Tikona Digital Networks Wireless Broadband (Nominal Rates)

Terms & Conditions
Rs. 500 is payable at the time of subscription.

Service Tax extra as applicable.

Wireless USB adaptor available @ Rs. 50 per month per unit or @ Rs.800 life time rental per unit for desktop/laptop not equipped with wireless interface

A subscriber can register maximum four PC's in for CB299, CB449, CB549, UL1249, UL899, UL649 & six PC's for CB999, CB1249 in @ll_Home solution.

Contention Ratio - 1:30 for unlimited & High Speed Internet Plans; 1:10 for Circuit Breaker Plans.

Upload speed for all plans shall be up to 256Kbps.

Usage includes both upload and download of data.

A CAT 5 cable shall be provided if subscriber needs to connect his PC on Ethernet Interface . Cable laying through casing and capping shall be charged @Rs. 10/feet. The same is payable directly to the TDN Authorized Partner's installation executive.

Speed mentioned here are guaranteed up to ISP node

All tariff mentioned above are subject to regulatory approval. Tikona Digital Networks has a right to modify or withdraw any tariff plan at any point of time

In case of service discontinuation subscriber shall return the modem/ wireless USB adaptor in working condition. Rs.1500 will be payable if subscriber retains or returns the modem/wireless USB adaptor in non working / damaged condition.

High Speed Internet Plan is not a broadband plan,as per Government of India Broadband Policy.

Circuit Breaker Fee is refundable deposit to be paid upfront at the time of subscription . it gets adjusted against the outstanding amount if any at the time of exit.

In case of Circuit Breaker Plans as soon as your bill reaches the maximum bill value, your charging stop.Your service however , continues to work , although at a reduced speed of 64 kbps for CB299, CB449 Plans & 100 kbps for higher Plans .

The original speed is restored automatically upon receipt of bill payment. Alternatively you can choose to make an ad hoc payment ahead of your regular bill payment date, to enjoy full speed service.
In Circuit Breaker Plans usage during the 'reduced speed' period is not charged .

just visited the website.

very clear terms and conditions.

wonder when this kind of ISP will launch in Surat :(

Fahrenheit said:
how about gaming dude? any lag on the PS3?

I installed Tikona just a week back. I had got the Access Point installed in my building almost 3 weeks ago.

It is not working on the PS3 for me.

The dialler is to be installed on every Laptop that is to connect through WiFi , according to their person. Now, that means we cannot connect PS3 through wifi as you cant install the driven on a PS3.

So, what i have done is connect the LAn Cable (provided with the modem) from the modem to my PS3 . After doing the connection setting on PS3 , i get an error when i try to go to my browser on ps3 .

The url displayed on the browser is ...... http://login.tikona.in/uerportal/login.do? . The error on the page is "The page cannot be displayed (80710616) "

I am supposed to get a login page on the browser when i conect through the cable, as i get it when i do the same from my laptop.

Why this error on PS3 . Any body here aware of this?

I am going to take this with their Support as otherwise the connection is quite good on my 2 laptops.

FastLove said:
I installed Tikona just a week back. I had got the Access Point installed in my building almost 3 weeks ago.

It is not working on the PS3 for me.

The dialler is to be installed on every Laptop that is to connect through WiFi , according to their person. Now, that means we cannot connect PS3 through wifi as you cant install the driven on a PS3.

So, what i have done is connect the LAn Cable (provided with the modem) from the modem to my PS3 . After doing the connection setting on PS3 , i get an error when i try to go to my browser on ps3 .

The url displayed on the browser is ...... http://login.tikona.in/uerportal/login.do? . The error on the page is "The page cannot be displayed (80710616) "

I am supposed to get a login page on the browser when i conect through the cable, as i get it when i do the same from my laptop.

Why this error on PS3 . Any body here aware of this?

I am going to take this with their Support as otherwise the connection is quite good on my 2 laptops.

i had the same issue with the connection. their connection was quite decent, but it was a problem to share the connection on diff devices as it needed the dialer to be installed. i couldnt share it on the ps3 even via ics. in the end i switched to mtnl.

Can you please post a speedtest for tikona stormblast?

Since nivyah is not a viable option for me now...i am recalibrating my options here and would like speculate as to how much i can expect from FUL499 plan.

Also...is that 150 download speed actually the speed that we get during download or its the plan speed that will give me speeds around 16kb/s.

striker_rage said:
Can you please post a speedtest for tikona stormblast?

Since nivyah is not a viable option for me now...i am recalibrating my options here and would like speculate as to how much i can expect from FUL499 plan.

Also...is that 150 download speed actually the speed that we get during download or its the plan speed that will give me speeds around 16kb/s.

it is 150kbps which means you will get download speed of around 16-20kb.

i dont have tikona cause i switched to mtnl. but when i had tikona i was using the 600kb/1mb plan. speed test during day gave me around 0.58mbps & in nights i got 1mb.

stormblast said:
it is 150kbps which means you will get download speed of around 16-20kb.

i dont have tikona cause i switched to mtnl. but when i had tikona i was using the 600kb/1mb plan. speed test during day gave me around 0.58mbps & in nights i got 1mb.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

Is MTNL better than Tikona?

striker_rage said:
Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

Is MTNL better than Tikona?

yes i found mtnl better as its easier to share among various devices including ps3 & cellphones.

abhi said:
bittu how much you paid for that plan?

1250 + tax for the 600kb/1mb plan. but i think that plan isnt there anymore, friend was saying they have just 600kb now @ 750

Jaxx89 said:
For me Reliance does the job.....especially after going through hell with all the other ISP's available in my area....which by the way are more costly than Reliance for eg. Wincable(Providing Hathway) charging 12k for a yearly connection of 256kbps unltd.
and the connection being turned off on Sunday as offices are shut down and half-days on saturday

Where are you from? :)

600kb now @ 750

Can you please elaborate more on this...like how much after service tax and what other charges can i expect...something like their installation and other charges.

I checked their site but i thought it was really confusing since there were so many different charges and deposits given.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

i log in to my mac and i see tikona's network now avialable in our area :) (indiranagar bangalore)

never heard of them but i guess they are moving fast in laying out thr network and they are already here in bangalore , signal strength looks a little weak though but lets wait for some more time.

stormblast said:
i dint pay any installation when i had taken tikona.

there will be the usual 10-12% service tax on the monthly amount.

What did u do to get away from the installation charge?

I am going in for tikona wi-bro so i would like to avoid installation charge too.

BTW, i see a tikona network when i connect to my wifi on the laptop.

Regards,
striker

i just called on their toll-free and i am very happy to hear that their service is available in my area :) now can somebody using 599/799 plan, pls post his speedtest.net links...plz :)

H_D said:
i just called on their toll-free and i am very happy to hear that their service is available in my area :) now can somebody using 599/799 plan, pls post his speedtest.net links...plz :)

Firstly, i would like to thank Stormblast for his support. Without his help...i would never have come this far, thank you very much!

I just got the TIKONA-WI BRO connection today. The speed is very stable and mostly no packet loss(i am guessing on this) even for a wireless connection.

I have subscribed for a 300 kb/s connection and i am getting download speed of 36 kb/s which i think is excellent for the subscribed package.
661228263.png

Customer service and engineer are excellent and are willing to co-operate to a very high degree with a prompt service.

I had to go for TIKONA since Nivyah and fivenetworks are not available at my place but for the other service providers available for me (Reliance,Tata,Airtel,MTNL,BSNL) Tikona seems like an excellent choice for me with very reasonable price for their packages.

Hi everyone,
im sahil from Delhi, i live at adarsh nagar. tikona is a big dissapointment.
i gave the installation request 4 days ago and still havnt got the hardware yet.
the customer-care is useless !

the person who did my registration was some Gaurav. he came to my house to collect the cheque in under 3 minutes and now he wont even pickup my phone. They keep giving false promises about the installation and don't live up to them. im even considering to forget the 500 rupees i had given in advance and go with mtnl or some other option...

if this is the service im receiving in the beginning god only knows what they would do later ! i got my reliance broadnet connection removed to get dis connection and im really regretting the decision

why did you get that BS connection ?. I heard people saying that TDN is the worst internet connection in the world. I spoke to a person who was a customer of TDN for 2 days. The 3rd day he surrendered the connection. For 300Kb/s connection he gets a transfer speed of only 12Kb/s. So it sucks. You should have googled for customer review before subscribing to any new ISP. I have done so and came to know these things. So i am safe. Sticking on to airtel itself. Though its a little pricey, their tech. support and speed is awesome.

Sharing is gonna be a huge problem with this, as I cant connect it to all my 4-5 Pc's at the same time.

Plus a 15GB DL limit on the 1Mbps plan is pathetic

I've been using Tikona for a month now - FUL799 plan. As promised, I got 2mbps speed for the first 400MBs and 600kbps thereafter. Download speeds are consistently about 65-70KB/s, so I'm fairly happy with the service.

Incidentally, I had a problem of frequent disconnections initially when connecting through the wireless mode. Nowadays, whenever I leave the laptop with downloads on, I disconnect the wireless mode and login in with the ethernet cable plugged in and haven't faced any problems since.

Back