Reliance Jio Rollout

Their chief has announced. That's Mukesh Ambani we are talking about.
He won't go back on his promises.

With TRAI proposing to abolish the interconnect charge itself , where does this issue come in picture.

It's matter of time before IUC is abolished.

Jio already backtracked on its UL high-speed 3 months promise with JioFi and lyfs. But no big announcement was made for that and it can be unclear on technicalities, so they might push harder on free calls.

And for the slow speeds . . . Jio is throttling international data from some time, national data since a few days, and now cached data too sometimes during peak hours. Meanwhile, bw to Jio servers is full. It seems affect is more pronounced in areas with more users.

Didn't Jio lay undersea cable recently? Or will that take time to start?

Can someone who knows please clarify this 4gb/day thing? Is it by calendar date? or is it that 24 hours from the time you exceed 4gb, say 6pm 22nd, it will stay at 128kbps till 6pm 23rd ?

Can someone who knows please clarify this 4gb/day thing? Is it by calendar date? or is it that 24 hours from the time you exceed 4gb, say 6pm 22nd, it will stay at 128kbps till 6pm 23rd ?

say 6pm 22nd, it will stay at 128kbps till 6pm 23rd
This one

Jiofi and lyf are all converted into welcome offer
Ambani has made a fool out of Indians
Calling it Unlimited and then applying a 4GB FUP

Mod Edit: Please use English in the tech sections

Last edited by a moderator:
These days i get 'all lines busy..' even calling bsnl ! rest are about the same. vodafone especially. airtel seems to be a bit less, probably because they were the main culprits and in the spotlight...

netvelocity and speedtest on jio server shows up to 45mbps in a good network area. but a speedtest to another server and a real world test is anywhere from 3-5mbps. trying it for browsing via tethering and speeds are quite pathetic. some sites (CDN?) open quick but most are frustratingly slow. not a good sign this early on...

For me its totally useless, I don't think there is 4GB limit its something 200~300 MB maybe and speed goes to 600~700KB and with in sec's comes down to 15~20KB so its just pathetic and unreliable now.

Is there any thing I am missing?

only internet works on iphone 5s when i call the customer care they tell me download jio 4g app from google play store , i argue with him that there isnt any app such jio 4g voice on app store.. he says its available :D hats off to the cc guy

only internet works on iphone 5s when i call the customer care they tell me download jio 4g app from google play store , i argue with him that there isnt any app such jio 4g voice on app store.. he says its available :D hats off to the cc guy
That's correct Apple do not have Jiojoin/Jio4gvoice for non volte phones. It's available only for Android phone right now.

For me its totally useless, I don't think there is 4GB limit its something 200~300 MB maybe and speed goes to 600~700KB and with in sec's comes down to 15~20KB so its just pathetic and unreliable now.

Is there any thing I am missing?
No, you are not missing anything, I'm also facing the same problem, the only thing sometimes help is disabling the mobile data and enabling it again.

No, you are not missing anything, I'm also facing the same problem, the only thing sometimes help is disabling the mobile data and enabling it again.
Thanks, will try :) I was downloading a movie and was getting speed of 5-6 kB with seeds around 1500 lol that's pathetic. Back to my old, slow but trusted bsnl EVDO

Jio is totally useless. Getting 100-200 KBps speed on Jio while I'm getting 200-350 KBps speed on bsnl evdo, also most of the websites aren't opening on Jio.

Jio to Jio calls are not going through, forget with other networks. There is a reason why the "free" scheme is on. Network testing is really 'on', for a change Reliance is telling the truth but, no one is believing :D

One question always come to my mind, How people are gonna use Jio in dual sim cards phone once the free data thing ends and wants to use Data on other networks like idea airtel.

^ they will either have to use the other n/w sim in 2g data mode (edge) or find a phone with dual 4g sim slots.[DOUBLEPOST=1474747973][/DOUBLEPOST]Update: My bro just called me and said that his jio sim which came with his lyf phone is now working in this lenovo p1. Dunno if this is temporary or they've done away with the IMEI lock.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ they will either have to use the other n/w sim in 2g data mode (edge)

^^^This u cannot.

As soon u switch the data to any simcard be it 2g/3g/4g Jio will not work, Reason in most the phone to my knowledge switches the band's to 2G/3G/LTE as soon u turn the data on and Jio being all time 4G losses network.

Back