Monitors Will freesync work with displayport to hdmi adapter?

greenhorn

Patron
Dec 29, 2005
I have a ryzen desktop (hp 705 g4 usff) that had only displayport output. I'm seeing rather limited choice on display port monitors that support freesync. Can i buy a hdmi (without displayport) monitor and Hook it up via a dp-> hdmi adapter and get freesync and everything to work?

Googling seems to say it depends on the GPU output type and the adapter type. That's a lot of depends. Anyone has any experience with this? Any links to an adapter that's known to work?

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Jun 10, 2010
Mumbai
I have a ryzen desktop (hp 705 g4 usff) that had only displayport output. I'm seeing rather limited choice on display port monitors that support freesync. Can i buy a hdmi (without displayport) monitor and Hook it up via a dp-> hdmi adapter and get freesync and everything to work?

Googling seems to say it depends on the GPU output type and the adapter type. That's a lot of depends. Anyone has any experience with this? Any links to an adapter that's known to work?
vsync one will also work.

Ankit2306

Disciple
Jan 7, 2022

Yes it will work bro

Reactions: greenhorn