Is Aadhar and mobile linking mandatory

From what I read some time back, the social credit system in China is mainly a persecution platform. Apparently, people who make complaints about govt services and don't display a positive opinion of the govt online will apparently get down rated very quickly and get barred from jobs, colleges, services etc.It

It's not illegal to not have Aadhaar. If one is willing to live underground, it's possible. You'll have to deal in cash (and maybe Bitcoin). A lot of people already do that. You won't be able to file taxes (A lot of people already evade, and won't be too hard without a bank acocunt). And let's not kid ourselves, there'll be plenty of SIM cards and phone numbers available on the black market. Or just get your friend or family to link. IIRC, there's no limitation of phone numbers per Aadhaar number. But yes, there are private individuals and companies that are exercising their inner fascist selves even if the government doesn't tell them. If your local chaiwala starts asking for Aadhaar, then you'll probably have to get one or leave the country.

Well government is spreading aadhar web so much into everything that the day wont be far when even for using public toilet one have to show aadhar else you got no choice but litter outside or find a place to loosen yourself.
Even in brothels they might make it strict that unless the men got no proper identity don't entertain them. And to make a note in register as to who made it with whom. Facepalm!
Everything might get screwed.

So basically to survive in India one may or may not need food, clothing or shelter but yeah aadhar is must.

Well government is spreading aadhar web so much into everything that the day wont be far when even for using public toilet one have to show aadhar else you got no choice but litter outside or find a place to loosen yourself.
Even in brothels they might make it strict that unless the men got no proper identity don't entertain them. And to make a note in register as to who made it with whom. Facepalm!
Everything might get screwed.

So basically to survive in India one may or may not need food, clothing or shelter but yeah aadhar is must.

What Orwell's 1984 does by night, the current Indian government does by day.

Let that sink in for a moment.

so now everyone will get access to other peoples mobile numbers if someone goofed up. what could go wrong there. its an uidai feature you all knowing IT fool. /s

Has anyone linked Aadhar to data-only SIM like with Airtel 4G? I have a data-only SIM and got a couple of emails asking me to link and mentioning steps which includes "receive OTP" but, again, this is a data-only SIM, no calls or SMS on it. Anyone?

Annoying thing is I had given Aadhar photocopy at the time of getting the SIM back in 2015... I guess they are eager to get that fingerprint authentication for whatever reason.

Annoying thing is I had given Aadhar photocopy at the time of getting the SIM back in 2015... I guess they are eager to get that fingerprint authentication for whatever reason.

yes, they used the aadhaar only for address proof first. now because of supreme court ruling they have to match fingerprint too with aadhaar number to make sure only you are using the number and your aadhaar number is not used for verifying other peoples phone numbers.

^^^^ finally got my answer :D :D

All i have for now is a tweet but i think its legit

What is meant by penniless or does it mean your cards won't work in which case cash & cheque is fine

Does your phone not connect anymore , do you lose your number

They are relying on the fear of inconvenience

How good will compliance be not to mention enforcement

I remember airtel telling me to verfy my address or face disconnection. I did nothing. This was five years ago. I reasoned they would never cut off a paying customer. As it is if you want to leave them they have people work you over to hold on to you. Very clingy

Call their bluff. What happens next

Last edited:
vodafone is still sending me sms and emails every day -"Alert! 31st March 18 is the last day for verification. If you have aadhaar registered number bla bla.."

Back