Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Discussion Thread

crvinay_4u said:
Even Namir wasn't so tough.A single typhoon was enough for him to start begging :bleh:

dude, how did u manage to fire typhoon in this encounter? I tried all the keys, but for some reason the typhoon would just refuse to fire. In the end, I think it kind off made the fight a lot more fun. Typhoon is seriously OP. The dudette died in 2 shots without even having to shoot at her.

^Namir that son of a b1tch! Took me at least three attempts. Later, decided to drop some mines on either sides and waited patiently so I'd know when he'd turn up when the mines begin to blow up. Took me a couple of shots from the shotgun to take him down. Poor guy had taken hit from the mines. :p

pretttt said:
dude, how did u manage to fire typhoon in this encounter? I tried all the keys, but for some reason the typhoon would just refuse to fire.

The Typhoon maybe didn't work for you because:

You had installed Jensen's Biochip at LIMB clinic earlier in the game and in-turn his augmented powers got jammed in that boss fight disabling the power to fire a Typhoon.

Black_Hawk said:

You had installed Jensen's Biochip at LIMB clinic earlier in the game and in-turn his augmented powers got jammed in that boss fight disabling the power to fire a Typhoon.
I forgot to visit the limb center that time and i guess i was lucky :D

Gannu said:
^Namir that son of a b1tch! Took me at least three attempts. Later, decided to drop some mines on either sides and waited patiently so I'd know when he'd turn up when the mines begin to blow up. Took me a couple of shots from the shotgun to take him down. Poor guy had taken hit from the mines. :p

I kept collecting the items from the pedestals and kept "emp"ing and using the Laser on him. Once I got used to evading his grenades taking him down was simple but still took a good 4-5 minutes.
I think the Dragon Boss in Witcher 2 took less time.

Black_Hawk said:
^^ Oh yeah... she is a real stunner :p

I remember having a tough time beating Barrett, it took me a few tries to finish him off. That Gatling gun on his arm... uugh!

i killed Barret by zapping him 16 times continuously with my Stun Gun or Taser or WTF it is called
same with Fedorova though it took her 24 shots and 10 shots from the heavy machine gun('cause i was out of darts:p)
though i went on to play the level once again using only the machine gun and the power generators

^^Damn!

i have already overwritten those save files :(

reached the 99 save cap in Montreal's lower levels itself

will have to play through it again and FRAP it if i want to make a video

Black_Hawk said:

oh shitt!! Yes dude, you are correct! Damn I'm gullible in games also!!

pretttt said:
oh shitt!! Yes dude, you are correct! Damn I'm gullible in games also!!
Dude.When zhao presses the control,something must have happened right.Nothing happened to me because i forgot to visit the limb centre..

OT:Why is everyone's avatar as "GANNU PLAY RA.ONE" ??

crvinay_4u said:
Dude.When zhao presses the control,something must have happened right.Nothing happened to me because i forgot to visit the limb centre

Yes, when Zhao presses the control she activates a signal for all mechanically augmented people having Biochips (which includes Jensen if he has installed that Biochip at the LIMB Clinic earlier). This signal is meant to deactivate all augmented powers. Dang!

:Why is everyone's avatar as "GANNU PLAY RA.ONE" ??

Answer this too please! xD

I hope the BioChip hasn't been installed in me yet.

In Picus Communications chasing after Eliza Kessan, Have entered her secret underground lair. Ended up killing two stealth guys and stunning a heavy.

I have a question about this game. The reviews talk a lot about the element of choice. Is "choice" the way you approach a mission (i.e. stealth or FPS-style)? Or is it making choices like in an RPG where you can make story-changing choices with different endings? Or both?

kvikram said:
I have a question about this game. The reviews talk a lot about the element of choice. Is "choice" the way you approach a mission (i.e. stealth or FPS-style)? Or is it making choices like in an RPG where you can make story-changing choices with different endings? Or both?

Its the way u approach a mission, first one...

I have just completed the game...

kvikram said:

I felt it was more of how you handle going through situations or traversing through certain environments in the game. Whether you want to stealth it out, or go guns blazing. Also, which side quests you want to complete is a choice upto the player (I for one loved the side quests and at times forgot the main quests I was so deeply involved in completing the side quests!) There is another choice of which augmentations you want to upgrade, spend your praxis kits on and which augs you want to use in the game to help you succeed. :)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC: Adam Jensen goes Solid Snake

Ars said:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution gives players a story that's already fully realized, but the upcoming "Missing LInks" DLC will flesh out a section of Adam Jensen's adventure that the original game glossed over. There is a segment in the original game where Jensen is forced to turn himself into cargo, and while the original release seemed to imply that the voyage was uneventful, in reality he was found, his augmentations were reset to zero, and Jensen was forced to fight his way to freedom.

This new section of the game takes place on a ship at sea, and it's hard to avoid getting a Metal Gear Solid 2 vibe from the proceedings. Jensen sneaks around, takes out fools when necessary, and the rolling sea provides a suitably epic backdrop. While very little was added to the story in the preview code I was able to play, we're being promised that new layers to the conspiracy will be uncovered during this portion of the game, and new characters will be introduced.

Back