Mosquito Troubles :(

pradeep200417

Shunya
Adept
I have been having a lot of problem sleeping due to mosquitoes biting me in the night when i sleep.
My sleep gets disturbed every night.
These buggers seem to hide somewhere and bite me when I sleep.
Has any one have any natural solutions to tackling this problem.
I tried mosquitoe net, but it gets very warm inside of it during this summer.
I dont want to try sprays or harmful repellants.

Any solution?

Mesh on all the windows is very effective.

Get one of those chinese made tennis bat look alike swatters. They sell them every where. Before going to sleep, run it along the curtain, check the walls.

Sleep with the fan on high. Its hot anyway. Too much turbulence to fly through for the little buggers :D

There is something strange i notice about mosquitoes. Between the hours of 5-8 pm make sure the doors or windows are closed. After 8 pm it does not matter. They won't come in as much. I don't know why. Tested this out in a place with lots of them. Left the main door open for about half an hour. It is relatively dark outside and there is light inside. Just two entered.

Otherwise there are repellent creams like odomos which you can get in any pharmacy, even in the sticks.. Contains 20% DEET, the only chemical known to effectively deter them. Works for 4 hours then needs another coat. Sat out in the open with just shorts and loads of them buzzing a round, just two landed. This is in open sewer country.

Not a good idea to get stung too much, you don't want to catch chikungunya or dengue.

Last edited:
Mesh on all the windows is very effective.

Get one of those chinese made tennis bat look alike swatters. They sell them every where. Before going to sleep, run it along the curtain, check the walls.

Sleep with the fan on high. Its hot anyway. Too much turbulence to fly through for the little buggers :D

There is something strange i notice about mosquitoes. Between the hours of 5-8 pm make sure the doors or windows are closed. After 8 pm it does not matter. They won't come in as much. I don't know why. Tested this out in a place with lots of them. Left the main door open for about half an hour. It is relatively dark outside and there is light inside. Just two entered.

Otherwise there are repellent creams like odomos which you can get in any pharmacy, even in the sticks.. Contains 20% DEET, the only chemical known to effectively deter them. Works for 4 hours then needs another coat. Sat out in the open with just shorts and loads of them buzzing a round, just two landed. This is in open sewer country.

Not a good idea to get stung too much, you don't want to catch chikungunya or dengue.
I have those chinese electric swatters. But they hide somewhere. I believe they have become adapted. :D
I run fan at full speed, yet they bite me. :(
Will need to try odomos. :(
Some one told me Neem oil works. I will try applying to my hands and feet, where they attack.

I have tried lighting diya with Neem Oil. It also works and mosquitoes dont come, but only as long as the flame lasts.

[DOUBLEPOST=1399102887][/DOUBLEPOST]
These sound things dont work. Its been proven scientifically.

Last edited:
Even I've noticed that these mosquitoes come inside and go out only during twilight hours. Some sort of curfew for them I suppose.
yeah the worst part is when you open the door and come in from outside, they too come in with you. They would be waiting near the door. Not sure why. :(

As said swatters are effective but might be the mosquitos too have gone advanced these days as soon as i switch swatters they run to another room instead of flying in a range.May be they are taught in their classes to run :por some sort of sonic sound emitted which they can hear .

One option is to get a table fan whose speed wont allow them to fly near.Because in summer i see fans speed go slow because of voltage fluctuations.

I have those chinese electric swatters. But they hide somewhere. I believe they have become adapted. :D
I run fan at full speed, yet they bite me. :(
Will need to try odomos. :(
Some one told me Neem oil works. I will try applying to my hands and feet, where they attack.

I have tried lighting diya with Neem Oil. It also works and mosquitoes dont come, but only as long as the flame lasts.
Can't adapt, there are too many hiding spots in your room. So you need to reorder things. You ned to spend some time looking for them. Easier to see them against a white background. Near windows or walls, nearby plants or water or around light fixtures.

Are you sleeping under the fan or not. Beside the fan works up to a point.

arms, feet and face is all you need to cover with odomos. I've heard about neem but DEET was invented decades ago for soldiers in swamps. It works. Neem oil will stain clothes and has a strong smell.

No chance to put mesh on the windows ? 5 - 8pm is the only time you need to prevent ingress. Whatever is in there got in earlier.

One option is to get a table fan whose speed wont allow them to fly near.Because in summer i see fans speed go slow because of voltage fluctuations.
This is a good idea if its placed near the head blowing downwards.

Last edited:
As said swatters are effective but might be the mosquitos too have gone advanced these days as soon as i switch swatters they run to another room instead of flying in a range.May be they are taught in their classes to run :por some sort of sonic sound emitted which they can hear .

Yeah I am thinking of buying a Table fan for those buggers.

Swatters are very effective tools if you know fencing :p. Kids in my house have damaged several stuff by hitting them while chasing mosquitoes.:banghead:

Keep your house/room as clean and organised as possible. They usually hide under the bed or in shelves. And as said above by fellow members they get in or become active in the evening, so keep the door & windows shut during that time. Fix iron-nets on windows if possible.

I second that. 5-8pm is when a lot of mosquitoes come in the house. Keep your doors closed at that time.

Right so i'm asking whether the trap attracts females as well. Remember they need blood to make eggs. The protein in blood. So i'm wondering whether they will be fooled. UV lights don't work with females.

let's see what OP finds out. Hopefully we will get an effectiveness report.[DOUBLEPOST=1399189858][/DOUBLEPOST]
The yeast generates carbon dioxide which mosquitoes are attracted to. So how long will that 1 gm of yeast continue to generate CO2. It will need to be recharged after some point. No mention of that. or do they expect you to do this every day. New water, sugar & yeast every day.

Last edited:
Right so i'm asking whether the trap attracts females as well. Remember they need blood to make eggs. The protein in blood. So i'm wondering whether they will be fooled. UV lights don't work with females.

let's see what OP finds out. Hopefully we will get an effectiveness report.[DOUBLEPOST=1399189858][/DOUBLEPOST]
The yeast generates carbon dioxide which mosquitoes are attracted to. So how long will that 1 gm of yeast continue to generate CO2. It will need to be recharged after some point. No mention of that. or do they expect you to do this every day. New water, sugar & yeast every day.
I had seen that trap before when I had googled.
For now i think i will get a table fan with max air flow. :D
Trap would be the last weapon in the arsenal :p

Back