Apple Unveils iPhone 5 ,4" Display , 7.6mm thick , 2x faster Processor & More

The cheapest plan I could find on AT&T here in the US is $65 per month. The system in US+Canada is atrocious.

400 minutes of calls per month 9 AM - 5 PM Monday to Friday (incoming+outgoing)
5000 minutes of calls per month evenings and weekends (incoming+outgoing)
200 MB (I repeat 200 MB! of data.) If I go over, I get charged $15 for 200 MB instead of being bumped up into the next tier for the month.
0 Text messages. I get charged 20 cents for an incoming message.

Fortunately, I am moving to a new plan.

Unlimited text and web.
100 minutes of phone calls a month.
$30 per month.

I am on Wi-Fi at home and work, so I will use some free VOIP services for outgoing minutes.
It is still cheaper, I pay $50 just for Caller ID and Unlimited Talk And Text (in City only). There is a 13 percent tax on everything here.
Although now a few newer telecom providers have cheaper plans with Caller ID included in all their plans.

EDIT: I just read that you are charged for text messages separately, that probably makes the situation similar.

How much do you pay every month for your phone bill? Compare that with what the McD employee would be paying.

You are still not understanding my point. I said that even a person working in McD can buy it. I never said it will be cheap.

I am familiar with the plans ranging from $75-$125 per month. But since you have the option of making payments monthly, it is an option.

Since you have been in the U.S. for quite some time now, what is your opinion on this? Would smartphone sales not be different if everyone had to shell out the unlocked price upfront? Let's take an average of $700 for all of the high-end phones. What say?

- - - Updated - - -

tumblrmaax6zyxmo1qz581w.jpg

I cant believe apple!They still think they can make the sales by not delivering to its full potential!Ummm,ill be happy with my iphone4 for time being .Duh'!This quarter i believe belongs to Note2 ,more than any other Handheld.

iPhone 5 contract prices in UK

Vodafone will offer it on contracts from GBP25 per month -- with an initial GBP249 outlay) or free on GBP47 per month for two years. That free deal will net you a 16GB iPhone 5, with 2GB of data, unlimited texts and voice minutes. On Orange, a 24-month contract at GBP46 will nab you the same 16GB model for free, with 3GB of data and unlimited calls and texts. If you drop down to the GBP20 rate, you'll have to pay GBP320 upfront and pick up a lightweight bundle of 100MB of data, 50 texts and 50 minutes. EE stablemate T-Mobile aren't offering any free iPhones on its carrier plans, but you'll be able to glean unlimited internet (alongside 2000 voice minutes) on a 16GB iPhone 5 for GBP109 and GBP36 per month on contract.

I guess only 5 iPhone 5's were available or else there is no way it could be sold out in 30 Mins.

You are not really serious..are you ?
Visit macrumors to see how much hoopla over pre orders is there. In US the pre orders began at 3:01 AM EST and people here have actually stayed awake to pre-order the phone. Forget everything, this is iPhone so this type of response is expected.
Ebay.com pre order bids have reached as high as 1000$ for the 16GB model.

You are not really serious..are you ?
Visit macrumors to see how much hoopla over pre orders is there. In US the pre orders began at 3:01 AM EST and people here have actually stayed awake to pre-order the phone. Forget everything, this is iPhone so this type of response is expected.
Ebay.com pre order bids have reached as high as 1000$ for the 16GB model.

Yes Bro I am joking but still 30 minutes and the device is sold out is pretty hard to swallow.

Moreover I feel many sites are on Apple's Payrolls. Let's see whether the figures are facts or myth.

No websites are on Apple's payroll. They don't need to pay anyone, no other company generates de-facto religious fervour like Apple. They just have to do their marketing tricks and people will swoon over it, starting with the Tame Apple Press. No other company will sell out their flagship products despite releasing at the middle of the night on a weekend just for pre-orders. Such devout following probably hasn't occurred since Christianity. Just so it is clear, I mean this in the best way possible, it is a phenomenal achievement.

Back