The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cisco_tech said:
Dec. 17/07 - Reports are coming in that iNdependence works with OTB 1.1.2 phones.

Yeah !!

independence - Google Code

iNdependence does work with OTB 1.1.2 phones but only for activating and jailbreaking. It can't unlock 1.1.2. It seems now that 1.1.3 firmware (whenever it does get released) will be the only way hack the 1.1.2 bootloader, thereby unlocking it.

tracerbullet said:
iNdependence does work with OTB 1.1.2 phones but only for activating and jailbreaking. It can't unlock 1.1.2. It seems now that 1.1.3 firmware (whenever it does get released) will be the only way hack the 1.1.2 bootloader, thereby unlocking it.

i thought they are coming with unlock . anyway .. hope for 1.1.3 by Christmas.

getting mine on 17th Jan . delayed :D

what abt turbosim ? is it available in india ?

*mods please delete this post*<<< why was this posted ?
whats the problem apple india wil take action :p

turbosim me intrested but the price makes me shy away

It seems now that 1.1.3 firmware (whenever it does get released) will be the only way hack the 1.1.2 bootloader, thereby unlocking it.
dident get u
1.1.3 wont help in finding a hole in baseband firmware then hows 1.1.3 gona help.. thats what i think
probably u can emulate something which i did not figure out, u r gyan would be help full

^^Have a look at this blog as well. This is the blog of the guy who was the first to find an exploit on the iphone. His post on December 14th mentions this:
Well I'm back to my original statement that we have to wait for a baseband update to finally unlock the new bootloader. The two exploits I posted have implementation problems. Once we get the new version, iEraser and iUnlocker will work as before. Still only hardware though. I spent the last week and a half of cold Swedish nights looking for more practical exploits, and found none. Perhaps someone cleverer than I will find one?

*mods please delete this post*<<< why was this posted ? whats the problem apple india wil take action
Made some mistake, ended up with a duplicate post :p So I went back and deleted the text and inserted a 'delete this post' message.

superczar said:
yes, you can activate the phone after that but you can't do a network unlock (ATP)
Yes, ask here to check the 4th and 5th digits on the Serial # (on e side of the box) e.g. 7Y739
the 39 signifies week 39

anything below 42 is 100% old version, anything above 46 is 100% anew frmware

google for iphone + week + version for details

My cousin wants to buy an iphone! Apparently, one of his friends is in the US right now! The concern that he is having is that as he is damn sure of getting a v1.1.2 iphone and as we know its not been unlocked yet! What he and I would like to know is whether there are chances of unlock being possible on v1.1.2 and if yes,how soon it can happen! He is ready to wait for a month or so but is worried that 1.1.2 will never be unlocked ! What do you guys suggest ? Should I advice him to go ahead and make the purchase ?

Pat said:
He is ready to wait for a month or so but is worried that 1.1.2 will never be unlocked ! What do you guys suggest ? Should I advice him to go ahead and make the purchase ?
Nono, it isn't possible that 1.1.2 can never be unlocked. Whatever is engineered, can be reverse-engineered. As long as 1.1.3 brings along a firmware upgrade (not just software update) OTB 1.1.2 phones can and will be unlocked. If 1.1.3 doesn't bring along a firmware update then he'll have to wait for even longer. But it definitely will happen. And if he's willing to wait then what the heck, tell him to buy it.
If nothing else, he could always have it sold again after a couple of months. There are plenty of AT&T users in the US who wouldn't mind picking up an new iphone for a few bucks less.

those who got 1.1.2 can use iphone stealth sim to make it usable, though it'll cost you around 4k ... a friend who was desperate to get his iphone working tried it and it works perfectly

iphoneStealth.ca

Refurbished 4GB iPhones may be available at the Apple Store, but they'll have the new version of the bootloader and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back