Reliance Jio Rollout

As of now mine shows 730mb left of 4Gb but if I use the balance 730 within the next 15/20 mins it does not reduces the speed at least for me have tried it many times.
bf9eb3eb598b2834832ed0c77420379f.jpg
where do you see this usage graphic? i don't see anything like this in myjio

Same thing happened today. Around 4am i exceeded 4gb and was capped. At 7:18pm got an sms with a data usage/charge which is an indication that the cap is off !

TBH, I've been visting to Xpress mini and RD stores quite often this week and getting to know how exactly things are working out. Jio is gonna end up with 6-7 crore customers by year end far from their earlier target of 10 crore. Airtel has 25 crore Customers and not all use LTE and it struggles to provide proper speeds all the time, Wondering How will Jio do it from next month?!
One would hope that if they are planning for 10 crore connections, they have the infrastructure to support it.

But to your thought in another perspective Airtel has many more towers - 2g + 3g and people still complain about network drops, what is it going to be for Jio remains to be seen.

I doubt Jio has proper network in some places, J2J calls were dropping today because the other person had some congestion in his area. Jio Definitely has infrastructure to support even 15 crore customers but these kind of stupid Welcome offers is not gonna leave anyone satisfied. Even 4GB monthly was enough as a part of FREE offer if you'd ask me.

Premium customers aren't going to leave AVOID so soon, Not with the type of present network. I'm on Idea and if it offers the same Jio plans i'll stick to Idea only.

Rcom has some pretty sweet offer right now for Andhra circle.

s5HZEqz.jpg

One would hope that if they are planning for 10 crore connections, they have the infrastructure to support it.

But to your thought in another perspective Airtel has many more towers - 2g + 3g and people still complain about network drops, what is it going to be for Jio remains to be seen.
As far the network/sinal strenth is concerned Jio has the best network in my area my idea number loses signal in basement but jio all the time has all the bars. Even now check SS.

b1597dec088d2d596bde84af74ca04d7.jpg

Rcom has some pretty sweet offer right now for Andhra circle.

AVoId *** are always up to something sneaky or the other. Just found out my free minutes don't include calls to landlines. And when I got my connection i explicitly asked and was told that it includes ALL local and std calls. They use these shitty tactics to make a few bucks off each customer, which nobody has the time or patience to run after to correct. 10 bucks from 10 lakh customers=?

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: -

Well - Finally make time to pay a visit to the Reliance Xpress Mini Store where I got my SIM at 12-09-2016 - Store deserted as today they are not distributing any SIM card, To my Luck All Employee and two Top Dog (who are issuing authority of that store) are present there - Anyhow after explaining the fact, first one minor (in rank) start examining my phone - Like prefer Network / VoLTE enable or not / Editing Manual APN etc. Then they state you need software update for your phone from Xiaomi as your phone may not handle Jio 4G Network. As I prepared for this - Thank You Guys..... you doubt me during my previous posts - I asked them politely - Did it ever occurred to them the SIM card may be defective ? Then he comment phone purchased from online store sometime behave like this....
After this comment I pull out other Jio SIM Card to prove my phone is ok - > From that point everything changed -> Two Top people come in action -> Pull out at least 4-5 LYF phone to activate my SIM Card, nothing but failed, they both agreed that I'm 'The One' and only in a Lakh / Core who didn't get Activation by eKYC process ->They open the database and my status is "Approved/Await For Activation" where all other customer profile who even took SIM Card yesterday shows "Completed".

They can't do anything but I need to visit Jio Service Center to try out my luck there, that is the last step - One of them sent a mail to said Jio Service Center and instruct me to wait for a day - Once/ if he get reply from them he will call back to my alternate number for further instruction....that they promised so far.

They are Genuinely quite surprised by the above incident.

That is my Jio Experience.

----------------------------------------------------
Previously I also sent an Email to Jio Care - after automated reply - some body reply - Though 48 hours gone.

Dear Mr. ******,

Thank you for sharing the details.

I am sorry to know that your Jio Number ********** has still not been activated. Based on the details shared a complaint regarding the issue has been registered. Your reference number is SR000001TNEU

Our team will resolve the issue within 48 hours.

We aim to resolve your issue at the earliest.

For further assistance call us on 1800-889-9999 or write us at care@jio.com.

Thank you,

Vaibhav Karwal

Team Jio

I don't understand what they're trying to do if their tower speed is perfect but bandwidth goes to like 512kbps during the day. Then at a set time speed(including international) climbs to tower speed. If I'm correct, bandwidth cost is mostly not per GB so they should be at least giving 5mbit/s during the day. First the poor Lyf phones that no one wants to buy, now this.

Though they seem to expanding their FTTH network in a big way.

I tried to watch f1 qualifying today through hotstar. The performance was pathetic and couldn't stream properly.

Also, the Speed test is not even touching 2 mbps nowadays, whereas I used to get 11 mbps 10 days back..

How the heck were those guys on YT doing it so easily then? Does the redmi note 3 slot have more space?

As long as my sim is able to get a network, i can get a replacement sim very easily, so i don't really need to preserve the plastic back. But if the sim dies completely, i can't send the sms to activate the new sim, i can't show the hacked sim at the store to get a replacement, and if i tell them it's lost i may need an fir.
What is the process of getting the replacement sim now? didn't take it since long time, previously it was like you just filled the form, get the sim and it gets activated in 4-5 days, you didn't need your old sim to be in working condition. what is the process of sending the sms from the old sim to activate the new sim?

Last edited:
My JioFi device conked off after 2 weeks. Was working fine one minute, and the next refused to power on.
Took it to the service center and was told it'd take a couple of days to get fixed. They took an hour to generate a receipt, because their servers were down, as usual.
The new JioFi seems to have problems, and doesn't support Jio4GVoice as of yet.
The service center staff were polite and helpful, even though they were clearly overwhelmed by the number of people having issues with their SIM activations.

What is the process of getting the replacement sim now? didn't take it since long time, previously it was like you just filled the form, get the sim and it gets activated in 4-5 days, you didn't need your old sim to be in working condition. what is the process of sending the sms from the old sim to activate the new sim?

No no, this is my vodafone sim i'm talking about. If your existing sim is working, you just ask them for a new 4g 3 in one sim and then it's activated by sending an sms.

Back