Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Discussion Thread

@ quan chi

After the patch the save games path changes to the app date local folder,,copy ur original saves to that new location and ur ready to go,,,i just patched yesterday :)

kvikram said:
Sometimes this game feels a little too yellow. Yellow, yellow, yellow everywhere.

This. I dont know who thought it would be a great idea to just put yellow/orange on every single thing. It looks really odd.

Well for all those of you with nVidia Cards, there was a mod released a while ago which removed the gold filter.

Search for it. I forgot the name.

Wow. That's a great improvement in eye candy. You know, if third party modders have been able to do this, it almost makes me feel like the developers were a little lazy in the technical department. Why couldn't they have done this themselves?

I'm playing it as of now and I feel it surely does play like a AAA title.

May be I just got lucky but it took 30 seconds to take down Barrett using a frag grenade and 3 remote detonated devices without firing a bullet, on hardest difficulty ie Give me Deus Ex level :eek:hyeah:

kestrel5915 said:
May be I just got lucky but it took 30 seconds to take down Barrett using a frag grenade and 3 remote detonated devices without firing a bullet, on hardest difficulty ie Give me Deus Ex level :eek:hyeah:

Impressive! :)

Way to go man.

Can someone please pass on their PC save file to me? I need to complete the DLC. :)

Ninja edit: Silly me. Totally forgot this is a stand-alone DLC and we don't need the earlier save. :p

^Yup this is a standalone DLC. Glad I need not install the original game and waste some space on the SSD!

Hopefully I should be able to begin the game by evening. :p

Black_Hawk said:
Great Gannu, enjoy playing the DLC. I'm not going anywhere from Mass Effect 2 now... can't leave Miranda for now, lol! ;)

I can understand. Please continue with ME 2. :p

And yeah do post your impressions on the ME/ME 2 thread.

Started 'The Missing Link' yesterday and had quite some progress. I am afraid this might turn out to be a short affair. The standalone DLC doesn't require the original game installation nor the saves. Which also means that all that augmentation upgrades which were done in the original game until this particular sequence is not taken into account. Recall the sequence which happens when Adam boards one of the Belltower's ships bound to the Omega Ranch facility at Singapore from the Heng Sha island after detonating the bomb, when the distraction helps Tong's son escape. This DLC serves as a filler for this sequence.

A cutscene at the start of the game shows a brutally beaten up and bleeding Jensen captured by the Belltower associates and being questioned after being tied to some sort of an electromagnetic chair that inhibits the use of augmentations. Unfortunately all the gear has been taken away by them and is stashed inside some remote locker on the ship. Jensen must now find his gear and fight his way out of this ship. And the game begins.

The improved lighting effects are apparent and so is the attention to detail in the level designs (as was the case with the original game). The design of the vessel and the several objects for instance. The double bollards, containers stacked one above the other, bunk beds inside the living quarters, cryogenic stasis pods inside the storage area etc.

If the devs. had thought of the possibility of importing the save file from the original game, the augmentations unlocked until the particular sequence could have been retained. But never mind since Jensen starts with a bunch of augs. unlocked and several praxis kits.

Back