Graphic Cards Wierd Issue after Installing New Graphics Card

anfjavid said:
It cant be concluded that just if the O/s installs properly, the mobo isnt faulty. IMO majority of the mobo components start to work at their 100% potential only after the drivers are installed. For example if there is an onboard audio issue with the mobo, you may get a BSOD error or freezing only after installing the drivers or atleast windows... IMO most of the BSODs start to show up only after installing drivers or atleast windows (which may have inbuilt drivers)

Correct me if i am wrong..

Your are right mostly but the case here is that I was using this RIG till just the min before I installed the new card. So I dont think the mobo is fried. Also I inspected the mobo minutely and I dont see any blown caps or chokes. Either the HDD is gone or the PSU is screwed up. And my money is on the PSU.

UPDATE: yesterday after another hard reset I was able to re-install windows but after restarting to complete the installation it again BSOD. This time I took a snapshot of the stop error code and it was the general 0x0000000A message but under it there were sub codes and the last code got my attention. The last code, on looking up the windows knowledge database I found was a memory error that led to a driver irq error which basically crashed the system. So I took out the RAM modules and replaced one by one with different modules and voila! the PC rebooted just fine and I was able to install windows & all drivers. The system has been running stable since last night with the new HD 6950 in it.

Till yesterday I was confident that the RAM was fine since previously it had passed the memtest86+ for more than 1 yr or so without any errors. This led me to think that the fault lied with either the PSU (90%) or the HDD (10%). I am posting this as through my experience with this incident I want to warn people that even if your RAM modules pass the memtest86 theres still a chance that the RAM may be corrupted.

Yea that IRQ_LESS_THAN BSOD usually occurs due to faulty memory i guess , even i used to get that bsod , i had 3 ram modules one of them which was faulty , removed that and pc became stale.

Back