Reliance Jio Rollout

I have bought Jiofi device and it's barely a month.

This device was bought before Launch.
Nowadays they are capping speeds.
I complained many times to CC but they are reluctant.

Can we complain to TRAI?
Are they allowed to cap speeds after saying truly unlimited.

Paid 3k for this crap
How on earth did you manage to reach customer care many times? I haven't been able to reach them even once!!

These days I don't even get even network. The data speeds get seldom go beyond 2Mbps (used to be 20 odd earlier). The voice connection was never a priority and honestly never worked for me. This is on the Lyf 2 device, in Gurgaon. Wasted 3500 on this junk. What a nightmare. Absolutely no consistency. Lesser speed is acceptable, as long as you get a decent connection but these days the connection just fails to work, 5/10 times.

Talked to supervisor/senior cc operative and he was like uninterested to listen me.
He was all chill and said the same - "we have beenasked from above to cap 4gb/day even if you bought device before Launch.
Even after threatening that I can complain to TRAI he was cool.
This all Jio is crap.

These days I don't even get even network. The data speeds get seldom go beyond 2Mbps (used to be 20 odd earlier). The voice connection was never a priority and honestly never worked for me. This is on the Lyf 2 device, in Gurgaon. Wasted 3500 on this junk. What a nightmare. Absolutely no consistency. Lesser speed is acceptable, as long as you get a decent connection but these days the connection just fails to work, 5/10 times.
Welcome to my world, the only difference is I have only 1 LYF handset for younger bro, I'm personally using the sim in Mi Max.

Query related to getting Jio sim: Not sure if there is a separate thread for this.
I downloaded Myjio app on Le 2 and generated the jio coupon code. Took a screenshot and closed the app.
Went to reliance store this morning and showed him the coupon code. He started entering the details and when he entered the coupon code said he got a message that it does not exist. Happened with 3 other people right in front of me. All had previously generated code. Did I miss something? Anyone else faced this?
Edit: Also, now when I open the Myjio app again, I do not see the coupon code, nor any way to generate again.

Query related to getting Jio sim: Not sure if there is a separate thread for this.
I downloaded Myjio app on Le 2 and generated the jio coupon code. Took a screenshot and closed the app.
Went to reliance store this morning and showed him the coupon code. He started entering the details and when he entered the coupon code said he got a message that it does not exist. Happened with 3 other people right in front of me. All had previously generated code. Did I miss something? Anyone else faced this?
Edit: Also, now when I open the Myjio app again, I do not see the coupon code, nor any way to generate again.
You should delete data for MyJio app. Then try to open the MyJio app. You will get the "Get jio sim" option again

Reinstalled but still no go.The option no longer appears on the banner. I'll try with the earlier code in another store.
This is happening since a few days. A colleague generated the code and when retailer entered it in app during registration, it said that "Code has been already redeemed". He uninstalled app, cleared cache and tried again. But even then he could not generate a new code. He even used old apk. But even then he did not get the option to generate a new code. Finally he generated it in another mobile and got the SIM using that

Finally he generated it in another mobile and got the SIM using that
That's bad. This is the only 4G phone I've got. The store guy asked me to check with cust care, but I could never reach any rep.
IMEI or device ID? IMEI for each SIM slot is different. So if it tied to IMEI, we should be able to generate code in case we are using the internet of other SIM slot. Has anyone tried this?
Guess I can try that. If someone can confirm this is the case, I'll just generate the code after I reach the store. Putting in another couple of hours for this is putting me off.

One Good news about Jio in Hyderabad right now is.. One can get a SIM if they can wait for 3-4hrs which are getting activated instantly or max 12hrs.

Doesn't the myjio app code generation work on any phone? I don't think a 4g phone is required to install and run the app and generate the code.
Is that so? But if use such a code to get the sim would it work on another phone? Sorry but I don't have too much idea about this. Just wanted to get onto the jio bandwagon since I recently got a 4G phone.

Friend wanted a Jio Sim. I Stood with him in the line at 8:25pm as expected there were around 30 people before us.

All they wanted was Aadhar number and code generated on a VoLTE compatible phone.
I wasn't sure if i should get the SIM and went ahead and Generated the code.

3 persons sitting outside the store (Not allowing the crowd to get in, Fear of robbery i guess :D). Learnt they had E-KYC activation process, It was almost 9:15pm and we got our sim cards.

Drove back home and When i insert the SIM at 10:05pm, The sim was activated (Store person claimed 2 days lagtha). Everything was accessible, made sure VoLTE option was ON.

My Observations:
- Speeds are terrific. Indoors its 2mbps to 20mbps+ ( Keeps on fluctuating ), Outdoors no complaints, hitting up to 32mbps.
- Voice Calls quality is pretty much average and i'm unable to connect to few AVOID numbers.
- They were also accepting MNP requests but i made sure i tested this New Jio connection to my satisfaction and will Port my existing numbers.

Jio is here to rule. Period

9jzfaND.jpg

- Speeds are terrific. Indoors its 2mbps to 20mbps+ ( Keeps on fluctuating ), Outdoors no complaints, hitting up to 32mbps.

Was this a real download or a speedtest? I noticed MUCH better speeds in my village as compared to here in new bombay. probably to do with the network congestion since the signal quality was actually worse there than here. I did a speedtest outdoors couple days back and saw 45mbps. immediately tried a download and it was peaking at 5mbps. ok maybe that was a server limitation. but still...

conspiracy theory: maybe they're capping individual users after some initial period of high usage. and this is way before the 4gb/day limit.

my browsing was pathetic, had a doubt and then it was confirmed when DNS errors started popping up in chrome. set dns manually to google and now connecting to sites is better, but the speed at which sites actually finish loading is comparable to bad 2G connections. torrents and multiple thread DDLs work better so there's something really messed up with their n/w

Back