Car & Bike BBC Top Gear - Discussion Thread

That'd be interesting to see, although i think he mentioned Rowan not for his acting skills but for his serious car collection. I was actually surprised to know Mr.Bean was one of the first people to own a Veyron lol

Top Gear was not just about individuals or the cars but the onscreen chemistry these guys shared. Replace one or all 3 won't matter as the show will feel hollow without the trio.

Replacing Hammond with Tiff would be an improvement though

@psyph3r - Not just that the guy is a motorsport enthusiast and has a McLaren F1 and was even invited by McLaren to watch the F1 race.

The TG trio have quit - the 2 apart from JC haven't renewed their BBC contracts. They are moving to Netflix.

Top Gear was not just about individuals or the cars but the onscreen chemistry these guys shared. Replace one or all 3 won't matter as the show will feel hollow without the trio.
Its high time to make the show about cars and not some stupid shenigans of them three. seriously I dont give a shit about hammond freezing his ass in the cold wether.
Not just that the guy is a motorsport enthusiast and has a McLaren F1 and was even invited by McLaren to watch the F1 race.
He is a proper petrol head. I want a car show with people like him. like jay leno, chris haris, tiff needle, jason plato, vicky etc... I always wonder why a car show needs a tame professional racing driver (aka stig) apart from the presenters? Though his character is good; making him travel in public train and reading books while the presenters are racing in cars in appalling to me.

Have you seen fifth gear? Have heard that its exactly like that.
I have been following it religiously since 2 years. I love that show but they seriously lack budget. They manage a good show with the little budget they have.

There are many serious car shows but top gear is the only FUN one. I can watch pagani's doing laps on youtube but where can i watch a renault twingo being driven into the sea or what happens to a flabby face in an ariel atom or how rubbish the average person can be at truck driving. It's a formula that cannot be recreated even though they tried. I like the madness, the deliberate attempt at being politically in-correct, the sheer ludicrousness of their attempts (hover-van, v8 blender, geoff). Top gear is not a car show in the traditional sense, its an entertainment show about 3 knobs and some cars being driven around now and then.

I hope the three of them get together and produce their own show.

btw its official now, Russel brand is replacing JC in top gear.

How can a guy like Russel Brand get a wife like Katy Perry?????
I think I have seen his videos as a standup but car show>>>

url.png

Russell might have been an idiot in the past but he's a much smarter and nicer person now, i quite like his "trews" videos on youtube.

The main producer (Andy Wilman) has left as well. Either he didn't want to deal with the hassle of remaking the show with a new cast or he and the other 3 might be planning something together.

Final episode of good ol' Top Gear airs tomorrow with edited footage from before the fiasco.
The trio will be back on itv soon although I don't know how they'll be able to manage the same level of production, BBC had deeper pockets and a wider reach across the world unlike itv.

Back