Battle of the inverter Air Conditioners: Daikin, Panasonic, Mitsubishi or Toshiba?

1.1 inverter will run just fine. But i'd pitch for a 1.5 inverter if you could make the stretch! You will recover the added cost by the beginning of next year's summer!

I have the same dilemma whether to go 1.5T inverter or 1.1T inverter for 15X10 bedroom. One thing is for sure Inverter A/C should be slightly over capacity than the regular A/C to provide effective savings. 1.1T is the just above border line hence 1.5T should do better. The cost difference is 10K in this case even 1.1T runs slightly higher bills initial cost wont be recovered. I need to make a wise decision.

After reading the whole I will prefer Inverter technology, Just think which company should I go for Samsung, Dakin, Bluestar or sharp ?

Hi,

If you have the budget by all means go for the 1.5 ton inverter instead of being on the border line. Chennai temperatures does go a little too hot and 1.1 T will not be sufficient in the hottest of months for a 150 square feet room.. Last thing you want is to get a 1.1T unit and later realize that it cannot cool your room.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

After reading the whole I will prefer Inverter technology, Just think which company should I go for Samsung, Dakin, Bluestar or sharp ?

A big No to bluestar and Samsung. do they even make inverter ac's?:unsure:
Sharp makes great air conditioners and they are made of quality materials however service is pathetic.
Daikin: Great ac's but expensive. Service is good.
Panasonic : Great ac's and most of the time value for money compared to daikin. Service depends on the location.

I have the same dilemma whether to go 1.5T inverter or 1.1T inverter for 15X10 bedroom. One thing is for sure Inverter A/C should be slightly over capacity than the regular A/C to provide effective savings. 1.1T is the just above border line hence 1.5T should do better. The cost difference is 10K in this case even 1.1T runs slightly higher bills initial cost wont be recovered. I need to make a wise decision.
I'm in same boat! Assuming 10k differential amount could compensate within 2/3 years of running time 1.5T inverter, though not sure...
One additional confusion for me on and above Vijaycool :- Jamnagar city is called Kashmir of Gujarat, hardly shoot up temp above 38 degree even in Summer. But Humidity is excessive all the time here being located near seashore....

Mouthshut is a website that itself needs to shut down. Invalidated, highly biased and bogus reviews abound. I am not THAT pro-Daikin but I am just saying that Mouthshut is quite an unreliable website on it's own.

Update on Daikin Split A.C 1.5 Ton Inverter (Can anyone please mention the model number in 1.5 ton model,)

Hi,
I went to three Daikin dealers in my city and the price quoted by them is Rs42,672; Rs 41,500 and Rs 41,000 and Rs 1500 for Installation (I think he is charging Rs500 extra), Rs4000 for Stabilizer (he told me Daikin providing 1 Yr warranty, In my opinion warranty will be at-least 2 Yr), Rs645/metre for pipe and Rs650 for outerstand. There is one more dealer I will go on Tuesday may be he will give me 1-2 % discount on Rs41,000.

And Non-inverter 1.5 ton with 3 star was Rs31,000 something and 5 star Rs39,000 something

If anyone using Daikin, so recommend which stabilizer is good.

Update on Daikin Split A.C 1.5 Ton Inverter (Can anyone please mention the model number in 1.5 ton model,)

Hi,
I went to three Daikin dealers in my city and the price quoted by them is Rs42,672; Rs 41,500 and Rs 41,000 and Rs 1500 for Installation (I think he is charging Rs500 extra), Rs4000 for Stabilizer (he told me Daikin providing 1 Yr warranty, In my opinion warranty will be at-least 2 Yr), Rs645/metre for pipe and Rs650 for outerstand. There is one more dealer I will go on Tuesday may be he will give me 1-2 % discount on Rs41,000.

And Non-inverter 1.5 ton with 3 star was Rs31,000 something and 5 star Rs39,000 something

If anyone using Daikin, so recommend which stabilizer is good.

4k for a Stabilizer?? I believe the dealer is taking you for a ride. Stabilizer should not cost more than 2,5k. V guard is a decent brand. I got V guard stablizer for my ac for 2k.
Also make sure the installation is done by daikin technicians else it's going to create warranty issues in the future.

41.5k is a good price for 1.5 ton inverter Ac's.. Non inverter ac's prices you have mentioned is on the higher side by atleast 3k.,

Friends,
I am confused btwn sharp and daikin inverter ac. the difference in rates is huge in delhi.
daikin invt 1.5T - 39200 + extra charges for copper pipe, etc. (comes around 3 k)
sharp invt 1.5T - 39000 no extra charges for copper pipe etc.

Plz advice.
vinod.

Friends,
I am confused btwn sharp and daikin inverter ac. the difference in rates is huge in delhi.
daikin invt 1.5T - 39200 + extra charges for copper pipe, etc. (comes around 3 k)
sharp invt 1.5T - 39000 no extra charges for copper pipe etc.

Plz advice.
vinod.

Pls check ass of Sharp in your city. In my city, their after sales is non existent .

Hi All,
Thanks to #frankmehta for this thread.
We also got the Daikin FTKD60 installed at my place.
Here's the breakup.
Daikin FTKD60 AC Unit = 44,000/-
Logicstat Stabilizer = Rs.3,950/-
Installation Rs. 5810/-
Installation breakup :
Copper pipe = 4 mts @ 1m @ 700 Rs. = 2800/-
Electric Wire 10 mtrs @ 1m @ 60 Rs. 600/-
Water pipe 3 mtrs @ 1m @ 70 Rs. = 210/-
Stand = 700 Rs.
Installation cost = Rs. 1500/-

Recently got to experience the Daikin FTKD60 at a hotel room. This is my first experience with a Daikin machine, that too an inveter one (R22 gas). The machine was a 2 tonner for barely a 130 sq.ft room (an overkill!)

I could observe the ODU switching off at frequent intervals when the temperature was set at 24C+. As per my understanding, ODU's in inverter A/Cs never switch off, the compressor speed varies to maintain the cooling. Is my understanding flawed or is it a fault with the machine?

Back