Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Discussion Thread

Whoa... didn't even know there was one in the making :p. I thought after that ultra lame DX2, the franchise was dead. Hope this one lives up to the bars set by the first game.

Re: Deus Ex 3

Have to say that the new stats system doesn't bother me that much. Combat wasn't one of DX's strong points anyway.
But the auto-heal will need to be off-set by some really clever gameplay mechanics. Because combined with the stats independant combat, it could be game breaking.

Deus Ex 3 Details Emerge

Deus Ex 3 is being developed by Eidos Montreal. According to the Czech article, the game will feature smarter AI opponents, with squads centered around a squad leader. Cover will play an important role in the game, as well cybernetic abilities. Jensen will have X-ray vision, as well as the ability to do "multi-kills", which let him eliminate three to four enemies quickly. He also the ability to shoot wires out of his hand, which he can use to grapple to the sides of buildings.

The article further states that the game will rely less on RPG statistics and be more of an action game, but it will still feature RPG elements.

Deus Ex 3 is being developed for the PC, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360. The game doesn't have a hard release date of yet.
IGN: Deus Ex 3 Details Emerge

Re: [IGN] Deus Ex 3 Details Emerge

More details on this Czech site Deus Ex 3 - renesann kyberpunk - Preview - Hrateln.centrum.cz

-the world is ruled by megacorporations, more powerful than national governments. The conspiracy groups are setting these corporations against each other.

-the black ops slaughter the research division of the corporation Adam works at. The questions who and why is behind the attack are answered relatively soon into the game, however more serious questions arise with the answers.

-You will be regularly visiting Adam's apartment with many reminiscences of his past like photos and a diary

-The game takes place in five well-known metropoleis, mentioned were Shanghai, Detroit and Montreal

-Women play a large role in the game, some of them you've known for a long time, others will try to seduce or betray you, depending on your previous actions

-Bosses are included, their difficulty also depending on your previous actions

-The secret societies are just puppets for a shadowy figure who wants to take control over all of the market, society, and the human evolution.

-The events of the game will lead to the establishment of UNATCO

-The main villain is to be 'similiar' to Jensen

-a rescue mission across the globe later in the game

-squad based combat AI with a visually identifiable squad leader

Re: [IGN] Deus Ex 3 Details Emerge

Are dumbed-down console-friendly controls and HUD included for free, like they were with DX2? That game was so pathetic it wasn't funny.

I still enjoy firing up the original, inspite of the fact that the textures don't look so good at >1280x res. I don't think we'll ever have a game quite like that anymore - but one hopes.

Re: Deus Ex 3 Details Emerge

I'm expecting another DX2 rehash in a different package considering the fact that even this one will be dumbed down for consoles. I pray that I'm wrong :p.

The original is permanently there on my hard drive and shall never be deleted.

Re: Deus Ex 3 Details Emerge

i stll got a copy of the original game,dont remember how many times i played it though.DX2 might not make the same mistakes as the 2nd one did.hopefully we can expect a good game

Back