The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because who would upgrade to iPhone ass ? :bleh:

and I think old version may be still available in Torrents or any crack app site ;)

EDIT - It was a freeware, there goes our hope to find it in crack sites :|

Hey guys,
Need some help regarding iPhone 4.
I bought a factory locked iPhone 4 a couple days with bill, warranty and everything and now I would like to sell it.
What price should i expect for the phone ?
Also the phone has scratch guard and a cover.

Mr.XYZ said:
Hey guys,

Need some help regarding iPhone 4.

I bought a factory locked iPhone 4 a couple days with bill, warranty and everything and now I would like to sell it.

What price should i expect for the phone ?

Also the phone has scratch guard and a cover.
IMHO 30 k should be what you should look for.

how do i restore my phone ..jailbreaked using jailbreakme on ios 4.3.3 but whn i try n restore it on itunes it will change the ios version to 4.3.5 :( how do i restore the phone n keep ios 4.3.3 ?

girish925 said:
how do i restore my phone ..jailbreaked using jailbreakme on ios 4.3.3 but whn i try n restore it on itunes it will change the ios version to 4.3.5 :( how do i restore the phone n keep ios 4.3.3 ?

Have you enabled 'Save my SHSH' in Cydia ?

Else get tinyumbrella, save your SHSH.

And follow the tutorial on iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials to restore to 4.3.3.

I am using iphone 3G from long time, last week i tried to flash 4.2.1 using redsn0w. Every thing goes fine but iphone wont boot, it stuck at iphone logo. How do i restore my iphone, please help me

Ok People, i too have now joined the iPhone Bandwagon, and am total (i mean totally total) noob when it comes to iPhones. Have never used this device.

The iphone 4 that i have got has iOS 5 loaded but it has its baseband preserved to 1.59.00, so now how do i go ahead and unlock this device and also jalbreak it without worrying about bricking it (i am scared about this) ?

From what information i know, with the said baseband, i can get a software unlock, so please tell if jailbreak is supposed to be done first or unlock ?

Provide me some links to some helpful noob friendly tutorial as to how to go about doing all this.

Also anything i should be aware of so as to not accidentally update my phone etc etc or whatever information you can give me will be very much appreciated.

First off congrats on the phone but even after researching so much u went and got a locked phone.

iOS 5 has teethered JB as of now which means u have to JB the phone everytime its restarted.

^^Yes i understand that it is a tethered JB. About locked phone, to be honest, the unlocked iPhone 4, if any on ebay are all gevey SIM ones and factory unlocked are super rare and super costly. iPhone 4S unlocked is costly for my pocket.

But even with this phone, it should not be a problem right, because a software unlock is available ??

Btw the seller told me he has *something* (forgot what he said) of 4.3.3 with him which if i wanted, he can give me if i wanted.

Also what happens, say if i JB the phone, then turn off and restart (without PC) ?? What happens when i do this ?

That something are called SHSH blobs ask him to mail the files to u. You need them if u want to downgrade the iOS.

I am sorry that i may not be able to answer ur queries as i am not into unlocking( using a FU phone). Wait for people who use locked phones to help you.

That Something Most probably is SHSH blobs , you won't be needing them since they are for downgrade purposes , don't get into them , just ask the seller for a copy it won't hurt saving a few Kb's , don't loose them though

First Of all it won't turn on with normal tethered JB , you won't be able to use most infact all of the Functions , there is something called Semi tethered jailbreak which was released about a week ago

here it is

iOS 5 Semi Tethered Jailbreak Released, Here’s Your Full Guide!

Use both the links , given earlier too and within an hour you will have a unlocked and jailbroken iphone .

Do remember to tell your wife never to update when prompted

mpaspc said:
Do remember to tell your wife never to update when prompted

Where usually this prompt may come ? If it is through iTunes, then i am not worried as she will never connect the phone to PC, i will. If it is "on the phone" then usually when does it comes ?

It will be while using itunes , but i heard somewhere apple might incorporate over the air (OTA) updates for ios 5 , as of now no OTA updates , but you never know when they start .

Also i forgot to tell you something important use the preserved baseband IPSW update file while Jailbreaking

How to Preserve Your Baseband For Unlock When Upgrading to iOS 5

see the link above to know more ,

don't go further if you don't understand something , we have a wonderful community here you will get a solution , don't be impatient you might loose the ability to unlock it and then you would have to sell it on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back