Reliance Jio Rollout

Screenshot_2016-09-28-00-49-19_com.whatsapp_1475004001176.jpg

Screenshot_2016-09-28-00-49-21_com.whatsapp.png

Screenshot_2016-09-28-00-55-36_com.whatsapp.png

Indoors. Ground floor

Last edited:
Those tests are all useless with Jio. Try mixed real world usage for a couple days and report back.

I was pointing out Signal in Indoors rather than speed, Which we all know varies. I'm must say i'm impressed with the 4G coverage on 2300mhz, We have an Rcom connection which uses Jio's 850mhz which has been quite average with speeds just touching Just over 5mbps. Highly possible Rcom capped it.

Will test the connection for more 30-45 days and Port my primary number.

Two Weeks Passed - Still no activation done - SIM acquired 12-09-2016 at 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm with Bar Code and Adhar Card with Finger Print at the scanner.

Phone is Redmi Note 3

Waiting for Activation.

Two Weeks Passed - Still no activation done - SIM acquired 12-09-2016 at 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm with Bar Code and Adhar Card with Finger Print at the scanner.

Phone is Redmi Note 3

Waiting for Activation.
If you used eKYC, SIM is activated instantly. You will get only sms with order number. You will not get the other sms which says that your number is ready for televerification as your number is already verified because of eKYC.
Put in your SIM card and you are ready to go. My colleague got SIM using eKYC yesterday at 9PM and he was using the SIM from 9.15PM

Phone is Redmi Note 3

Waiting for Activation.

Did u check it in the phone or u waiting for the activation message ? If for message u will not receive it as the Bio Sims are activated automatically u do not have to make any call for activation, So put ur sim in phome and make it ur primary simcard for data it will work.

If you used eKYC, SIM is activated instantly. You will get only sms with order number. You will not get the other sms which says that your number is ready for televerification as your number is already verified because of eKYC.
Put in your SIM card and you are ready to go. My colleague got SIM using eKYC yesterday at 9PM and he was using the SIM from 9.15PM

What is eKYC ? Is it mean

Bar Code Generated at Phone Scanned by the Reliance Store + Aadhar Card Scan by the store + and lastly 2 times finger print scanned by the store = eKYC ---- Right ?
I get Order number just in 5 sec when they issuing Jio SIM to me at my alternate Mobile number. Reliance Xpress Mini told it will be activate in 48 hours.

Did u check it in the phone or u waiting for the activation message ? If for message u will not receive it as the Bio Sims are activated automatically u do not have to make any call for activation, So put ur sim in phome and make it ur primary simcard for data it will work.

After getting the order number in my alternate mobile I didn't get any msg from Jio - Below is the screenshot
TtPooCt.png

And my phone is remain same since 12/09 night .

Nothing happened since then.

My Order ID : NO000007TWWI

Last edited:
What is eKYC ? Is it mean

Bar Code Generated at Phone Scanned by the Reliance Store + Aadhar Card Scan by the store + and lastly 2 times finger print scanned by the store = eKYC ---- Right ?
I get Order number just in 5 sec when they issuing Jio SIM to me at my alternate Mobile number. Reliance Xpress Mini told it will be activate in 48 hours.

After getting the order number in my alternate mobile I didn't get any msg from Jio

TtPooCt.png

And my phone is remain same since 12/09 night .

Nothing happened since then.
Set the Dial to JIO in Default Settings and check the preferred network type as "Prefer LTE"
28 September 2016 114142 AM IST.png

Attachments

• 28 September 2016 114142 AM IST.png
    28 September 2016 114142 AM IST.png
    302 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Data default is required, dial is not. Check that the network mode is set to 4G/LTE and not just 3G for the Jio sim

I was pointing out Signal in Indoors rather than speed, Which we all know varies. I'm must say i'm impressed with the 4G coverage on 2300mhz, We have an Rcom connection which uses Jio's 850mhz which has been quite average with speeds just touching Just over 5mbps. Highly possible Rcom capped it.

Will test the connection for more 30-45 days and Port my primary number.
This might be due to a tower nearby. Most of the Jio coverage I have seen is between 850 - 1800 Mhz. 2300 Mhz is like an oasis in a desert, very few and far in between. And the speeds on 1800 hovers near 2 Mbps which is far worse than 5mbps on 850 Mhz. Both of which I don't think are exactly 4G speeds.

Set the Dial to JIO in Default Settings and check the preferred network type as "Prefer LTE"
View attachment 66913

That one looks like De-active as Grayed out option - I think it will enable if the SIM Card receive signal or another SIM present.

Data default is required, dial is not. Check that the network mode is set to 4G/LTE and not just 3G for the Jio sim

Prefer LTE selected already - picture is below
RQ7451N.png

That one looks like De-active as Grayed out option - I think it will enable if the SIM Card receive signal or another SIM present.

Prefer LTE selected already - picture is below
RQ7451N.png
Try once removing the sim and re-inserting or toggle Airplane mode. If nothing works then you can go to a shop where you got the sim and ask him. This should never happen in eKYC.

Try once removing the sim and re-inserting or toggle Airplane mode. If nothing works then you can go to a shop where you got the sim and ask him. This should never happen in eKYC.

Once the promised 48 hours passed every day I reboot this phone - hope I may get signal....anyhow did the Remove / Re Insert & Airplane mode just now - But no hope.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Thank You Guys.

Try it in a phone of someone who's already using Jio. eKYC should have activated (without any notification) in max 1 hour.

Try it in a phone of someone who's already using Jio. eKYC should have activated (without any notification) in max 1 hour.

We have a JioFi with activated Jio SIM Card at home - Is it going to help if I insert my sim in that ? It may activate ? Or SIM get discarded and remain inactive permanently ?

What will be the outcome ?

It should work. JioFi sims are usually activated for data only, while open sims are activated for volte+data. Also try the jiofi sim in the phone and see if you get a signal. i dont think a working sim will get deactivated just by putting it into another device. If it is still imei bound it just wont work untill you put it back into the original device.

It should work. JioFi sims are usually activated for data only, while open sims are activated for volte+data. Also try the jiofi sim in the phone and see if you get a signal. i dont think a working sim will get deactivated just by putting it into another device. If it is still imei bound it just wont work untill you put it back into the original device.

Just did the following :-

I put the JioFi Sim in my RN3 and Try To Call by using phone Dialer (not the 4G Voice App) to Tata Docomo number / Bsnl Mobile Number / Bsnl Land Line number - Last two option worked - Land Line worked perfectly without any delay....so my RN3 is capable of handling Jio SIM and VoLTE,...So this prove my RN3 is alright.
Looks Like JioFi SIM also capable for Voice too.

Below is the Screen shot - In that shot still default Dial is Grayed out.

kZffcsN.png

Now my que, If I put the Jio SIM which I got for RN3 into JioFi Router - Will it activate or blocked permanently ?

Last edited:
I did the same. Put my JioFi SIM into a 4G phone to see if voice calling works, and it did, and I didn't even need to call 1977 to activate it. Probably because of eKYC.
Put it back in the router, and it still works. Though it has lost network a few times since I put it back into the router, and that hadn't happened before (to my knowledge).

...Below is the Screen shot - In that shot still default Dial is Grayed out.

Now my que, If I put the Jio SIM which I got for RN3 into JioFi Router - Will it activate or blocked permanently ?

Default dial will be grayed out if you have only one sim maybe?

It probably won't block or anything. But since it wasn't working in your phone, most probably that sim isn't activated yet because of some issue.

Back