The book I am reading currently

I'm reading Hour Game by David Baldacci, he is one of my favorite storytellers.

I quite like Chetan Bhagats book, its a good change from the books i generally read.

A Storm of Swords - GRR Martin

I'm on something of a Song of Ice and Fire reading binge, having read the first two books back-to-back and now in the middle of third one. BTW, I'm reading this on my Galaxy S. Now, I realized that more than a smart-phone, what I actually required was an ebook reader, but Galaxy S also does an excellent job of it.

I have read all from Chetan Bhagat. Will recommend 2 States to everyone :cool2:, and rest FORGET ! NOt worth even mentioning. His latest Revolution 2020 is a piece of junk.:mad:

Chetan Bhagat books are like bollywood flicks.

I would not suggest them to a serious reader, but it is good to start with them, as they are pretty simple and lucid.

I found five pint someone to be pretty good, when i started with reading

bbthumbhealer said:
I have read all from Chetan Bhagat. Will recommend 2 States to everyone :cool2:, and rest FORGET ! NOt worth even mentioning. His latest Revolution 2020 is a piece of junk.:mad:

Yeah, but simple, nice to read stuff with a smattering of romance, drama, masala...... not to forget cheap too. So its good for those starting to read.

^

Am on A Clash of Kings (Book two of 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series).

Was compelled to buy the entire collection after watching Game of Thrones. Favorite character is Tyrion by a long shot.

@Aces added you as a friend

^^ Am also reading the same book and the second book of wheel of time in parallel too...

Arya fav character...want her to kill joff so bad for so long :)

havent watched the series ..will wait to complete the books first and then start watching...

Re-reading The Red Market.
redmarket.jpg

An in-depth report that takes readers on a shocking tour through a macabre global underworld where organs, bones, and live people are bought and sold on the red market

Investigative journalist Scott Carney has spent five years on the ground tracing the lucrative and deeply secretive trade in human bodies and body parts—a vast hidden economy known as the "red market." From the horrifying to the ridiculous, he discovers its varied forms: an Indian village nicknamed "Kidneyvakkam" because most of its residents have sold their kidneys for cash; unscrupulous grave robbers who steal human bones from cemeteries, morgues, and funeral pyres for anatomical skeletons used in Western medical schools and labs; an ancient temple that makes money selling the hair of its devotees to wig makers in America—to the tune of $6 million annually.

The Red Market reveals the rise, fall, and resurgence of this multibillion-dollar under*ground trade through history, from early medical study and modern universities to poverty-ravaged Eurasian villages and high-tech Western labs; from body snatchers and surrogate mothers to skeleton dealers and the poor who sell body parts to survive. While local and international law enforcement have cracked down on the market, advances in science have increased the demand for human tissue—ligaments, kidneys, even rented space in women's wombs—leaving little room to consider the ethical dilemmas inherent in the flesh-and-blood trade.

Amazing read. Everybody should give it a go at least once.

Reading "Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game". Although I know nothing about baseball, the book is still fascinating!

I love Micheal Lewis style of writing and explaining concepts. Read his Liar's poker and The Big Short.

^^ Am also reading the same book and the second book of wheel of time in parallel too...

Arya fav character...want her to kill joff so bad for so long

Mine is Tyrion, but am starting to like Jaime Lannnister in book three too. Sansa is the most irritating character, I feel like skipping her POV's...

Back