Google Announces Nexus 5 At $349, Coming Soon To India At Rs 28,999

Doesn't it have a 2300mAH battery?

Really wish they had included a bigger battery. G2 and Z1 have 3000mAH batteries. :( Otherwise looks super. I can do without an SD card, though battery size is an issue.

Did u shift to india yesterday?

Aren't you allowed to carry two phones? His friend can always say one's issued by the office and the other one is for personal use. Why would he be penalized for that?

You make it sound like an apocalypse will hit him if he's caught. IIRC, even you've imported quite a significant number of Nexus 4s in the past. If you can get away with that, this guy is getting one measly phone via his friend.

All my Samsung S4 lovin friends and many using Xperia Z ,z1 etc are all crying like butthurt people and trying to bash NExus 5 xD.

Aren't you allowed to carry two phones? His friend can always say one's issued by the office and the other one is for personal use. Why would he be penalized for that?

You make it sound like an apocalypse will hit him if he's caught. IIRC, even you've imported quite a significant number of Nexus 4s in the past. If you can get away with that, this guy is getting one measly phone via his friend.

I dont carry it in / smuggle it in , all were fully declared , insured and customs paid.There is a difference , when you are smuggling in , a new phone in sealed condition.

Customs paid? Didn't you have someone known at customs?

See if you get a phone worth say 50k in your bag, sealed piece and the custom officer asks you about that, he will charge you custom duty over for that 15k (50k -35k duty free) amount which would probably 35% of 15k. But if he does not ask you anything or does not care, then it s just your luck.
There is nothing like ALLOWED phone free or anything. Moreover the amount customs determines of the phone is what they want (in omit off course ) and many a times they will not care about your invoice.
I think this what the other person is trying to mention.

Finally my US friend has placed order for my Black Nexus 5 32gb...... but not sure when they will deliver o_O
x5bn.jpg

& I need to pay him 441 x 62 = 27342 INR.

I think its less than the cost of 16gb one launching in India. :joyful::D

AND HELLOO People, there is no customs when you have a person bringing in an electronic item for you.

Of course, if you are carrying 3 sealed boxes of phones its going to raise some eyebrows. But, one phone? No way. The guy bringing it in can always say its for personal use.

I have got many electronics thru my mama who travels to the US frequently and never paid customs till now.

Of course, if you want to be a law abiding citizen and go and declare it yourself, then obviously you will have to pay OR if you are importing through an agency like PPOBox.

Finally my US friend has placed order for my Black Nexus 5 32gb...... but not sure when they will deliver o_O
x5bn.jpg

Yep it makes sense to buy from the US if you have a friend who can get it for you.

I can understand S4 owners crying, but I don't see an HTC One/Xperia Z1 owner crying over the Nexus 5.

Nexus 5 16 GB - 29k
Xperia Z1 16 GB - 39k

For the 10k premium, I get:
  1. a much needed micro SD card slot, a capable 20 MP shooter
  2. a much more premium aluminium-glass build
  3. larger 3,000 mAh battery
  4. bundled in-ear earphones with a mic (very useful for a person who talks a lot on the phone)
  5. water and dust proof phone
  6. ...and many free goodies too (Music Unlimited trail, free movies including Elysium, free PlayStation Mobile games, etc.).
There's a leather case and portable charger also included in the package (limited edition, both). Either way, the 10k premium is completely justified.

Not saying that the Nexus 5 is bad, but just saying that the Xperia Z1/HTC One/LG G2 cost 36-39k for a reason, and they deliver the value for the extra price that you pay.

Last edited:
x5bn.jpg

I guess you are the first guy from here. :O[DOUBLEPOST=1383470203][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have got many electronics thru my mama who travels to the US frequently and never paid customs till now.
And how many can she carry at once? And how did she carry them?

Last edited:
Back