My new Demon ...

Congrats man!

You are due for many reviews - but let D2K be the first ;)

As for spending 20K for headphones, don't go :O yet. Wait till Faheem gets his customs for 60K a couple of years down the line :bleh:

esanthosh said:
Wait till Faheem gets his customs for 60K a couple of years down the line :bleh:
haha exactly! I wouldn't be surprised but wth that's what you deserve when you are in premium company. :D

Congrats, dude!

I have ordered these babies too! From Amazon via KMD - costed me Rs. 13460! But, still awaiting delivery - it is taking too long and the wait is really painful. Your post just amplifies the pain :):)

Can't wait to pair these with the Asus Xonar Essence ST and the Fiio E7!

@sreenisatish 13.4K is a sweet price for them ,the asus will do the justice but i doubt the E7 can do anything as such .Get a better desktop amp/portable amp with a DAC if you can and you will love it totally and mind you the pads do get heated up badly just for 1 hour of usage .Talk to Jeremy of Jmoney about the Lamb skin pads.MarkL mod would make this demon even better.

Congo once again bugger... expensive shauks you have... :bleh:

... aaaaannnnd you spent 15k on bloody headphones, but couldn't a darn CD to bounce that flash off? :mad:

iGo said:
... aaaaannnnd you spent 15k on bloody headphones, but couldn't a darn CD to bounce that flash off? :mad:
Even i wanna know about bouncing the flash i did read your guide but i couldn get it:ashamed:

@Metalspree
I enquired around about the JMoney pads. I hear they get heated up more quickly as they are made of leather. But, they do improve the sound by some degree.
So, I am currently sticking to the stock pads.

About Markl mod - well, I would love to do the mod, but there is no way I can get it done in India. Also, I am too scared to do the mod myself :) No idea where to get the dynamat/cotton thingy either. Well, I may just try doing a partial mod - lets see!

JMoney do not heat up man ,since the stock pads are made of faux leather they tend to heat up real leather doesn't make the ears heat up ,i am waiting for the new v3 pads to release.I spoke to a lot of people over head-fi regarding the pads and yes J$ money make a lot of difference

Yogesh Sarkar said:
Congrats, but kind of surprised by the fact that they took 200 hours to open up!
They actually started opening up after ~80-100 hrs.After that there wasn't a huge change other than the sibialnce and sharpness in the highs vanishing day by day . It was only after 200 hrs I couldn't notice any difference in sound.

Desecrator said:
Congrats! :D

Thanks Gannu.

kauzy said:
congrats biatch.. n i used to think D2000 is some slr camera worth 15k.. :rofl:
hahah yeah on gtalk when I told you I got D2000,you were like even I want a DSLR .:S :rofl:.
karan_n8 said:
Congrats sir !

I take it that denons are more neutral than being bass heavy ? (Since thats what you prefer)
Thanks Karan .Please don't call me sir.:ashamed: The D2000 aren't really neutral as such . Overall sound signature can be described as smooth and mellowing .

It does focus on bass but not boom boom or heavy bass .The bass extends very low to sub-bass freq. ~15-20 Hz. It has amazing slam and punch .Its pure quality bass which I am loving it due to the kind of music I listen to ~Drum & Bass,Trance etc.
The mids are very slightly recessed but EQing by just 1 step brings them out. Highs were sibilant initially but now smooth and nice.
Soundstage is the best Ive ever heard in a closed cans. The whole sound is nicely spread out and doesnt sound congested which is usually the case in almost every closed cans.

The D2000 just doesnt sound like a closed can ,but more of like open cans ;).
haraakiri said:
Congrats! Looks awesome!
Thanks .
Ankur said:
Congrats Faheem. Now tell me when are you coming to Delhi? eh..

Another review coming up :):clap:
Would love to come Delhi ,as Ive never been there before.If I come ,will surely get these.

iyengar said:
This is huge man... Is u r relative some where near to Ambani's? I cannot even think of paying 15-20K for an headphone..

My god.. Its a shock for me anyway

eBro

No dont have any realative in Ambanis. Infact I bought this after saving for ~6-8 months and earning a little some moolah,during the vacations . ;)

Hahaha don't be shocked ,Everyone has something or the other that they are crazy about ..some spend insanely on perfumes, clothes,PCs,mobiles etc. I just like to invest in good sounding equipment.
Metalspree said:
Never tell the original price of audiophile stuff to friends or family members they will keeel you .

Exactly ! I still haven't told anyone at home that these cost 15k.
esanthosh said:
Congrats man!

You are due for many reviews - but let D2K be the first ;)

As for spending 20K for headphones, don't go :O yet. Wait till Faheem gets his customs for 60K a couple of years down the line :bleh:
Thanks Santosh .I guess you have invested in some new stuff as well ;). Not sure if I will get time to write a review on these , but will try. Infact some of the reviews you are expecting might not really come up due to some issues. :ashamed:
Regarding customs .. ohh yes maybe JH or UE , 4-5 years down the line when I start earning.
viralbug said:
Congrats again lamer on your bew boom boom. :bleh:
Thanks ! Its not boom boom re. You haven't even tried it yet. :bleh:
sreenisatish said:
Congrats, dude!

I have ordered these babies too! From Amazon via KMD - costed me Rs. 13460! But, still awaiting delivery - it is taking too long and the wait is really painful. Your post just amplifies the pain :):)

Can't wait to pair these with the Asus Xonar Essence ST and the Fiio E7!
Thanks . You got a really good price from KMD.I was thinking of getting it from KMD as well but then I got a better price + local warranty.
The E7 and ST both should do pretty well with the D2000 it doesnt need lot of power but some say the Xonar has synergy issues with D2000. Anyways do post your impressions when you get it .
iGo said:
I tried boucing the flash of the CD but its not working out properly :S.The lower part of image is all dark . These snaps I cicked using a self made flash ubrella with paper , like the one I had seen on your DSLR. It diffuses the flash and reduces its intensity to an extent.
idea said:
Congrats! Looks awesome! and hope sounds awesome!!!
Thanks .

You took your own sweet time posting this ! :p

Congrats again ! :D

Glad to know you are finally liking these. My cans are still stuck in customs so a comparison will have to wait. :(

Congrats !

What is your source /amp - EF2 ?

@BF1983 : wish your cans are released by customs soon, can't wait for your impressions.

BF1983 said:
You took your own sweet time posting this ! :p

Congrats again ! :D

Glad to know you are finally liking these. My cans are still stuck in customs so a comparison will have to wait. :(

I didn't want to post a show off untill I was completely satisfied and happy with my purchase. We will meet up soon , once your new cans here :D
RS4 said:
Congrats :rockon:
Thanks .

titana said:
Congrats !
What is your source /amp - EF2 ?

@BF1983 : wish your cans are released by customs soon, can't wait for your impressions.

Yeah using the EF2A currently with the CV4010 Mullard tubes. Will be trying it with a uDAC and Icon Mobile soon for reviewing and if I like it might get it ;).
ragzdiablo said:
congrats.. you just dont stop.. :p
Hopefully this is the full stop. :p (atleast for cans)

Back