GTA 4 - Discussion Thread

Re: GTA 4 - PC (Requires 4GB RAM to run on HIGH)

O boy wonder what the requirements for Just Cause 2 and Mafia 2 will be?

Re: GTA 4 - PC (Requires 4GB RAM to run on HIGH)

joy1 said:
Check this video out , it runs like crap on this guys pc , wonder what his config is :-

YouTube - Grand Theft Auto IV PC Demonstration (With Gameplay) Part 3

Many are complaining about the how slow it runs , especially ATI owners.

Here :- GTAForums.com -> General PC Chat

Lets hope my 8800 GTX can handle this.

that guy has p4 3.2 ghz 1.5gb ram and a 8600gt card and also the recording is going in background eating precious processing power ...hence the low fps ...:tongue:

Stable ATi Drivers for GTA IV

hey guys,

my game was buggy for lack of textures shown below :

gtaiv2008-12-0512-25-22-21.jpg

gtaiv2008-12-0512-27-47-27.jpg

yep .. my impressions were just like the abbreviation written on the cab "WTF" ...

found these drivers :

ATI released a RC3 of his new Catalyst driver (version 8.12)

With this driver is GTA IV fully playable and it starts without problems.

The fix is for this models:

HD - 3650 , 3850 , 3870 , 4850 , 4870 , 4870x2 (worked for my 2900 as well and maybe will work on all models )

and after install everything is fixed now

ATgAAAD0pWkYOXs0nHn1bBHSZJNz60dCW3tcpCSI2LdkfJBjKd_qnMJHEvrGaVliqFBbU_WYrZpJQOe_UW-TdLG3tMRuAJtU9VCW4cqcdJitPXP7nRBGnWPC0NF3Hw.jpg

ATYAAAAcD4FdVxmJlsbg_q2Uc1V43Ez5T-a1gGgpHYu0tVfiNDC0jl8QQrHjiGSVsOolfJidDU91SgNFkWgV_yrbizIbAJtU9VADnCFj0rdxtj7cEkAN9lIrQA6sWQ.jpg

ATgAAAAYLh2yGdkkYpHO0_nDIwj4AfZO835Sgvb0skWnCWEV-GbiKnhVQBR069fM-9n4b4PU-F4zHS3jIhwaMgiBn6VUAJtU9VCwIzWLny0TnM7yyYMAWpi2Ay-tmw.jpg

people hav also reported that they are getting better FPS in other games ... if u got any problems in GTA IV use these drivers and lemme know if u need any mirror

Re: Stable ATi Drivers for GTA IV

thanks dude,btb game looks sexy,did u purchase the game from steam??

one small info needed ,will the game play in any settings on my HD3470 128MB card,please check my siggy for my lappy config too lazy to type

metalspree said:
thanks dude,btb game looks sexy,did u purchase the game from steam??

one small info needed ,will the game play in any settings on my HD3470 128MB card,please check my siggy for my lappy config too lazy to type

Looking at all the forums , you will run the game on low and still gets fps issues , mainly beacuse you have only 128MB VRAM , unless the patch or drivers comes out.ATI drivers are out as posted above , now its Nvidia 's turn :huh:

Thanks for the infor joy1 , i am happy that i can at least play the game in low settings ,i have ordered the game thru vj ,now at least i guess i haven't wasted money on purchasing the game ,cant play the game till 19th of December as i am preparing for a exam on 18th , bythe time i start the play all issues must have been sorted out

I would care less about the graphical glitches & worry more about the frame rate issues. Can anyone confirm if it has provided a substantial boost or none at all? OR Will we have to wait for Rockstar to fix this mess up?

Ethan_Hunt said:
I would care less about the graphical glitches & worry more about the frame rate issues. Can anyone confirm if it has provided a substantial boost or none at all? OR Will we have to wait for Rockstar to fix this mess up?

hey bro i dont understand how u wont be bothered by the graphics glitches on normal drivers, have u seen the pics ajex has posted. ur game is gonna run like that :p forget about fps for a moment

For me, frame rate is a very big concern. I can't accept performance drop at any cost. Minor drops are fine but running the game below 20 frames is like butchering the game. With all the hoopla surrounding this game bringing the highest end rigs to it's knees is a joke. Glitches can be fixed to some extent but frame rates/game optimisation is something which developers need to think of when they develop the game. After that it just leads to a bunch of haywire patches & graphic driver updates which hardly fixes much.

Hence this is a gradual concern. It's like 'being able to start the game' & 'being able to play the game'. That's how big the difference is & which are 2 different things. :)

Ethan_Hunt said:
For me, frame rate is a very big concern. I can't accept performance drop at any cost. Minor drops are fine but running the game below 20 frames is like butchering the game. With all the hoopla surrounding this game bringing the highest end rigs to it's knees is a joke. Glitches can be fixed to some extent but frame rates/game optimisation is something which developers need to think of when they develop the game. After that it just leads to a bunch of haywire patches & graphic driver updates which hardly fixes much.

Hence this is a gradual concern. It's like 'being able to start the game' & 'being able to play the game'. That's how big the difference is & which are 2 different things. :)

i agree with u. u can say that about nfs Undercover which doesnt play so good, even though i get a constant 60 fps cut off on fraps.

what i meant is that even if u get a cool 60 fps on the game, how r u gonna enjoy it playing like this

get my point buddy? :D

Sidhu, I don't think you're getting my point. Graphical glitches & performance issues are 2 separate things. The latter has a very bad impact on the overall gameplay. It will sometimes make the game unplayable. Graphical glitches are taken care of but rarely does anyone address the performance issues later on. Hence my above statement. I used to get 30 frames with NFS: Undercover with everything on high. I said OK well this is very bad for a game that doesn't look so fantastic. Then suddenly someone out here popped up with a very good tip to disable the shadows. I did that & the frames jumped to 74 frames. Now atleast I could play the game properly. Before that I had just uninstalled it & vowed never to touch it.

You see that's how much a performance issue can impact your overall experience as opposed to graphical bugs.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Sidhu, I don't think you're getting my point. Graphical glitches & performance issues are 2 separate things. The latter has a very bad impact on the overall gameplay. It will sometimes make the game unplayable. Graphical glitches are taken care of but rarely does anyone address the performance issues later on. Hence my above statement. I used to get 30 frames with NFS: Undercover with everything on high. I said OK well this is very bad for a game that doesn't look so fantastic. Then suddenly someone out here popped up with a very good tip to disable the shadows. I did that & the frames jumped to 74 frames. Now atleast I could play the game properly. Before that I had just uninstalled it & vowed never to touch it.

You see that's how much a performance issue can impact your overall experience as opposed to graphical bugs.

agree with u buddy. i know graphical glitches can be handled by driver upgrades, while performance is a different story.

i just thought u were fine with playing the game this way

so thats y i commented. i understand what u mean :)

^LOL! It won't bother me as much as the frame drops but yes I would definitely not ignore that part as well. ;)

ajex said:
ATgAAAD0pWkYOXs0nHn1bBHSZJNz60dCW3tcpCSI2LdkfJBjKd_qnMJHEvrGaVliqFBbU_WYrZpJQOe_UW-TdLG3tMRuAJtU9VCW4cqcdJitPXP7nRBGnWPC0NF3Hw.jpg

ATYAAAAcD4FdVxmJlsbg_q2Uc1V43Ez5T-a1gGgpHYu0tVfiNDC0jl8QQrHjiGSVsOolfJidDU91SgNFkWgV_yrbizIbAJtU9VADnCFj0rdxtj7cEkAN9lIrQA6sWQ.jpg

ATgAAAAYLh2yGdkkYpHO0_nDIwj4AfZO835Sgvb0skWnCWEV-GbiKnhVQBR069fM-9n4b4PU-F4zHS3jIhwaMgiBn6VUAJtU9VCwIzWLny0TnM7yyYMAWpi2Ay-tmw.jpg

people hav also reported that they are getting better FPS in other games ... if u got any problems in GTA IV use these drivers and lemme know if u need any mirror
Whats your original resolution and gfx model ??? These screen's are resized by orkut !

Back