Fraud happened please suggest

Still if you think we can do something then please I'm waiting.
cyber cell requires compliant to be lodged within 24 hours of the fraud being committed. police won't get your money back or catch the culprit but their copy of complaint letter will help you talk to the party who carried out the transaction (ATM, POS, website etc).

you are too late, in the sense that the stolen money could've been spent by now. still, if police catches the culprit, you might get your money back even after a month but that's just a daydream.

anyways, visit the cyber crime cell in your area and request them to give a complaint number against your incident. you'll need to submit all the details in writing - i guess you've already done this. don't mention FIR. tell them that you are just following the process required by bank/website etc.

all the ecom sites have fraud handling departments. send the copy of this letter, complaint number, your ID to whoever you think carried out the transaction for that caller. send them all the relevant details such as the time and transaction number.

For that I have to contact Vodafone Delhi. But are they really gonna entertain me? They will ask me to launch FIR either here or there.
for once, can you share the details? like how did you come to know about the fraud? email or SMS? and what kind of messages did your bro receive? was there any website involved or the card was used at some physical location?

My bad. I guess people cannot read the post after a comma, which talks about bank roles and what they can do. Thanks for telling me.
relax :p ... my response to you was just in the first sentence. rest of the stuff was meant for OP or general public. i just wanted to say to you that since it's virtual money, it can be retrieved if acted upon quickly.

A always another disappointment by pathetic pune services. SO the police never gave me any call even after 15 days.

So we did what nobody does. We re activated the same axis card but got the pin changed.

And the fraudsters also know that once somebody gets looted he/she opts for new card after blocking the existing ones.

And we played the exact opposite.:p:cool:

Now f**** pune police and its cyberSALE!!!!:mad:

Last Sunday I received one such scam call at 6:45 in morning.
I guess they are trying to play a little more smart by catching people in sleepy condition.
I was myself not fully awake when I received that call. As soon I learnt a 'Bank Manager' has called me, I was fully alert.
I handled him the usual way and I don't know when did he disconnect the call.
I didn't call the police, as I know our police can't do anything about these people.

This reminds me of a call that came on my uncle's cell. Luckily I picked it up and when I answered, the scam call center drone said the atm card will be deactivated if we dont give him some details like aadhar and pan card etc. I got exited and was telling everyone in the room loudly, hey look we got one of those scam calls. lol. I forgot to cancel the call all this time and the drone didn't even hang up. When my cousin picked up the cell, he was asking again if we were going to give him the details. Cousin laughed and closed the call.

Back