Tikona Digital Networks Wireless Broadband (Nominal Rates)

Hi friends,
I am from bangalore, I bought new connection from tikona., my plan is 799UL, it means Rs.799 its unlimited plan, 600kbps download speed the told. But never i get such fast so far. here i will paste my test result that obtained the site "http://speedtest.tikona.in/".

Last Result:
Download Speed: 150 kbps (18.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 81 kbps (10.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 522 ms
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:04:20 AM

I had hathway before, i felt hathway the worst service provider but not tikona the one worst connection when compare to all other broadband services. The best provider since i had was Airtel and BSNL.

Actually this test result is not same always, it will increase for two hours upto 65-70 KB/sec transfer rate. But once in a day this magic will happen and it will remain for two hours:). So all Bangaloriens please wait for few more months dont hurry now, let them establish well. Sure i will update you people once i am getting uninterrupted service always.

Thats why i dint entertain these BS Tikkona Reps when they offered connection. I frankly told them that their service and especially support is worst . In reply they said that they are a new company and step by step they will improve their service and support ( which means that they admit their service is not good as the other ISPs)
I told them that after they improve their service/support I will take their connection.

Why dont you call their TS and screw them mate ?.

I called their customer support thrice in last 2 months.
Idiots take all my details and say that they will call back in 48hours but they dont. When I follow up they say that connection is not available in my area. The society next to my house(hardly 20mtrs) has the Tikona service. :(
I even tried to get their engineers to my place so that they could see for them self and give me a connection but no body has come yet :((
I want to switch from TATA as its the most horrible ISP I have ever seen.

i too using tdn 600 kbps plan, & prettty satisfied wit the speed & their service.

One thing to keep in mind that you will need to have the patience till the APN ( access point network) to get installed near your building. Then once installed all is well........., as this is the main hurdle in providing the connection

stormblast said:
according to their executive you can use only 2 pcs to login to the net with the same login id & password. but on checking the settings in the modem that they provide, it saves 4 diff. mac ids so i think it should be possible to login with 4 diff pc's at the same time with the same login.
currently i am using 2 pc's with the same login id. 1 is my desktop via pci wireless lan card & other is my laptop via wireless lancard.

Can't you use a Wireless Router in repeater mode and configure it to connect to the Tikona access point? This way I think you will be able to eliminate the sharing limitation, as only one user is actually connected to the Tikona access point.

TIKONA vs AIRTEL

Tikona Demo account (Demo account- Tech's say many people are using it right now) vs Airtel 256 Kb/s. Here's the evaluation I made.

Don't know how good my separate connection is going to be but they keep insisting that my Rs 599 Plan would be 1 Mb/s Line with 300 Kb/s download rate(In utorrent etc..wtf? true?) . I will be getting separate account maybe tomorrow so I'll check back with you guys.

striker_rage said:

I have subscribed for a 300 kb/s connection and i am getting download speed of 36 kb/s which i think is excellent for the subscribed package.

how much this package cost you (all inclusive) & your location please :)

Thanks

I'm in Chennai and the Unlimited plans are as follows.

799 Rs.

DL Speed-600 Kb/s

599 Rs

DL Speed-300 Kb/s(I got a 1Mb/s line with 170 Kb/s Download rate during the DEMO)

499 Rs

DL Speed- 150 Kb/s

They keep insisting that the DL speed mentioned there isn't the Line speed but the actual download rate. Good thing is no Wires except for Ethernet cable. And 500 Rs Installation which should be paid by check only

UPDATE : I got my separate account. Worth the money I paid I guess. 2Mb/s for 599. Decent Pings as well. Check the Screenshot.

hash said:
I'm in Chennai and the Unlimited plans are as follows.

799 Rs.
DL Speed-600 Kb/s

599 Rs
DL Speed-300 Kb/s(I got a 1Mb/s line with 170 Kb/s Download rate during the DEMO)

499 Rs
DL Speed- 150 Kb/s

They keep insisting that the DL speed mentioned there isn't the Line speed but the actual download rate. Good thing is no Wires except for Ethernet cable. And 500 Rs Installation which should be paid by check only

UPDATE : I got my separate account. Worth the money I paid I guess. 2Mb/s for 599. Decent Pings as well. Check the Screenshot.

Are you serious? 2MBPS for Rs 599 and Unlimited?

hash said:

2Mb/s is for limited data(including upload and download) only....
799 Rs. UL
DL Speed-600 Kb/s(2Mb/s for first 400MB of data use)

599 Rs UL
DL Speed-300 Kb/s(2Mb/s for first 200MB of data use)

499 Rs
DL Speed- 150 Kb/s(2Mb/s for first 100MB of data use)

:tongue:

Sp!ke

Are you serious? 2MBPS for Rs 599 and Unlimited?

2 Mb/s for only first 200 MB (Includes Download and Upload)

Then it reverts back to 300 KB/s.

I just used like 50 MB and then reverted back to 300 Kb/s.crap.

i'm gonna call them rite now.. hey guys i wanna ask a que, are the speeds good, i mean, if compared to what they are claiming.. are u satisfied??

Nopes. Speeds are not consistent , at my place(Chennai).

I'm supposed to get 300 Kb/s , but I get around 190 Kb/s 60 % of the time. I called them up and they did respond quite fast. And the repair process is going on...

No good REPORT about tikona in my city. Speed going down & down as customers increasing. No option but MTNL, but today MTNL too 100% down for 2-3 hrs.

one Tikona guys was bothering me, I asked him about 1mbps Unlimited plan. he said they don't have right now, but later he called and asked if I'm interested in 1mbps FUL @ 1400/- :p, anyway I don't need it..

Tikona is hopeless. Called the guy who installed the modem in my house since my speeds were awful (63kb/s in place of 300kb/s) he put me on hold and then left it that way. I called another guy in the Tikona Service...The minute I mentioned his name, he ****in disconnects and switched off his phone.

My advice. Don't ****in get this sh1tty ISP.

Back