Big Let down by Prime ABGB

unonymouz
129092786498235257.jpg

i read everything yet i can't see where TE's fault is. Ignorant guy.

there is one pet peeve that i would like to raise here if any people are still reading , over generalization / people with less knowledge advising on subjects that they are not well versed in

for eg: and this is the only one i can relate to , if any one asks for advice on a computer for animation , the first thing is always raised is get a quadro card , not that the person who is advising would have one or not or is anyway remotely working with 3d or animation , its always go for quadro and ofcrse the fastest intel that you can find in his budget , it is not right and the person will just be blowing his money on it

best advice , dont advise people with which you have no idea of , let the others who know about it comment, people take advice over here very seriously and spend their money and then start cribbing about TE

my 2 paisa

^ very true, but onus should be on the person who ask's advice to not take people's advice blindly. There is something called a budget and research. My advice to new people spending their cash on pc's is to put in as much time as possible to research whether they actually require such a fast graphics card or processor or the 4gbs of ram that people keep wanting. There are many sites that give reviews of products. At least spend time reading those reviews to get to know the hardware you're buying first.

6pack said:
^ very true, but onus should be on the person who ask's advice to not take people's advice blindly. There is something called a budget and research. My advice to new people spending their cash on pc's is to put in as much time as possible to research whether they actually require such a fast graphics card or processor or the 4gbs of ram that people keep wanting. There are many sites that give reviews of products. At least spend time reading those reviews to get to know the hardware you're buying first.

Moral of the story: help only those who are willing to help themselves(by doing some research on their own too)

kkooljos9 said:
Why hasn't my reply been posted till now :-O It has been more than 8 hours now. I understand you guys have to moderate and all, but please make it sooner :( Anyways, people who think OP's PC should burn down are very very "mature", I hope they get well soon. :) Cheers.
It seems nobody seems to be mature here.

Instead of Helping they are making a joke of him.

@kkooljos9 I tried contacting OP via PM. It seems he is not responding to PM's.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

matoind said:
+1.......Will not trust prime blindly.
Will never trust Prime.

No not just that, Will never go there.

They always overcharge everything.

I think I have seen enough of this thread, so I request the mods to shut it down. The only thing I will miss about this thread is the daily laughter quota I got, apart from that everything the OP and his supporting party has said is SHIT.

@ ALPHA17.... I don't usually comment when I don't know people personally. Still, If you think that this thread i.e. "someone in trouble" was a personal quota of laughter, then, may god bless you. If you have had enough of this thread then "why not stop posting yourself"!!

@harishgayatri.... I appreciate you wanting to help the OP (I am assuming that is why you sent him a personal message). But he has left TE. But I still thank you on his behalf. I guess now, its entirely pointless continuing this thread.

harishgayatri said:
Will never trust Prime.

No not just that, Will never go there.

They always overcharge everything.

This has started happening ever since Meenal left.

I've had a few instances now where SP and Ashok have quoted much higher than their margins even if they were not sure of the exact product being available or not. This NEVER happened with Meenal handling the sales.

She'd always put me on hold if the stuff i wanted was not readily available with them and then check on the other line with the vendors and then give me the price. Also if that was still not available, she'd say ill call back and then before the end of the day, there always was a follow up call from her or an email to give the status of the product and the price.

I've been interacting with Prime since 2004-2005 now and i've seen SP grow from a normal stores help guy to his current "position". Unfortunately i dont like the way he's got into his new role. He talks in the typical Lamington Road Dealer "Style" and uses the streetsmart way of addressing you and your price expectations.

Ashok is much more docile and adjusting but SP tries the fake "smooth" talk untill i remind him not to bullshit. The trouble is on the phone only when they realise who you are does he change the way he deals. That said, even when i personally go to the store, he tries his luck but he recognizes old guys like me and doesnt push it too far. I anyway make it a point to deal with Ashok only

I wonder why Meenal left.. and if Gulbir can take any feedback from this thread, he should know immediately to get her back!

I truly feel sorry for the OP- who said ignorance is bliss.

But that said, i also foresee rthe possibility him becoming a mod or an admin of some forum some day. :)

Someone please send him a TE Tshirt- that might make him feel a lil less worse. :)

Like some others have already posted-

RMA takes much longer via Prime now.

Sometimes it's better to go directly to the distros now- like Digilink at BKC for Gigabyte or Kaizen for Corsair, etc.

But working people or people who are a bit restricted from going to that part of town still find it easier to get it done via Prime and not have to deal with the service centre people.

IIRC, Prime has never promoted their sales claiming they will take care of the rma running around too.

So if they are facing issues or are discontinuing what used to be their USP for many buyers, we cannot/should not complain.

But they will also be aware of and responsible for the possible consequences.

Is there any store that i can immediately suggest as a suitable replacement to Prime, esp one that takes care of rma promptly? Can't think of one at the moment. :(

It took around 2 months to get a VX450 rmaed and 3 or more months approx to get a Palit 4850 rmaed, a few months back.

But i didn't start a thread- i couldn't.

Because i knew the issue was at Kaizen/Corsair and Tirupati's end.

Ashok sir and Mangesh did all that was necessary.

Matters got delayed more as they had to renegotiate on my behalf as an inferior replacement was being provided by the distro.

NO One handles such headache imho- but they did even though they had sold the product for as much as any other dealer at Lammy did.

They have given me and many others 'fairly decent-very good' service over the past few years.

Things have been a bit rocky ever since Meenal mam left but Ashok sir has tried his best to manage sales and even RMA (which is not his dept i think)

Is there any store that i can immediately suggest as a suitable replacement to Prime, esp one that takes care of rma promptly? Still can't think of one at the moment. :(

p.s. The fruits of competitive pricing and RMA handling by Prime the past few years were enjoyed by us because of some legendary TE members.

Those gems, some of whom are not here or not with us anymore :cry:, regularly debated with Gulbir sir for good prices, etc.

Prime used to be a pricey store at one point of time.

But regular inputs from some gurus maybe made them realise the potential of sales via the college and young-techie crowd had,

if pricing and service was competitive and equal for all- whether they come in a merc or on 2 legs.

I hope they are able to sort out any issues soon if what is happening now is due to that. :)

Hey Guys,

I have never posted on Te though we give a lot of credit to all the members for helping us become what we are today. We strive to be better as we grow and are always open to suggestions and critics. If not for our critics we would have never reached where we are. I thank all of you for all your support and suggestions. Lately we are going thru some internal up-gradations within our company. Yes things are not as they should be and i have no shame to admit it. Have never got the time to browse through the forum but will make it a point to check every saturday. Its important to be connected to your customers and understand them. All i can say is ABGB stands for Always Believe in Getting Better. We will have highs and lows but in the end well always be true and honest and sincere. Ill take this opportunity to become even better than before and will show the results in the time to come. I would like to thank the TE member who pointed our this thread to me.

Hey

Please send me a mail with your details of Rma will look into it personally and give you some solution by tomo evening irrespective of service centre support or no. You can mail me on gulbir@primebagb.com and keep the subject and Rma Delay

Met Mr Gulbir today morning :) at the service centre. He said he did real out few complaints (I believe he was talking about this thread) from TE in regards to RMA issues so he's in his RMA centre to get things straight (YEAH!!!! BOSS POWER FTW!!!!). BTW, to delhi folks, I've been told that NZXT will be sold in Delhi (most likely next week) and it will be distributed by RX infotech. In the very near future, NZXT will also be available in Kolkata.

FYI I RMAed a board and corsair TX750- got a new one after 5 days flat.

Back