Norton Internet Security 2010 2yr 3pc for 550

Status
Not open for further replies.
please reboot the pc before activating. also pls dont click on activate more than once. contact symantec support for issues as the key is genuine and they will help you with any issues.

akg7091 said:
You can use the key to activate only 3 times. It is how symantec defines a 3PC license. If you use it more than 3 times ( reformat or whatever ) then you have to tell customer support why/how you used it more than 3 times.
There is nothing I can do about it.

ok alright but I will be installing it on my PC and and my friends' PCs. We all keep formating our lappys regularly. In that case if we just contact the support team, can we get a new key 100%?

amol_cool said:
ok alright but I will be installing it on my PC and and my friends' PCs. We all keep formating our lappys regularly. In that case if we just contact the support team, can we get a new key 100%?

i got a new key. YMMV

archat68 said:
@akg,
Mate my licence is for one user only (2 years) and I have used it only once. Please see the attachment.

So, pls send me a duplicate 3 user licence or send me atleast another one user licence as I need to install it on my desktop and laptop.

Please send me proof of payment. I haven't received your payment and mistook AMC's deposit to be yours.

Also, the screenshot clearly says the key is valid. If you are not able to activate on other computers then please contact symantec support just like I did. Look at my attached screenshots for info if you need any.

Well the transfer that I did earlier got reversed to my account. Just now I checked after hearing from you and found that. I transferred the amount to your account again today - check with your bank. I'm also attaching the payment proof.
NIS payment.JPG - imgX

I never said that the key is not valid - but it is not for 3 PC. I never activated the key more than once. I only went for this deal because it is cheaper than the KIS 2010 (575 for 3 pc , 1 year). So, if it turns out to be a single PC licence - then the whole point about the deal turns negative.

^^ apologies if the key is one pc, but I have personally verified with symantec support and they say the key is 3 pcs
Even if it is for one year, I think the deal is worth it considering norton's price and performance ( and it is 2 yrs )

Please chat with symantec tech support. I am pretty sure you are facing the same problem I did. NIS tried to activate multiple times and sent the key to the servers. The servers were slow and didn't respond at that moment. Later on the key was disabled automatically. Support gave me a new key free of cost, so the deal and keys are genuine.
I am 100% sure now.
I request others to keep all factors in mind before purchasing. I have mentioned everything clearly in my posts in the thread and by PM. We all are sharing in the risk(s)
if any, but I think the keys are genuine because support verified them. This is just my personal experience and opinion. YMMV

Check this link for activation errors. These are pretty common and keys get activated for no reason. Google and you will find out. Please contact support for any such issues.

Message: "Activation not complete: No response received from the Symantec server" when I activate my Norton 2010 product

Well the problem is solved. I contacted the Norton Support and chatted with them. They confirmed that the licence is indeed for 3 PC/2year. The problem is to view this info I need to login to the Norton account which the dealer have registered with his email ID. Norton support provided me the email id - but I can't login to this account as I don't have the password.

Also, one nice thing came up during chat - there is no time limit for activating the licences - I mean suppose you activate one licence today - you can activate the rest of the licence after 6 month or so (as you wish).

Shanil:
As per our informations here you are having Norton Internet Security 2010 with 3 Licenses and 2 Year Subscription.

Mr. Arup Chatterjee:
Also pls tell me after activating the first licence within how much time the rest of the licences must be activated?

Mr. Arup Chatterjee:
O.K thanks for the help- so I can use the product without any problem.

Shanil:
You can activate the product on other computers at any time.

Shanil:
Yes. Product is working fine.

Shanil:
Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Mr. Arup Chatterjee:
Suppose I activated one licence today - and I can activate another after 6 month?

Shanil:
Yes. Sure.

Thanks akg for the initiative- reps added.

Is it just me or anyone else too faced a slow system after installing Norton? I used Eset till now my laptop used to boot in flat 30-35 seconds. Now it takes more than 50 secs! Not only this but if I start scanning with Norton, ANY apps I use take hell of a time. While this never happened with Eset. My lappy has 3GB's of RAM which I guess is pretty much.

I had heard that this Norton is resource friendly and hence was interested. But the trial version disappointed me a lot. Is there anything wrong with my settings or it's just normal for Norton?
@OP

I don mean to crap your thread. Just wanted to post this for people like me who were interested in Norton because they had read somewhere that it has become resource friendly now :(

For me 2010 Norton is faster than Avira which I was using earlier.
Even the reviews say that Norton changed a lot since 2009 version.
Maybe it is building an index of files or something like that

amol_cool said:
Is it just me or anyone else too faced a slow system after installing Norton? I used Eset till now my laptop used to boot in flat 30-35 seconds. Now it takes more than 50 secs! Not only this but if I start scanning with Norton, ANY apps I use take hell of a time. While this never happened with Eset. My lappy has 3GB's of RAM which I guess is pretty much.

I had heard that this Norton is resource friendly and hence was interested. But the trial version disappointed me a lot. Is there anything wrong with my settings or it's just normal for Norton?
@OP

I don mean to crap your thread. Just wanted to post this for people like me who were interested in Norton because they had read somewhere that it has become resource friendly now :(

well, my laptop with a t3200 dual core processor and 2 gb ram does fine with norton. i use avira except for norton and with either the laptop takes about the same time to boot into win 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back