Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Discussion Thread

Re: Deus Ex : Human revolutions

I had to run Deus Ex in Software Renderer mode (P4 500 Mhz with 2MB shared VRAM :) ) when it came out. Pretty cutting edge I would say. The next generation has missed all the epic titles of 90's and early 2000, and now won't play them because they do not look pretty :|

PC System Requirements revealed

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Minimum PC Specs:

OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 with DirectX 9.0c

PROCESSOR: 2 GHz dual core

RAM: 1 GB RAM (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista and Windows 7)

GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 8000 series or ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better

REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Recommended PC Specs:

PROCESSOR: AMD Phenom II X4 or Intel Core 2 Quad or better

RAM: 2 GB

GRAPHICS: AMD Radeon HD 5850

REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB

Damn those Recommended specs of Deus Ex make me wanna cry

my new rig is outdated already

Go to hell Crytek, see a Console Port, using a consolized engine beat you to DX11 support, and you call your engine truly multi-platform. Well, LOL at that.

Early Deus Ex: Human Revolution Build Leaked onto Torrent Sites

Deus Ex: Human Revolution has been leaked onto torrent websites, as an early beta build of the game appeared on various illegal download sites on the web.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is set to revive the long dormant franchise, and Square Enix, its publisher, is pulling out all the stops in order to make sure that the game lives up to the legacy of its previous titles, Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Invisible War.

The game was pushed back from its initial launch in spring of this year, and is now expected to arrive in August for the PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms.

Unfortunately for Square Enix, it seems that an early beta build of Deus Ex: Human Revolution has been leaked onto bittorrent websites, and is now available for download to hundreds of thousands of pirates.

This isn't the full game, however, as the download weighs in at 3.98GB, and clearly says that it is just a preview build containing the opening segments of the upcoming game.

The title is playable, however, and completely stable, so those who do opt to download it illegally will be able to go through at least the introductory portions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution months before the actual game is released.

Given the short nature of this leaked build, it's pretty obvious that this is the same version of the game that was given to various media outlets which posted recent previews of the first 10 hours of the new Deus Ex game.

If so, then Square Enix really needs to tighten up security when working with early builds of its games, at least on the PC platform.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a prequel to the original Deus Ex title, and sees players take on the role of Adam Jensen, who handles security for Sarif Industries, a company that makes different augmentations for humans.

He uses all sorts of unique powers in order to hunt down terrorists and stop the smear campaign against the company.

The game is looking extremely sharp, so it's a shame that an early build of it was leaked months ahead of its planned release. This also happened with Crysis 2 earlier this year.

Source: Softpedia

Dues Ex Human Revolution Preview Build Impressions :

GRAPHICS :
The art design is brilliant. Almost as good as Mass Effect. Unfoprtunately I cannot say the same about the game's graphics. One word : "Horrible". There is simply no excuse to how ridiculously terrible the graphics look. The textures are piss poor and the character models look like something straight out of a PS2 game. The bad graphics are a major distraction from an otherwise solid gameplay. I hope things are going to change in the final build because at its present state it just wouldn't cut it with the gamers.

Rating : 5/10

GAMEPLAY :
Solid and fluid. I have only played the game for an hour or so but so far my experience has been pretty good. There is a new cover system which maybe a little confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, its pretty neat. The game plays fine with a controller too. I have not played it enough to really nitpick about the things I do not like, so far it plays like any other shooter although the player movements are very fluid which is great.

Rating : 8/10

Optimization :
I am using a 5770 and I am running this on max settings at 1920x1080 resolution in DX 11 mode. I am getting very smooth framerates which suggests that the game is nicely optimized. But this shouldn't really come as a surprise given how terrible the game graphics really look.

Rating : 10/10

Presentation :
The presentation is solid. As mentioned, the art design is awesome which really adds to the presentation of the game. The cutscenes are pre-rendered but they look as bad as the game's actual graphics. There is no shortage of style though, the story so far seems interesting.

Rating : 7/10

Overall : 7/10

Pros :
Solid Gameplay, good presentation, great art design and a decent story.

Cons : Terrible graphics, pre-rendered cutscenes which look equally terrible.

As I said, I played it too little to really comment on the quality of the game. But from the looks of it, the gameplay and story look solid. But even a great gameplay wont be able to save this with such horrible graphics. If the graphics are not improved for the final build, this game is doomed.

cranky said:
The silence on this thread is deafening...
I am sure there are other Deus Ex fans that are staying out of this thread for fear of spoilers and/or retribution for having let slip that they've played the preview build. :p

I played the first two missions in the preview, and the game is brilliant. I think I'll stop here but it is a long wait to the game's release.

Personally, I always consider a game's graphics as graphics+aesthetics so this definitely looks good to me. It also means the game will run on mid-end and low-end cards as well. I was able to push 2560x1600 on a single 6950.

The augmentation system is setup nicely and the hacking segments are interesting as well. (I usually find these mini-games a chore).

The conversation system feels like there needs some thought to get the outcome that you desire. (Unlike Mass Effect 1 where the choices seem very obvious).

Shooting is OK, but nothing brilliant. A definite step up from DX 1. The cover mechanic seems very fluid and hopefully won't be a hindrance.

The menus are very nice. Zero lag in changing screens and not clunky at all. It is a bit sad that this is considered a pleasant surprise. PC menus should never be clunky.

The ability to turn off highlighting is also very nice to have.

Now a few nitpicks

1) Mouse Lag/acceleration - It is in. Also, the x and y axes sensitivities are not equal. Hopefully there is a menu option in the final game or as part of a settings file. I tried to turn this off through the Logitech setpoint software, but didn't help much.

2) Play Style Balancing - The game is a bit biased towards playing in stealth mode, due to the higher XP it gives you for each take-down. I like playing that way, so not an issue for me but could be a bit of a problem for others.

3) Aiming from Cover - This feels a bit cheap/easy, but I can get around it by not using it.

4) Pre-order bonuses - **** everything about pre-order or version specific items. Cosmetic items I can understand, but in game weapons?! Especially in DX? There is a one-time use item that can unlock a door/safe of any tech level even if you do not have the required augmentation level ( it is expensive, so has to be used sparingly), it is a pre-order only item. I am never pre-ordering a game. I will always judge a game on the lowest common denominator of it's features. (/Excuse the rant. THis just pisses me off).

Also, I am really tempted to get this...

Sci-Fi Genre: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Play Arts - Kai Adam Action Figure, Square Enix - $42.50

I'll see if I can get some screen shots.

comp@ddict said:
How?? Where did you get to play it??

PM !!!

It's the preview build available on the intertubes. Even the Eidos Montreal official forums have been indirectly encouraging people to play the review build and pass on any feedback.

comp@ddict said:
How?? Where did you get to play it??

PM !!!

Have you not read the thread in which you are posting? All the comments above you are impressions about the leaked preview build. Really how could you miss that? :p

Sorry, I missed that one post only.

I must say I'm tempted to download, but lie in the case of Crysis 2, I would like to give the developers a chance to COMPLETE their game and then I would actually dare to give them a score for their hard work.

Back