GTA 4 - Discussion Thread

Re: GTA 4 General Discussions

Dude chill man , it was just a reference , it may not be working for you , but it working great for me , I get 30-35 fps at high.

Nothing to get pissed , just see the video again , the PC version looks twice good as the XBOX 360 version , if you can't spot that , then I guess you are the biggest blind here and a XBOX fanboy.

I am happy with my GTA 4 for PC , And I have no regrets of having pre-ordered it even when the initial price was Rs. 1299/-.

Not everyone is whining about GTA 4 on PC like you , those who are happy with what fps they are getting and are playing and posting screenshots here.

Check a few pics posted by Nitari in the Post your In game pics thread , and then talk.

If you want I can post a video on how it runs on my pc , and my pc is no Ultra high end with a Quad core and GTX 280 or HD 4870.

Have a nice day....

Nitari added you to freinds in Live , add me as well.

Joy :bshit:

cellar_door said:
Yes except for getting the game nearly a year later, a crappy port, no extra content and having to jump through half a dozen hoops just to install and play.

Of course all of it is worth is for that 10 percent extra graphical power. :rolleyes:

And if you actually think the Xbox version looks like SA you are either totally blind or bitter about having to wait. I have played both the versions extensivly (finished the game on the 360 and played it on the PC as well) and I can tell you that at medium settings (which is all my rig can handle, although it can do Crysis at high) the differance isnt noticeable.

Console versions of games as a rule are almost always inferior to the PC versions but this is possibly the worst example of that rule.

I just have a small question.. Should I buy this game or download a cracked version? I don't mind buying if it can be played online on a 512kbps connection.. I see many of u bought it.. how has your experience been with Secure ROM, windows live, social club nonsense..

Thanks.

Ankur. said:
I just have a small question.. Should I buy this game or download a cracked version? I don't mind buying if it can be played online on a 512kbps connection.. I see many of u bought it.. how has your experience been with Secure ROM, windows live, social club nonsense..

Thanks.

Yes , I have a MTNL 512kbps Unlimited broadband connection as well , also it cheap yaar , buy it. :D

Ankur. said:
hey guys my custom controls get reset every time i start gta4.. any idea why it happens?

Thanks.
Did you upgrade your graphic card drivers? Also do your graphic settings in the game also reset?

If yes then to fix that you need to delete the setting.cfg file from C:\Documents and Settings\*User Name*\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings directory & launch the game again. Thereby it should create a fixed setting file & you should be good to go.

Guys,

I am unable to remap the Radio controls (off, channel change etc). Everytime i change it and quit the game, it resets back to default

Other control changes are ok

ok i've finished the mission a dish served cold so now what shud i do roans wedding is at 10 am and when it is 10 am nothing happens please help :(

ubergeek said:
ok i've finished the mission a dish served cold so now what shud i do roans wedding is at 10 am and when it is 10 am nothing happens please help :(

So I take it that you have chosen the 'Revenge' ending. In that case, after you complete 'Dish cold served' you will first call Roman & let him know about the Dimitri. You'll also call up Kate to let her know about the same. On that pretext, she agrees to go with you to the wedding. So you'll have to Suit up for the wedding & pick up Kate at her residence in Dukes. Just check the map & set a beacon up for Kate's destination. Then you head to Roman's wedding at the Church.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Did you upgrade your graphic card drivers? Also do your graphic settings in the game also reset?

If yes then to fix that you need to delete the setting.cfg file from C:\Documents and Settings\*User Name*\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings directory & launch the game again. Thereby it should create a fixed setting file & you should be good to go.

Thanks.. it worked!:hap2:

Ahhh i curse my self for not being able to play the game .Installed it after struggling for 3 hrs but got 1 or 3 FPS :mad: :mad: Btb My game is for sale at no charge giving it free some one wanna grab it but no lollipop girl :p

whats ur addiction level in GTA4???

mine is "Wake up buzz"

u can find it in the game stats .........

post it here

Back