CPU/Mobo AMD Ryzen CPUs launched

Btw guys,

I am dead fix on getting G skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB kit 3200 Mhz, I have no issues with default rainbow effect for the time being, I have not installed Asus Aura sync, is there any probability that I would fry the sticks if I run at 3000 - 3200 Mhz?

Thanks,

Niladri.

Btw guys,

I am dead fix on getting G skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB kit 3200 Mhz, I have no issues with default rainbow effect for the time being, I have not installed Asus Aura sync, is there any probability that I would fry the sticks if I run at 3000 - 3200 Mhz?

Thanks,

Niladri.

The aura software has caused the SPD of some sticks getting corrupted. If you don't have any asus software on your machine, you should be fine.

If you want to be absolutely safe buy the non RGB version.

So Hynix die wont work? Thats a bummer :(
There's one good thing which I had missed in G.Skill site.

If you scroll down below it has the compatible QVL for motherboards.

upload_2017-8-3_0-9-41.png

Hey Marcus

Was reading somewhere that there are 3 models of rgb kit from gskill - cl14 is samsung die but cl15 and cl16 are of Hynix die. Anyway to confirm?

Found a combo
G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX (Samsung B-Die chip)
https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/g-skill-flare-x-f4-3200c14d-16gfx-ram/

And the mobo is MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...aming-pro-carbon-x370-socket-am4-motherboard/

As per user review this stuff works
http://www.overclock.net/t/1625418/msi-x370-gaming-pro-carbon-experience/30

Now waiting for the weekend to go out and buy shit...

@simforgotten the Trident RGB kit is Hynix die
Dude, just call Prime and ensure they have that RAM in stock. Last time I called them, they didn't have any B-die RAM at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1501735601][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey Marcus

Was reading somewhere that there are 3 models of rgb kit from gskill - cl14 is samsung die but cl15 and cl16 are of Hynix die. Anyway to confirm?
Check the reddit thread here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/

Dude, just call Prime and ensure they have that RAM in stock. Last time I called them, they didn't have any B-die RAM at all./

I called them up and they are saying that the RAM will be in stock by 10th of August.

I called up my local contacts in Kolkata(Velocity) and they are quoting 16500 for the RAM and 17400 for the mobo both of which are much higher than the price quoted by PrimeABGB.

Availability of RAM/Motherboards (or even PSU/Cabinets) is quite pathetic at the moment and pricing seems quite high.

@Marcus Fenix why did you pick the MSI X370 Pro Carbon ? Why not the B350 version of the same or other X370s?

Availability of RAM/Motherboards (or even PSU/Cabinets) is quite pathetic at the moment and pricing seems quite high.

@Marcus Fenix why did you pick the MSI X370 Pro Carbon ? Why not the B350 version of the same or other X370s?

I started off with the RAM basically.Only this G.Skill kit is available in India at a reasonable rate which has Samsung B-die.

As per G.Skill's own QVL the Flare X RAMs seem to support the maximum number of MSI mobos.

Asus has only CH6 on the list and its the all singing all dancing king of the hill when it comes to AM4 mobos and consequently its price is pretty high at around 21k+.

I crossed out the B350 mobos by searching for user reviews on each of them when used in conjunction with the G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX

MSI X370 Pro Carbon is no. 3 among top X370 boards across a number of sites after the Asus CH6 and the Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming K7 which weirdly is priced a bit more than the CH6 in India.

Moreover as per user review the G.Skill kit reaches 3200 MHz without too much hassle on this mobo.

So all in all I don' think I have done this level of research ever before buying anything electronic...Phew!!!

Now keeping my fingers crossed that I get a well-binned 1700 so that I can push the RAM to 3200 as well

For Ryzen, anyone has any idea about this ram:

CORSAIR DESKTOP RAM VENGEANCE RGB SERIES - 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 DRAM 3466MHz[DOUBLEPOST=1501773608][/DOUBLEPOST]
But where are the motherboards supporting this?

Well that is a good question :([DOUBLEPOST=1501774403][/DOUBLEPOST]Also can I use Xonar DX card with my Asus board ROG X370 f strix?

Last edited:
Back