Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Discussion Thread

Re: Deus Ex : Human revolutions

We need to stick to a single thread henceforth. There are a bunch of them out there.

http://www.techenclave.com/gaming/deus-ex-3-a-120092.html

http://www.techenclave.com/gaming/deus-ex-3-teaser-102097.html

http://www.techenclave.com/gaming/deus-ex-3-teaser-101813.html

http://www.techenclave.com/gaming/deus-ex-3-details-emerge-127531.html

Shall ask a mod to merge them into one. :)

On topic, the trailer was kick ass. However I really hope the game doesn't require a big ass gfx card unlike the sequel. The original DX was a pure win.

asingh said:
Never played the original -- worth it..?

*echoes* Had a brief encounter with Invisible Wars, but didn't really understand the gameplay. But that was a long time ago and in a land far far away. Someone please explain the reason for the popularity of this franchise? I love the intro theme of Invisible Wars. It plays in a constant loop at times in my Touch.

The first game was fking epic, despite being 12 years old it is still better than half of the games being released these days. Second was an assault on senses.

Deus eX was epic, hadnt played the second part. The storyline was brilliant!! Hope they dont screw up the gameplay and story mechanism. One of my all time favorite!!

Ethan_Hunt said:
*echoes* Had a brief encounter with Invisible Wars, but didn't really understand the gameplay. But that was a long time ago and in a land far far away. Someone please explain the reason for the popularity of this franchise? I love the intro theme of Invisible Wars. It plays in a constant loop at times in my Touch.
Its one of the best RPG Shooters around. Invisible war wasn't as mush as the original. The gfx of the 1st one will look pretty medival if you play it now but the gameplay is just freaking awesome. I won't try to convince you to play the game but its a kind of game where if you get stuck in some stage due to bad decisions you may have to restart the game from beginning provided you don;t have any saves but i'm sure you'll do it without any second thought. Its an awesome mix of tactical strategy and stealth. The tranquilizer dart was my favourite weapon. I'm sure its also the same for many others.

When it came out it was pretty good looking, based on the Unreal Engine, and I had to run it Software Renderer because my 500 Mhz Celeron had only 4 MB of VRAM. The scope of the game was huge !! Imagine you wondering about the streets and picking up a scrap of paper (you could interact with almost anything), and it has the keycode to a secret vault of weapons or an ATM pin of a filthy rich dude.... The possibilities were endless, and the game was one of highest points in PC gaming. I hope the new one is half as good, I don't expect studios to produce something close to the original nowadays.

Actually, this is a prequel, so you would be fine. Just play the original Deus Ex afterwards, or you would be missing something.

Already seen the trailer 4 times.. gonna watch it again :)
jc36lect3r said:
Actually, this is a prequel, so you would be fine. Just play the original Deus Ex afterwards, or you would be missing something.
That is not a logical statement.
Case in example, Spartacus Blood and Sand -AND- Spartacus: Gods of the Arena. :|

Well the story comes BEFORE the events of Deus Ex, so I do think that's logical. It doesn't even feature JC Denton, the protagonist of Deus Ex, just how augmentations came into the picture. I haven't played any of the cases in example so cannot comment.

PC System Requirements revealed
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Minimum PC Specs:

OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 with DirectX 9.0c
PROCESSOR: 2 GHz dual core
RAM: 1 GB RAM (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 8000 series or ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better
REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Recommended PC Specs:

PROCESSOR: AMD Phenom II X4 or Intel Core 2 Quad or better
RAM: 2 GB
GRAPHICS: AMD Radeon HD 5850
REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB

Back