Reliance Jio Rollout

No matter what - I'm getting always CONSTANT over 20-25 mbps speed at my Jio Fi Router and 1GB deplete very fast if I'm not careful - That is why - I'm not from any Metro city rather my location is outskirt of a Metro....This is due to my location and maybe less user in my locality.
Wow.Good for you.I think its better to get another SIM for the 1GB free usage and switchover to paid SIM as and when necessary.

Wow.Good for you.I think its better to get another SIM for the 1GB free usage and switchover to paid SIM as and when necessary.

I Got Four SIM Card. In that speed 4 GB is nothing @ Video Streaming.

Other than Jio nothing alternative available at the moment in my area @ Speed.

^^ 2am to 5am is unlimited btw...

Yes...But can't - Need To Go To Work Next Day....I don't regularly exceed the free quota, but during Holiday or Weekend it is.

Jio make me as addicted to Speedy Internet just like a Drug Addict - Since 2006 I use BSNL BB - Download everything, but from Sep'16 (with Jio) I discovered there is two type of Internet...Now it is Like....Why Download when you can stream.

This Kind of Speed can cure piracy in India.

Most people here at TE from Big Metros and they have Fiber at their home or other private line / Lease Line - To them Jio is garbage, but for Urban area it is not.

Yes...But can't - Need To Go To Work Next Day....I don't regularly exceed the free quota, but during Holiday or Weekend it is.

Jio make me as addicted to Speedy Internet just like a Drug Addict - Since 2006 I use BSNL BB - Download everything, but from Sep'16 (with Jio) I discovered there is two type of Internet...Now it is Like....Why Download when you can stream.

Most people here at TE from Big Metros and they have Fiber at their home or other private line / Lease Line - To them Jio is garbage, but for Urban area it is not.
That concept is very good that it is not at all feasible in India with the nexus of NIXI and Airtel,Tata etc.
We have to live our lives with crappy FUPs where streaming will be crap.Hopefully Jio GigaFiber will break up the stalemate but I think if they go with this Preview for 6 months with Gigafiber too then freeloaders like us will overwhelm the network as well.

Anybody recharge the 6GB pack at 301/- for 28 days pack ? What happen for the next day 1GB free data ? User get the same for next day ....Or he will not eligible until his 6GB exhausted..?

Please post your input...

I have. However, to the best of my knowledge, it uses the 1gb and then the 6gb.

That concept is very good that it is not at all feasible in India with the nexus of NIXI and Airtel,Tata etc.
We have to live our lives with crappy FUPs where streaming will be crap.Hopefully Jio GigaFiber will break up the stalemate but I think if they go with this Preview for 6 months with Gigafiber too then freeloaders like us will overwhelm the network as well.

Agreed. That is why I believe this other peering was happening, without NIXI - including torrent caching and all.

Jio has brought down the rate for most people - including me OR doubled speeds - look at it either way, and I am going to get an extra Jio Fiber connection is not too expensive. Ditto for the voice business.

Coming to streaming curing piracy, that will happen when we get more content providers to pitch in, they still need a kick in the head. Gimme something like Prime with a flat rate per month/year OR per movie etc, but be reasonable. A majority of the people still use ShareIT to get the latest movies and etc, thats just lost revenue. Make an offer like 25 bucks streaming.

Hey guys do you have any idea as to how to connect the JioFi2 Mifi device to a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 via USB.I checked out Rooter but my router is not supported there.I also have a DLink DWR113 which I used with a Tata Photon+ so if anybody has had luck that way I can use the knowhow too to use it as a gateway.

Hey guys do you have any idea as to how to connect the JioFi2 Mifi device to a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 via USB.I checked out Rooter but my router is not supported there.I also have a DLink DWR113 which I used with a Tata Photon+ so if anybody has had luck that way I can use the knowhow too to use it as a gateway.

If you connect via USB what happens? Does it show as a RNDIS device?

I love knee jerk reactions. This slide assumes Airtel and IDEA will not be able to do anything against these plans and that remains to be seen and analysed. Bought some Airtel and Idea instead.
So this paid well after ~5 months. The watershed moment took some time coming. Sold some idea and Airtel for 60 and 17% profit respectively.

While I have seen many people getting Jio connections, the connectivity still sucks and people struggling. And I don't see Jio winning this really. Now before get jumped by another Jio supporter let me clarify. The barrier to entry is their technology - the FDD LTE and backward compatibility.

One of the reasons a new entry in Indian market could hope to win some market share by slashing price or giving free was their tech work on "current" phones ie people could very well buy a throwaway sim and join the operator.

The issue with 4G is that its not a prevalent tech in Indian phones. Then there is an issue with phones which don't have VoLTE and have to rely on Jio Join, which btw might be a pain for someone who has learned his way around Android dialer. This means for people to join they first need a 4G enabled phone, preferably with VoLTE. Enter the LYF Brand. Cheapest one I can find on their website is 3k. I couldn't find anything cheaper but I could be wrong. I have tried checking couple of Reliance stores and online but I couldn't find any of these cheap 3k phones, this could certainly area specific.

So for a common man to be able to use this, they need to shell out a minimum 3k. Many might be tempted to do this if they want to use "acche se" (English translation - heavy use).So capturing market share for Jio looks difficult. Sure they can keep on extending "free trial" but will it actually entice people to shell out the extra ks for this?

So this paid well after ~5 months. The watershed moment took some time coming. Sold some idea and Airtel for 60 and 17% profit respectively.
Idea profit is ~30% if I'm not mistaken.
And lets be honest, you were in the red till the end of Jan when the Vodafone merger talks were announced ;)

Idea profit is ~30% if I'm not mistaken.
And lets be honest, you were in the red till the end of Jan when the Vodafone merger talks were announced ;)
It was ~60 as I had been averaging down aggressively because of the hypothesis I presented in the above post. So I my drawdown was ~5-8 rs at most.

Frankly I knew I was in for a long haul as is always the case when stock you buy doesn't follow the hype train. Add to the fact that Idea and Airtel abysmal results made things difficult. So the question I had was "will Jio capture a large market share enough to hurt Idea and Airtel?" I worked backwards from the average ARPU of other operators. At ~ 200 ARPU the yearly charges are 2.4k a year. Jio's commitment required minimum 3k and the phones were already running in short supply, its unlikely they are going to catch up any time soon. They had to keep on increasing free period to capture more and more market share. In a much longer term, Jio might have acquired BSNL or something to offer a 2G option. But will they have the same "free" or even cheaper plans in there? Thats questionable.

Additionally, most operators weren't making money, so merger was always on the cards for the mysterious "synergy". The only question was when? and it happened sooner than later.

Jio apps can download movies, songs automatically if you use that feature. Check for No power saving mode, greenify app, deep sleep mode is enabled.
Or you can schedule your torrents at night.
But ensure 5GB+ storage space.

Is there any way to get a Jio SIM card in Bangalore without Aadhar card?
I have not yet applied for aadhar card and none of the local sim vendors are willing to take passport/pan card as proof for giving a Jio Sim.. That too they demand the aadhar to be a local bangalore one..

Is there any way to get a Jio SIM card in Bangalore without Aadhar card?
I have not yet applied for aadhar card and none of the local sim vendors are willing to take passport/pan card as proof for giving a Jio Sim.. That too they demand the aadhar to be a local bangalore one..

You can get free jio SIM in jio store.
If you are not getting any free SIM at store. Register on Billbachao site they will send you invitation code. You will get SIM at your door step.

Adhar card is must.. for everything.
After 1 month free jio services are paid so why use Jio.
Buy Aircel SIM unlimited 3G data available. Enjoy.
If you want to use free jio services then install app and login to any Jio account (friend, family) with their working Jio number (jio id). Enjoy.

Back