Want advice on stopping a spitting menace

I put up a religious picture on one side of door with No Spitting in hindi written on it. Now that person has started spitting on other side of door where there is no pic.
<

I'm going to punch in his face him if i catch him red handed in future.

Does it happen regularly? I mean every single day? Do you have a door lens on the front door?

If you could somehow narrow it down to some specific time interval (i.e. before noon, afternoon, evening) when this happens, you could take a peek through the door lens and get hold of this lunatic. You should be teaching him a damn good lesson!

Another one (may not be practical )

Electrify the corner or place where he spits
<
, let be spit and he might be lucky enough to get a good shock
<

That wouldn't work.

@CA50

Your idea would work for person who pee..

Try catching this guy red handed on some weekend or someother day when possible, and have a peace talk with him..if that doesnt work go all guns blazing!

I put up a religious picture on one side of door with No Spitting in hindi written on it. Now that person has started spitting on other side of door where there is no pic.
<

I'm going to punch in his face him if i catch him red handed in future.

lol hilarious

@Gannu and @ram_dante, Oops!!! will have to think another evil idea
<

@OP, why don't you light incense sticks on both the corners and one pic/idol of God at one corner ?

Munnabhai type gandhigiri is only good for movies.Religious pics might take this to another level.

If you really want to capture who is doing, use a small 10Mpx webcam with night vision and extended usb cable. I dont know how much HDD space is required for capturing 12-24 hr video.

Once you get the guy, place one white dhoti or cloth near door where he spits, and see if he does that again. I dont think that he will do that again. Anyways you will have him on video. Go talk to him with the footage.

They guy might spit on that white dhoti once.. but he will not do that again. (at least i think so..)

Theres no harm in trying, if this don't work, try something else :)

It has to be some labor/milkman/newspaper man coming to deliver stuff. Of course there is no way you can filter this out manually. Forget the God picture thing now. Move to level 2, and place a small webcam and sit watching it one morning. Catch the little phu**er, and slap him hard.

It will work.

i think it happens regularly. I used to go to the door and peek from the door lens whenever someone goes up or down the stairs to catch the guy. The newspaper guy does not spit, the flowerboy does not spit, and the kids going up and down the whole day dont spit. Seems some guy who stays above is doing this. I cant watch the door 24 hrs, cause these remaining plausible suspects are house brokers/ civil contractors and come at around 1-2 in night and some go to work at around 5 in morning.

i did search ebay for a cctv but prices are insane. all are around the 7-8k mark.

Just asking some question, based on personal experience.

1.Did you abuse anybody in your neighborhood ? or scolded a kid staying in the apartment ? or abused someone in the apartment who scratched your car/bike ?

2.Do you make lot of noise late night ?

3.Do you stay with friends or family ?

actually you dont need a cctv , you need a web camera and it to be visible , not even working
<
of course the other side is the camera can get flicked ;p

webcam solution is the best . if you have a laptop place it near the door and install the webcam on a higher place capturing the stairs and the door.

wireless webcams are expensive. drill a hole for the webcam wire to come from inside to outside. if the person is spitting on your door, he would not know of web cams and video capturing.

Just asking some question, based on personal experience.

1.Did you abuse anybody in your neighborhood ? or scolded a kid staying in the apartment ? or abused someone in the apartment who scratched your car/bike ?

2.Do you make lot of noise late night ?

3.Do you stay with friends or family ?

no to all. i'm an introvert and usually mind my own business. i watch tv or listen to music with my headphones on. dont think anyone knows me a bit even though i've been staying here before they shifted into their flats.
<

webcam will definitely get flicked within few hours after door is closed.

You have any time frame in mind when this happens, by erm.....observing the spit. I know it sounds gross, but you will have to investigate. Once you can ascertain that, then you can spy out. Damn...really bad. Am sure, it is some lame a$$ed resident living above you.

If you manage to identify him and if it turns out to be someone from your building, you can indulge yourself in a spitting contest of sought. You know, spit right back at him or at his door.
<

another brainstorming advice : keep a spitoon near the door and see if that helps?

or stick some plastic sheets on that side of door for a week or so then remove it

If you manage to identify him and if it turns out to be someone from your building, you can indulge yourself in a spitting contest of sought. You know, spit right back at him or at his door.
<

interesting! but i dont chew paan. maybe use pichkari to squirt him with red colour when he passes my house
<

another brainstorming advice : keep a spitoon near the door and see if that helps?

or stick some plastic sheets on that side of door for a week or so then remove it

problem is who will empty/ clean it? not me.
<

What you can do is buy one of the dummy security camera which looks very much authentic (infact they originally were working camera). They usually have battery operated RED blinking light which gives them a very genuine look. Check the link below...

Do not get those round black ones as they may not understand it is a camera but use something very very obvious like below. I am not sure whether you will get it in India ebay site or not.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16881105045

I know the cost seems high but if you search you can find these for under 10$ shipped.

op the best idea is to catch him redhanded.for that you have to narrow the time frame.For this to work you have to examine the spit(i know it is gross)but you have no other option which will work.Examine if the spit is recent.Usually if it is still wet then you can be pretty sure that it is within 4 hours or so.So spend these 4 hours watching and then catch the guy redhanded.No need to shout.Talk to him in an understanding manner.If I were you this is what i would do.first guess his age.If he is an adult just tell him this is not how adults behave.I am sure you are mature enough.Play to the guys strengths and point to him how he can be so much better.Don't shout just tell him bhaisab this is not what i expected from you.If it is the kid then complain to the kids parents telling them that this is not expected from their son/whatever.

I am sure this will work.

Do let us know if it works and good luck.

cheers

Back