et all......here is a very good PDF that shows how turbosim works :p...

http://forum.frenchiphone.com/index....5.0;attach=136 u wud need to register to view and know a bit of french too ;)...........else check out youtube.....YouTube - apple iPhone Firmware 1.1.2 (unlock) jailbreak turbosim

anysim guys have given up on 1.1.2. ........so this is your only bet........its seems turbosim is very hard to find.......ask ur cousin to get it from the US itself.........ebay is the name of the game for turbosim :p

From bladox.............172$............almost soldout everywhere.........

Bladox Turbosim! Unlock iPhone with Turbo Sim - (eBay item 300176749500 end time Dec-07-07 07:57:28 PST)

Please Note: Therez no software unlock for 1.1.2 OTB........u wud be wasting time if ur looking for that.....u can jailbreak it (use it like an apple touch) but cant make calls from it! For that u need turbosim

Ragin_Ice said:
u can have a fully functional 1.1.2 OTB...........but u will need turbosim.....;).............i.e. cut sim cards et all......here is a very good PDF that shows how turbosim works :p...
http://forum.frenchiphone.com/index....5.0;attach=136 u wud need to register to view and know a bit of french too ;)...........else check out youtube.....YouTube - apple iPhone Firmware 1.1.2 (unlock) jailbreak turbosim

anysim guys have given up on 1.1.2. ........so this is your only bet........its seems turbosim is very hard to find.......ask ur cousin to get it from the US itself.........ebay is the name of the game for turbosim :p

From bladox.............172$............almost soldout everywhere.........

Bladox Turbosim! Unlock iPhone with Turbo Sim - (eBay item 300176749500 end time Dec-07-07 07:57:28 PST)
Please Note: Therez no software unlock for 1.1.2 OTB........u wud be wasting time if ur looking for that.....u can jailbreak it (use it like an apple touch) but cant make calls from it! For that u need turbosim

ragin is right
turbosim is the only option available as of now..
that sucks cos i just got my iphone and its week 48..!!
lets see if sumthng comes up in the next coupla weeks before i get the phone..

this totally SUCKS..!!

Have faith! According to this guy (who was also the first to break into the iphone's file system), he's already found a couple of exploits in the new 4.6 bootloader. So you can safely presume that an unlock hack is definitely due - whether in a couple of days or a couple of weeks. Win and Mac has reported on it as well here.

I must add though, courtesy of iphonejtag:

Also update on the exploits. A16 is a buried via, but it is right at the edge of the chip. Just scrape the epoxy away and hook a wire under there. I'd do it but a lot of my hardware stuff is at RIT. And I didn't say the software exploit would be easy, but this paper alludes to 2/3 of the message being spoofable. 2/3 is 3 bytes away from how much we need, and 3 bytes can be brute forced easily enough. Of course 1/3 is trivial to exploit with a cube root, I understand that math well enough.

While I haven't the faintest idea what that means, I'm sure it means something nice :)

tracerbullet said:
Have faith! According to this guy (who was also the first to break into the iphone's file system), he's already found a couple of exploits in the new 4.6 bootloader. So you can safely presume that an unlock hack is definitely due - whether in a couple of days or a couple of weeks. Win and Mac has reported on it as well here.

I must add though, courtesy of iphonejtag:

While I haven't the faintest idea what that means, I'm sure it means something nice :)
Thanx for the info .

dude i got my phone 2 days back and i went to a shop in south ex. delhi and they told me that my iPhone cannot be unlocked as it has the newer version 04.02.13_G
can anyone help me how to unlock my iPhone myself or can u tell me from where can i get it done in delhi...???

ok guys..

time to do a reality check here..

i have an option of getting a 3 month old 1.1.1(FW was originally 1.0.2 i think) 4GB iPhone VS a 1.1.2 OTB (week 48) 8GB iPhone..both from the US

what do u think i should do..?

is waiting for a hack for the 1.1.2 worth the risk..!!??

guptaji said:
ok guys..
time to do a reality check here..
i have an option of getting a 3 month old 1.1.1(FW was originally 1.0.2 i think) 4GB iPhone VS a 1.1.2 OTB (week 48) 8GB iPhone..both from the US
what do u think i should do..?
is waiting for a hack for the 1.1.2 worth the risk..!!??

get it man dont think so much. 1.1.3 is also out now

AjLampard said:
dude i got my phone 2 days back and i went to a shop in south ex. delhi and they told me that my iPhone cannot be unlocked as it has the newer version 04.02.13_G
can anyone help me how to unlock my iPhone myself or can u tell me from where can i get it done in delhi...???
Chill, you'll have to wait a bit until a working 1.1.2 unlock is finalised. I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later. But it may take a couple of weeks at the most.

@Jesal: Get what man? Your answer to his question doesn't seem clear at all! And by the way, an unlock solution isn't out for 1.1.2 yet. 1.1.3 might provide a way though.

1.1.3 is not out yet..

its speculated to be out soon..

also, everyone is hoping 1.1.3 will allow for a baseband downgrade and hence a true unlock..but when apple was able to pull a trick like the 1.1.2 out of their hats, i have a feeling they might o something similar with the 1.1.3 as well..

so lets see..

also, any reported problems wth alternate solutions like the TurboSim, StealthSim..for eg phone hanging, or app crashing and stuff like that?

Quick question - How are you guys sourcing your iPhones from the US, when the phones are tied to an AT&T contract i.e. you need to purchase the plan too?

^Merely walk into an Apple Store and pick one up! You don't have to buy any AT&T plan on the spot, so that isn't an issue.

However, buying one from an Apple Store at this point in time would mean picking up a 1.1.2 version iPhone. Something not quite recommended at the moment.

What about buying from the Apple online store? That seems to specify the need for an AT&T plan :S

A cousin is interested in picking this up and is adventurous enough to face the odds with the 1.1.2 FW/4.6 Bootloader :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back