~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

^^ The only catch is that the device is 1.5 yrs old & out of stock at many online sites. I have not much idea about Blackberry devices but I think this model is EOL.

BTW, any specific reason for getting a Blackberry ?

^yeah, have a lot of friends on BBM.

The device is not EOL..9700 and 9780 are still in production.

One more thing, any other phone under 20k?

no samsung.

Looks should be good.

My friend has a xperia x10 running on android 2.1, but i find it a bit sluggish is the android ver in that upgradable to 2.3?

Xperia X10 will be officially upgraded to Android 2.3 soon.

The best phone under 20k is Samsung Galaxy SL.

Regarding the BB, it might be cheaper because it is imported & might have no warranty. Confirm that with the seller before purchasing.

Looking for a new phone for my dad. Currently he is using nokia 2700c which has really poor call reception/quality inside the home. Even the old 1100 works without any hitch inside the house. Main criteria for new phone

- Excellent reception/call quality.

- ability to take some beatings, the 2700 has been dropped many times on hard granite floor but in the end it still works with big dent at 3 places. Looking something which can take such hardship :p

- Not too small font size on the screen.

- Should have loud speakerphone, FM, gprs/3g and > 2.0' display supporting large font size. 2700 supports large font.

- Nokia preferred for the standard UI but other brands also fine if they are good. No micromax,onida, or any other indian/chinese brands.

- No Qwerty or large n bulky phones. prefer the weight to be less than 110grams. Touchscreen is undecided as I feel it may break easily?

- Budget less than 7k, lower is better if they fit all the above requirements.

EDIT: I wouldnt mind paying 10k also if there is some model which is has good build quality and features like E52. Since its now a 2 year old model I am not sure if its worth the penny.

Oft repeated question, yet posting again:

Need a dual SIM GSM active (both SIMs need to be able to receive calls at any point of time without having to 'select' an active SIM) phone from preferably Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, SE - in that order. This is for my mom and calling is the ONLY thing that is required. Should be extremely easy to use.

Priority:
  • Call quality and volume
  • Ringtone volume

I believe Nokia has only one model, and that too is dual standby. Is that the case?

Budget - lowest possible in these brands.

pauldmps said:
^^ Nokia C5 @7.5k

The metallic body would take good beatings. Plus it is a Symbian smartphone.
Yes the build seems good but when I was looking at the speakerphone loudness it was almost same as the old 2700c(which is quite low). X2 seems be having really good sound output but he build quality is much to be desired.

Finally decided to get samsung wave 2 for wife...although she is not going to use most of the features..don't want to miss on the latest features in the 15k braket..

checked out alfa market rate at irla vileparle mumbai...15k.....few other shops around same price...15.2k..

i think it wud be a good deal to get it from letsbuy with the rcom coupon it comes to 13.7k ....guys pls tell me if its adviceable to get it online, since buying phone online for the first time and its suppose to be an anniversary gift..

Also planning to get a bluetooth...are the wired onces better or the one ear piece one ? pls suggest up to 1.5k price range..

thanks..

agantuk said:
Oft repeated question, yet posting again:

Need a dual SIM GSM active (both SIMs need to be able to receive calls at any point of time without having to 'select' an active SIM) phone from preferably Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, SE - in that order. This is for my mom and calling is the ONLY thing that is required. Should be extremely easy to use.

Priority:

• Call quality and volume
  • Ringtone volume

I believe Nokia has only one model, and that too is dual standby. Is that the case?

Budget - lowest possible in these brands.
Nokia has only one dual-sim phone without dual standby. The cheapest phone with dual-standby would be Samsung E1252.

thedeadghost said:
Finally decided to get samsung wave 2 for wife...although she is not going to use most of the features..don't want to miss on the latest features in the 15k braket..

checked out alfa market rate at irla vileparle mumbai...15k.....few other shops around same price...15.2k..

i think it wud be a good deal to get it from letsbuy with the rcom coupon it comes to 13.7k ....guys pls tell me if its adviceable to get it online, since buying phone online for the first time and its suppose to be an anniversary gift..

Letsbuy.com is a reliable site. Read details in this thread: http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deals-and-discussions/letsbuy-com-deals-and-coupons-186393-91.html

Also planning to get a bluetooth...are the wired onces better or the one ear piece one ? pls suggest up to 1.5k price range..

Do you mean bluetooth headset ?

Looking for a phone around 7000-8000 with features of 3G(want to use as a device for my laptop) and wifi and full touch screen, which is best in this budget, how about Olive Fluid V-W1?, is it a good phone, anybody is using it.

Are there any phones in which the "touch experience" is as good as an Iphone?

I'm remotely located and it very difficult for me to get a demo of any sort.

I just loved the touchscreen of one of my friend's Iphone4 and I was of view that most of the high end phones will be having a similar "feel".
But I got to use a HTC DHD and a Galaxy SL and the touch feel was pretty pathetic as compared to the Iphone :huh:

I don't know how to explain the "touch experience" but I guess people using touch screens will understand what I mean.

Nothing can match the feel of the iphone touchscreen. Closest you could get maybe the high end android phones from HTC, motorola and samsung. check out the galaxy S2 coming out soon...found one on ebay.in (imported UK piece, seller warranty) for 36k

Hey guys,

I was looking to buy a ZTE BLADE aka Orange San Francisco. And some mates are suggesting me to go for the DELL XCD35 instead. But as i compared them on gsmarena, it showed that there are various differences in the specs of both the phones.

ZTE Blade vs. Dell XCD35 - GSMArena.com

But, i read somewhere that nowadays DELL is selling its XCD35 with the same specs that of OSF. Is it true? And which one should i go for. Also, i needed the phone in white colour. Is the XcD35 available in white?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back