Reliance Blocking vimeo and torrent sites in India

The Department of Telecom in India appears to be blocking popular video-sharing site Vimeo, as well as various torrent-related websites. The blocking appears to only be in effect via the Reliance Communication ISP, while subscribers to BSNL and Airtel still have access. It’s not yet known why BSNL, a state-run ISP, hasn’t been affected. Though visitors via Reliance Communication are greeted with this message:

572339457-520x422.png

New movie releasing by Reliance so to prevent piracy they started blocking.

They did same during release of Singham

well my friend on reliance lost access to many usenet sites . Alternative is get a VPS and use it as a secured proxy .

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE

Yes, Reliance has blocked most of the torrent sites, but there is a work around to access your fav torrent sites if you have a Smart Phone. For ex. i have a app installed which makes my phone a wireless router to connect net through my phone for my laptop. This works if you are not on reliance mobile plans but use reliance broadband. I log on using my phone as router on my laptop access all blocked sites and save torrents for download. U can also use your phone's internet to download torrent files on your phone and email to your account and download.

These steps are extreme. The sites are not blocked on BSNL or Airtel (i guess).

damn Reliance loosers. If there was any other isp in my area besides bsnl which is dead half of the month, i would have gladly taken their services. I'm sure what reliance is doing is illegal. they must have got a notice to block 2-3 sites sometime way back, and they're using that to block other sites as well now.

+1 to ^^

Completely illegal by using previous John doe's on sites now. They should get new doe's for this movie.

Planning to file an RTI application on monday to DoT. Lets see what is the outcome. WIll need to goto the muncipal ward offlice in Ghatkopar East.

Planning to file an RTI application on monday to DoT. Lets see what is the outcome. WIll need to goto the muncipal ward offlice in Ghatkopar East.

Please PM me the exact thing that you're gonna do. Me and my ~30 Friends nearby use Reliance and are fed-up with this stupid act of theirs. Please give me the process we all will do the Same. PM me please.

My local isp apparently uses Reliance networks and hence I'm blocked too. Please post on the forum on how the RTI went, I'm just as curious as you guys.

Yeah. Even i got this message while accessing some sites. Pretty fudged up. Though im not on reliance but my local isp buys bandwidth from them so .....................

RTI is a good idea, I am sure Reliance does not have the legal authority to do this.

I can't swtch to other ISP as there are no other ISP's in my area, even BSNL. But if there is a big movement of everyone saying no to Reliance internet, then I am in. Fk internet, i can live without it for few days/months.

Back