Reliance Blocking vimeo and torrent sites in India

Reliance won't be covered under rti. But yes we can ask gov. whether they have given permission to reliance for John doe

Now instead of the DOT page i'm getting this error like page from reliance webadmin page.

Cannot connect to configuration database. Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Happens to most torrent sites.

^ +1 same here.

I'm using Opera Turbo atm for torrent sites. Sucks to have to use a proxy service cause of one ridiculous company.

Now instead of the DOT page i'm getting this error like page from reliance webadmin page.

Happens to most torrent sites.
it seems someone is hell bent on disrupting services. Someone is tinkering with services. The page indicates improper coding, loose ends.

Reliance people have threatened to file a law suit against me. Lets see. If they do. I am going to file an RTI and a consumer case against them for closing more than 5 to 6 complaints within 24 hours while my internet hadn't worked for almost 2 weeks. Lets see...

Reliance people have threatened to file a law suit against me. Lets see. If they do. I am going to file an RTI and a consumer case against them for closing more than 5 to 6 complaints within 24 hours while my internet hadn't worked for almost 2 weeks. Lets see...

Lawsuit against you? Can you explain in detail what happened?

I was on their Prepaid plan and during the end of last year or somewhere thereabout, their internet totally went down. But even before that, their speeds had dropped to such low speeds that my Vodafone GPRS was faster. I made repeated complaints which they kept closing every time I called the day after I open it. So I kept opening new ones, asked them to pass the call to a supervisor and all that. In anycase, the issue was not resolved and no valid explanation was given other than "sir it will be repaired within 24 hours". This happened for around 10 to 12 days. By the 10 day, I applied for ACt broadband and I had the ACT BB internet up and running within 5 hours. So I stopped using Reliance completely and the next time they called, I said screw you and basically d/c the connection.

In the end I ended up reducing the speeds on reliance by lowering the plan and tried to use it backup connection. I still got less than 10KBps so I asked them to d/c. They never did. I switched completely to ACT and never paid the outstanding bill cuz I was on prepaid when I asked them to d/c it and I dont really have to pay the next months bill. They have now sent me a 2000+ bill saying I need to pay it. Keep getting phone calls pretty much everyday. I ended up blocking one of their numbers. Someone local called 3 days ago saying "We will go civil way sir". I am pretty sure what he meant was they will launch a civil case against me. I have been itching to file a case againt them for their really retarded service and clear violation of service agreement without proper reimbursement.

Till now I couldn't be bothered to waste time with a case, but if they do launch a case, boy I will make them pay.

Someone local called 3 days ago saying "We will go civil way sir". I am pretty sure what he meant was they will launch a civil case against me. I have been itching to file a case againt them for their really retarded service and clear violation of service agreement without proper reimbursement.

Till now I couldn't be bothered to waste time with a case, but if they do launch a case, boy I will make them pay.

Take the below with a pinch of salt
gap.gif
; I'm not a lawyer

This looks like a scare tactic than an actual action from their side. From a financial perspective, it doesn't make any sense for them. Their lawyer's fees alone would exceed the amount they can hope to recover. There's an off-chance that they are going to use this to shake down others as an 'example', but odds are against it.

There's a chance they can use 'recovery agents', but again, money involved is too small to be worth any rowdy's time .

If you're ready to fight it out, this would be an interesting face-off
ohyeah.gif

i feel lucky . i applied for reliance broadband connection , they promised that it will be installed in 2 days . paid 1250 advance . after 3 days i called , they dont pick phone in main office , after sometime guy picked and said " sir aap ke area me connection nahi de paenge , line kharab hai " . they kept giving lame excuses , said will take more time .. finally they said no and said u will get refund in a month ..

later i found they usually do this , taking money and denying connection later . and friends have connection which stay down for months and they are sent with bills for that period also .
<

Take the below with a pinch of salt
gap.gif
; I'm not a lawyer

This looks like a scare tactic than an actual action from their side. From a financial perspective, it doesn't make any sense for them. Their lawyer's fees alone would exceed the amount they can hope to recover. There's an off-chance that they are going to use this to shake down others as an 'example', but odds are against it.

There's a chance they can use 'recovery agents', but again, money involved is too small to be worth any rowdy's time .

If you're ready to fight it out, this would be an interesting face-off
ohyeah.gif

yep does look like it. but some part of is hoping that they do. just so i can have the plsure of suing them. lol.

Always keep such type of complaint numbers for future reference, when filing a case you will be needing it . Same thing happened to me, I made multiple complaints continuosly and they kept closing it, after one month of mailing and talking to nodal officers with all those complaint ID's in mail they had to give me one month of free internet (the period internet was not working properly). Those ID's are your only weapon.

Always keep such type of complaint numbers for future reference, when filing a case you will be needing it . Same thing happened to me, I made multiple complaints continuosly and they kept closing it, after one month of mailing and talking to nodal officers with all those complaint ID's in mail they had to give me one month of free internet (the period internet was not working properly). Those ID's are your only weapon.

Yep thats true. But I was so fed up that I just coudnt bring myself up to make any more complaints or follow up on getting free internet. I run a business solely though my laptop, stay connected with multiple teams all over the globe, my US based number works through my internet (Talk abt too many eggs in one basket) and was losing $$'s like no tmr. So went ahead and changed it to a smaller company who would be more responsive to clients and till now they are (touch wood).

People like these dont understand the legal way. such kind of #$#@$ should be insulted kicked in the face and humiliated in front of the whole world.

All reliance, whether wired, wireless or mobile, use ADAG RCOM as ISP. On most, if not all, its blocked.

they might have the same isp, but the blocking is not necessarily the same on all connection types

earlier also there was a thread saying sites were blocked for movies etc etc, didn't find it on my connection to be blocked!

Back