Google Announces Nexus 5 At $349, Coming Soon To India At Rs 28,999

I can understand S4 owners crying, but I don't see an HTC One/Xperia Z1 owner crying over the Nexus 5.

Nexus 5 16 GB - 29k -- 32gb @27500 incl tax + shipping
Xperia Z1 16 GB - 39k

For the 10k premium, I get:
  1. a much needed micro SD card slot, a capable 20 MP shooter
    Say this to iOS users, they will justify with hell lot of reasons :p and I am no cam freak but will luv OIS stuff on N5.
  2. a much more premium aluminium-glass build
    Build of N5 is quite good......anyways everyone(me also) uses some type of case or cover to protect their phones
  3. larger 3,000 mAh battery
    Have to check this, since I heard some optimizations of battery usage in Kit-Kat.
  4. bundled in-ear earphones with a mic (very useful for a person who talks a lot on the phone)
    I already have two earphones, one of samsung phone and other Techfusion Twin-woofers
  5. water and dust proof phone
    Nexus failed at this point, so does iPhone 5S, S4 & HTC One
  6. ...and many free goodies too (Music Unlimited trail, free movies including Elysium, free PlayStation Mobile games, etc.)
    Sorry I have my pc, torrents and playstore :p
    Actually thing is that Nexus is launched with very less stocks, so everyone can't take this.You can see my order, it will ship in good 3 weeks.
    Even if launched in India, it will get OOS in hours or so..........with deliveries slated in few months.
    This will be black-marketed for this reason alone, same happened with Nexus 5 pricing @ 500-600$ on ebay at launch time.

Yep but u r getting it cheaper. In essence u sacrifice warranty for a cheaper phone.

FYI, the guy in the article's calculations seem to be a bit off from the current dollar rates.

FYI, the guy in the article's calculations seem to be a bit off from the current dollar rates.

;)
21.6k($349) for Nexus + ($18) tax + ($15) google shipping + ($10) shipping via third party + (7% of the product) Customs = Rs.27,807

I see wrong in calculation.

Last edited:
Orders i placed for my friends reached hopshopgo, should reach in 2-3 days..
Hey Buddy. How did u pay for the phone, since google dosent accept indian credit cards anymore and does a check on the credit card numbner which u provide? what are the shipping charges of hopshopgo ???

[PrateekS, post: 1888104, member: 47651"]Orders i placed for my friends reached hopshopgo, should reach in 2-3 days..[/quote]

Prateek whats the cost of cancelling an nexus order I have ordered one 32 GB white[DOUBLEPOST=1383583357][/DOUBLEPOST]
[PrateekS, post: 1888104, member: 47651"]Orders i placed for my friends reached hopshopgo, should reach in 2-3 days..

Prateek whats the cost of cancelling an nexus order I have ordered one 32 GB white[/quote]
someone please let me know i may have to cancel this tomorrow :(

Last edited:
[PrateekS1888104, member: 47651"]Orders i placed for my friends reached hopshopgo, should reach in 2-3 days..

Prateek whats the cost of cancelling an nexus order I have ordered one 32 GB white[DOUBLEPOST=1383583357][/DOUBLEPOST]

Prateek whats the cost of cancelling an nexus order I have ordered one 32 GB white[/quote]
someone please let me know i may have to cancel this tomorrow :([/quote]
Update unable cancel its showing my order is already near delivery :D :(

^After shipping , only way of cancelling is rejecting delivery , but ppobox/hopshopgo cant reject parcels.[DOUBLEPOST=1383674383][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey Buddy. How did u pay for the phone, since google dosent accept indian credit cards anymore and does a check on the credit card numbner which u provide? what are the shipping charges of hopshopgo ???

entropay works.

Please delete the shop your world link, some poor people will come here via Google search and might buy it.

Ishop is quoting 31k for 16gb on purpose, i thought it was a mistake at first. But knew it was intentional when everyone started getting quotes of 31k.

Please delete the shop your world link, some poor people will come here via Google search and might buy it.

Ishop is quoting 31k for 16gb on purpose, i thought it was a mistake at first. But knew it was intentional when everyone started getting quotes of 31k.
2k premium to get it early. I think its fair.

Back