~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

^^ If you need to read pdfs & word documents, then you'll have to get atleast Symbian (Adobe Reader, Quick Office). But the C5 has such a small screen that wold strain your eyes.

I'd recommend that you either increase your budget & get LG Optimus One for 8.7k or lower your budget and get Nokia 5230 @ 6.5k (Both prices are after applying the coupon).

Those two are already on my radar.

I seem to have forgotten the name/model of a phone which was very much in the mentioned budget but had been touted to have a phenomenal battery back up. iirc it was nokia and maybe the c1/c2 model.. not sure on the model no part.

@pauldmps
Yeah i too was thinking about that... anyways i finally took the plunge and went for O1 :)
@Spacescreamer
You can get the C5 for 6.3K after using the letsbuy coupon.It's worth the price. I guess the battery will last long if most of the features are turned off.

Regards,
Nj

I need a phone with the following requirements:

touchscreen
wifi
screen size > 3 inches
min. of 5 mp camera with flash
good battery life (moderate use)
price < 15k

Hey guys, I received my wave II today and it is really amazing. I am proud of my choice. Well, can anybody tell me the name of the games shown in the TV commercial of this phone? Please. I would like to try them.

^^ Why don't you just head over to samsungapps.com & see which games are available ?

ifli said:
I need a phone with the following requirements:

touchscreen

wifi

screen size > 3 inches

min. of 5 mp camera with flash

good battery life (moderate use)

price < 15k
Samsung Galaxy Ace

Samsung Wave 723

HTC Wilfdifre (Poor screen resolution, try to stay away from this)

Doubleseven said:
See the following site...

FoneSquare - The Mobile World

Mobile consultant will satisfy lot of your queries

Regards,

doubleseven

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

See the following site...

FoneSquare - The Mobile World

Mobile consultant will satisfy lot of your queries

Regards,

doubleseven
What a waste of time to go to this site... the prices are higher than they are plus their ranking under 'Mobile Consultant' sucks big time.

I need an android phone and quite confused with number of available options in the market. Please suggest a good android phone under 15 K. I have the following options LGO1, Samsung wave/ wave2, Samsung Ace, Spice i310, HTC wild fire, Dell X35 and ZTE Blade.

Please consider the following criteria:
1. CPU+GPU
2. Value for money.
3. Camera quality and resolution supported.
4. Battery life.
5. Screen resolution and size.
6. Build Quality
7. Additional features.
Please also let me know from where ZTE Blade can be purchased in India or online. Additional please include any good phone which i may have missed and any offers on these phones.

Replay ASAP as i need to finalize the phone in next 2 days.

Regards,
Pushpesh

pushpeshkarki said:
I have the following options LGO1, Samsung wave/ wave2, Samsung Ace, Spice i310, HTC wild fire, Dell X35 and ZTE Blade.
Strike off Spice Mi310 & HTC Wildfire from the list first. Wave II is not Android, so that goes off the list too.

Now see this :

1. CPU+GPU - Galaxy Ace (better processor)

2. Value for money. - LG O1

3. Camera quality and resolution supported. - Galaxy Ace (better camera with flash)

4. Battery life. - LG O1

5. Screen resolution and size. - ZTE Blade

6. Build Quality - LG O1

7. Additional features. - LG O1 (Gingerbread update confirmed), Galaxy Ace (Gingerbread update rumored)

It is difficult to get ZTE Blade at a shop (Dell XCD35 is available). You'll have to look out for a "go" in some online forum.

If camera is important, get the Galaxy Ace, otherwise LG O1 is the best feature-rich, VFM phone.

You can get LG O1 at 8.7k from letsbuy.com using coupon code "RCOMLSB". Ace is available at 13.5k.

^^ No other recommendations in this budget.

The XCD35 has only 256MB RAM while ZTE Blade has 512MB RAM. Both are same models & manufactured by ZTE, only Dell markets here it in India.

So you won't get the original ZTE Blade in India.

The XCD35 & ZTE Blade has better screen. So it is your choice if you want to settle for less RAM in case of XCD35 , no warranty in case of ZTE Blade (imported) or overall good phone in case of LG O1.

This comparison might help. ZTE Blade vs. LG Optimus One P500 - GSMArena.com

Thanks mate :clap:,

I will go for LG O1 :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

pauldmps said:
^^ No other recommendations in this budget.

The XCD35 has only 256MB RAM while ZTE Blade has 512MB RAM. Both are same models & manufactured by ZTE, only Dell markets here it in India.

So you won't get the original ZTE Blade in India.

The XCD35 & ZTE Blade has better screen. So it is your choice if you want to settle for less RAM in case of XCD35 , no warranty in case of ZTE Blade (imported) or overall good phone in case of LG O1.

This comparison might help. ZTE Blade vs. LG Optimus One P500 - GSMArena.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back