GTA 4 - Discussion Thread

Re: Stable ATi Drivers for GTA IV

the game simply refuses to get past the resource usage of 501mb (thats 48 clicks) for draw distance ... although i can unlock it by adding "-nomemrestrict" .. but iam pretty sure it will load the fail safe ... lemme try

Re: GTA 4 - PC (Requires 4GB RAM to run on HIGH)

I know all you people will laugh when I post my PC specs lol. But please do let me know if GTA 4 will work on my PC. Don't care if it's low settings or not. Help me make up my mind to purchase my first game ever. :D Never got around to *buying* games. :)

Config:

Pentium D915

7600 GS 512 mb

1 gb DDR2 (can upgrade to 3gb for the game)

And yeah... I'm obviously not a serious gamer. :) But I've been waiting for GTA 4 for a while.

delirious? said:
I know all you people will laugh when I post my PC specs lol. But please do let me know if GTA 4 will work on my PC. Don't care if it's low settings or not. Help me make up my mind to purchase my first game ever. :D Never got around to *buying* games. :)

Config:
Pentium D915
7600 GS 512 mb
1 gb DDR2 (can upgrade to 3gb for the game)

And yeah... I'm obviously not a serious gamer. :) But I've been waiting for GTA 4 for a while.

i am afraid to say it wont run :( ...your machine is below minimum specs

you may give the "ahem" version a try and then decide to buy it or not;)

Gracious. But darn it. I so badly wanna play this game, as with others. My inet will take too long to get the *ahem* version. :( Hopefully someone will get it soon.

As I said, I'm not a serious gamer. All I play is GTA (hopefully), CoD (World at War played fine) and CS. If I buy a new gfx card, I'll have to buy more RAM as well. I don't think its worth it just to play GTA IV. Thanks anyway! :)

the new Nvidia driver due out brings a vast improvement to the gameplay. I have experienced an easy 15 fps difference on my 8800gt. Trust me , it is so much more playable compared to the screeching 20 fps earlier.

it would be atleast playable on my rig at max. resolution & max. graphics , with 16XAA

resolution : 1024*768 max. for my monitor:p

but, thinking of upgrading RAM to 4GB .......but currently priority for other compoenets is high........my 4yrs OLD DVD RW got screwed:mad:

Sudarshan_SMD said:
it would be atleast playable on my rig at max. resolution & max. graphics , with 16XAA

resolution : 1024*768 max. for my monitor:p

but, thinking of upgrading RAM to 4GB .......but currently priority for other compoenets is high........my 4yrs OLD DVD RW got screwed:mad:

ders no AA in gta 4:mad: huh

delirious? said:
As I said, I'm not a serious gamer. All I play is GTA (hopefully), CoD (World at War played fine) and CS. If I buy a new gfx card, I'll have to buy more RAM as well. I don't think its worth it just to play GTA IV. Thanks anyway! :)
Why dont you just give it a shot anyway ? At 500rs. (I think predator is selling it for 400 even) it makes a lot more sense buying it than downloading and after a couple of weeks and with driver updates you might be able to play it a low settings. If that doesnt work out you can always save the game and use it with your next upgrade.

Plus you get to be a guinea pig for a lot of others :lol:

sahilshah1987 said:
ders no AA in gta 4:mad: huh

theres no AA for GTA4 ?????

well how come it does not had ?..........any body who has got the came can reveal .

atleast , GTA SA had AA .........i wonder if GTA IV dosen't

Sudarshan_SMD said:
theres no AA for GTA4 ?????

well how come it does not had ?..........any body who has got the came can reveal .

atleast , GTA SA had AA .........i wonder if GTA IV dosen't

nope there is no in-game setting for AA :bleh: there is texture and gfx quality only ;)

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
i got 4gb ram and i tried it with 2gb tooo , the funny thing is the difference of 1fps :p
Its been noticed game depends more on processor ...quad ones aregettijng good benchmarks :p

Back