Vote for Sachin: Times person of the Year. Currently ranked 7th

motorheadinc

Adept
Jun 17, 2008
www.awishcar.com
Hi everyone,

This is an open request to vote for sachin as the times most influential person of the year. @ Sachin Tendulkar - The 2010 TIME 100 Poll - TIME

He is currently ranked at number 7 with 122511 votes as per this page TIME 100 Competition - The 2010 TIME 100 Poll - TIME

How to vote:
1) Click Sachin Tendulkar - The 2010 TIME 100 Poll - TIME

2) You will see something like this

3) Move slider to 100% like this and enter the codes shown in image

4) Hit submit.

Come on guys with a country with 100 crores plus population we have just 1 lakh odd votes.

Come on make sure the legend gets what he deserves... To be numero Uno :D

Aphro_EVO

Disciple
Feb 2, 2009
Hyderabad
Voted for him. But I do strogly believe that once he is done with his cricketing career he should start with some charity/philanthrophic work as well. It would be apt time for him to give back and serve the community. He is the best ever cricketer no doubt though.

I mean look at Steve Waugh, he is not even an Indian & still he putting all efforts for upliftment of the poor in our country. Bill/Melinda Gates is another example of this effort.
There are some people who are pushing for Tendua to get a Bharat Ratna(highest civilian award), but I say that can wait until he does something substantial for the society too.

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
Done.

Solely because him being so down to Earth and standing tall with all the expectations and brickbats from all of us.

Kneo

Adept
Jun 27, 2006
What makes you think that he is not into charity and philanthropy. There are 3 types of people, one who cares a damn about society and are just into making tons and tons of money (you'd be surprised but this is a rare breed - most of the top money making individuals end up doing some charity or other).

The second type is the one who make a lot of money and are 'visible' during quite a lot of their charity efforts. These are the ones who like the adulation that they get when society projects them as someone who does charity. Their intentions are right but they want something in return - publicity.

And then there is a third category of humans who do charity without any publicity. Knowing the amount of money that he has and his well known lack of love for the high-life, I am sure that this chap is a lot into charity and philanthropy without the world knowing about it.

puns

Staff member
Super Mod
Mar 24, 2005
Mumbai
i like him but as 'person of the year', i would give my vote to someone who actually does something for the betterment of human lives rather than a sportsperson.

his philanthropic work although unknown is good but a lot of people do that. someone who does social work as an occupation or invents something for humanity or simply makes a day to day difference in people's lives, that is my person of the year.

motorheadinc

Adept
Jun 17, 2008
www.awishcar.com
I agree with kneo. and i would like to update That Mir hossein Mosaavi is progressing with almost 1k votes everytime i refresh while Sachin is going just 50-100 votes.

Come on guys lets make it happen. I have posted on TE, my gtalk status, tweeted it, put it on FB. Come on guys lets make it happen.

If not for the person then for the country :)

malhotraraul

Skilled
Oct 20, 2008
Mumbai / Thane
i do not care about some stupid magazine run by stupid bunch of fanatics who rate people, for me he is already number one for what he does, he is too good already.

NO PROOF REQUIRED FROM WHAT-SO-EVER & / OR WHOM-SO-EVER !!!!

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005
^^

Personally I don't think Sachin deserves to be on the top of that list. He may deserve to be on top of a list of greatest cricketers in history, but definitely not on this list.

If I had any doubts about that, the fact that you have to create a thread and write stuff to emotionally blackmail people (like do it for the country if not for the person) to vote for him is enough proof for me to say that he is not influential enough to be on the top of that list.

Aphro_EVO

Disciple
Feb 2, 2009
Hyderabad
Kneo said:
What makes you think that he is not into charity and philanthropy. There are 3 types of people, one who cares a damn about society and are just into making tons and tons of money (you'd be surprised but this is a rare breed - most of the top money making individuals end up doing some charity or other).

The second type is the one who make a lot of money and are 'visible' during quite a lot of their charity efforts. These are the ones who like the adulation that they get when society projects them as someone who does charity. Their intentions are right but they want something in return - publicity.

And then there is a third category of humans who do charity without any publicity. Knowing the amount of money that he has and his well known lack of love for the high-life, I am sure that this chap is a lot into charity and philanthropy without the world knowing about it.

Who am I to judge anybody, leave alone Tendulkar. I personally believe (my own principle) that 10 % of one's earnings should go to a cause one can most relate to. But as Nemesis said, actions speak louder than words. Mother Teresa didn't blow her trumpet, nor did Baba Amte/Steve Waugh or anybody else for that matter. But people still do know about it thanks to media. I am only trying to put across a point, had Tendulkar been actively doing any form social work it would already have been out there in the media on a frequent basis.

And before anybody jumps to a conclusion, I don't want him to stop playing cricket and get started full time on it right away. I just hope he embarks upon this path once he is done playing cricket. It will only add to his greatness.

Kneo

Adept
Jun 27, 2006
The poll is for the 'Most Influential Person' and he is a role model to a lot of people in the country - not just people who want to be cricketers but his humility and character is something that one looks up to. He is one of an extremely rare breed of popular Indians who is not mired in any controversy till date.

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
@DL

Pertinent points, but these polls are never accurate...

its better to make an effort for a person whom we can nominate on some solid ground is still better off than any other unacceptable fellow.

manu1991

Barely Alive
Skilled
Dec 31, 2007
New Delhi
Kneo said:
The poll is for the 'Most Influential Person' and he is a role model to a lot of people in the country.
Exactly , unfortunately this is a World Poll . Sorry , but his popularity/influence among non Indians isnt high .

chiron

Skilled
Feb 8, 2006
Kim Yu-Na got four times as many votes (I guess Koreans use the net way too much), but she deserves it. But Lady Gaga...
emot-suicide.gif

Apr 9, 2008
Kolhapur<-->Pune
Most influential person is 'Tiger Woods'. Well he is influential, it doesn't matter if it was good or bad influence, it's all about influence. :rofl:

This is international list and for me from in the list Sachin is most influential. So, voted for sachin.

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
manu1991 said:
Exactly , unfortunately this is a World Poll . Sorry , but his popularity/influence among non Indians isnt high .

Agree :)

He's being compared with ppl that generate a great deal more news print.

salluks

Adept
Nov 10, 2006
wow, have u guys seen the list??

shakrukh on 9th! robert pattison on 10..wtf??

none of them even deserve to be on the list....looks more like a popularity contest than an actual influential list to me.

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005
salluks said:
none of them even deserve to be on the list....looks more like a popularity contest than an actual influential list to me.

Well popularity is in most cases the starting point for an influence don't you think? You wouldn't be influenced by someone you don't know. :p

In fact Sachin Tendulkar is even on that list solely because of the reason that he is popular. The only thing is that although Sachin is popular enough (atleast in India and a few other common wealth countries that play cricket), he is not influential enough anywhere to top that list.